Used 2005 Dodge Stratus Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Dodge Stratus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Stratus model:

I am Thinking Twice
By DeziNNE

2005 Dodge Stratus SXT 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I loved this car when I first bought it. Now I am regreting it. It has had issues since I bought it. Front braking system had to be replaced @ 11,000 miles and it has a frame issue that wore the tires out in 15,000 miles. It has a popping noise in the front end and the dealer says that its nothing. Now I am having issues with the cooling system with coolant just disappearing. It just rolled 24,000 miles and it has had the valve cover gasket replaced, new rear springs, and now needs a new heater core. I am sick of dealing with this car and now I try to get rid of it and it is worth $8,000 on trade in. If you buy this car better bet on keeping it, cause it is hard to get rid of.

The looks of the car are great. Seats are very comfy and the ride is great. I think the radio sounds outstanding for a factory system. Power is OK.

Don't let Mitsubishi build the next generation coupe.

Excellent Value
By Chaz

2005 Dodge Stratus SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This car has everything I need; comfort, style and performance. Not all of us are in the market for a BMW. Having read the Edmunds review, I have to say that this car is under-rated and that Edmunds has a certain snobishness when it comes to rating cars. We are not all "Speed Racers" or "Track Demons". This is good solid transportation with style, comfort and a host of convenience features. A lot of what is out there is in fact "over engineered" for the needs of the average driver. Dodge and it's parent company have tapped into a market segment where their car does not look like a cookie cutter in style and stands apart from the rest. I have gotten many, many compliments on the car.

Styling, performance, comfort, ride quality, economy, sound system, interior layout, fold down rear seats and convenience features.

Add a CD (covered) storage bin in the front console below the radio/CD. The markings for the transmission directly next to the shift lever should be lighted.

The Stratus is Awesome!
By Rick

2005 Dodge Stratus SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I love this car! It's very comfortable, the dash is cool with the racing style guages. An extremely enjoyable car to drive!

Racing style guages. Stereo system. Excellent ride and handling!

Make the standard engine a high- performace 4 instead of the 4-cylinder that comes standard on the SXT Sedan. It has decent acceleration, but a bit more would be great.

It's great for the money
By jarrod

2005 Dodge Stratus SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I like the car so far. It is a little slow and loud, but that's what you get for havign a four-cylinder. The gas milege improves over time. I have noticed the tires have to stay totally balanced for a good smooth ride. Special edition package is great, looks a little classy, adds alot of value to the car

I like the leather wrapped steering wheel, the exterior style and the size.

The suspension sounds like it is going to break any minute, but the dealership says nothing is wrong.

Like riding on Air.....
By Sherry

2005 Dodge Stratus SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This car is so comfortable. Not only is it great to drive, but I've found that it is a nice family car. The only word that I can say is "Comfortable". Very smooth and so far no mechanical problems. I am loving the smooth ride and decent stereo. I think I will have the car for a long time.

Comfort #1, Smooth ride #2, and great for a family.

Hmmm....really have to think hard on a suggested improvement. Nothing comes to mind immediately...

• SUV