2005 Dodge Stratus Consumer Review: After 5 years worth of abuse,

2005 Dodge Stratus - Consumer Review

R/T Sedan (2.7L V6 4-speed Automatic)

After 5 years worth of abuse, it's still a fun car...
By wy_themoparguy on

2005 Dodge Stratus R/T 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Mine's actually an SXT 2.7 V6, not an R/T V6, but Edmunds didn't have an entry for SXT 2.7 V6... Anyway, I bought this car used in June of '06, and have enjoyed it every day since. It has a very sporty feel, handles well, and is built pretty well overall.

Factory sound is amazing - it sounds like you have a 8 inch sub in the trunk.

Cupholder location and materials quality could use help; the interior looks like plastic no matter how you dress it up.
By davidlee1210
on 11/24/11 07:53 AM (PST)

I feel the same way about mine. I bought it with 72,000 miles on it in 2007 and have had no mechanical issues at all with it. The vehicle currently has nearly 200,000 and is just now begining to develop some issues. Issues which, considering the degree of maintenance I provide, an oil change every 3 or 4 months, a bottle of injector cleaner about as often, and otherwise simply put gas in it regularly and drive the bejesus out of it, it has held up remarkably well. I agree with the comments regarding the sound system as well as the cup holder positioning. It's a considerable reach for the driver to store his coffee cup while driving. the spaciousness of the trunk is amazing as well. I've never had occasion to ride in the rear, so cannot comment on the comfort of the seats.