Used 2005 Dodge Stratus Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Dodge Stratus - Consumer Reviews

2005 Dodge Stratus

View reviews for a specific Stratus model:

The Stratus is Awesome!
By Rick

2005 Dodge Stratus SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I love this car! It's very comfortable, the dash is cool with the racing style guages. An extremely enjoyable car to drive!

Favorite Features

Racing style guages. Stereo system. Excellent ride and handling!

Suggested Improvements

Make the standard engine a high- performace 4 instead of the 4-cylinder that comes standard on the SXT Sedan. It has decent acceleration, but a bit more would be great.

It's great for the money
By jarrod

2005 Dodge Stratus SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I like the car so far. It is a little slow and loud, but that's what you get for havign a four-cylinder. The gas milege improves over time. I have noticed the tires have to stay totally balanced for a good smooth ride. Special edition package is great, looks a little classy, adds alot of value to the car

Favorite Features

I like the leather wrapped steering wheel, the exterior style and the size.

Suggested Improvements

The suspension sounds like it is going to break any minute, but the dealership says nothing is wrong.

Like riding on Air.....
By Sherry

2005 Dodge Stratus SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This car is so comfortable. Not only is it great to drive, but I've found that it is a nice family car. The only word that I can say is "Comfortable". Very smooth and so far no mechanical problems. I am loving the smooth ride and decent stereo. I think I will have the car for a long time.

Favorite Features

Comfort #1, Smooth ride #2, and great for a family.

Suggested Improvements

Hmmm....really have to think hard on a suggested improvement. Nothing comes to mind immediately...

Great Car
By Great Car

2005 Dodge Stratus SXT 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is a great car. I have owned lots of cars and I think this is about my favorite. I think they should put better tires on though, as mine has 18,000 miles and look like racing slicks. Goodyear Eagle LS was not a wise choice. Brakes had to be replaced at 11,000 miles. But other than that I love this car. Sometimes i find myself taking the long way home because i just enjoy driving this car. Oh yeah.... when new... be ready to pay for some gas till it has about 5,000 miles.... felt like I was trying to keep gas in a V8 instead of a 4cyl.

Favorite Features

The looks of the car are very nice, radio sounds great for factory... but why is it only older ladies tell me they like my car??? hummm..

Suggested Improvements

Better tires from factory, better brakes....driver side lumbar standard.. and that cup holder INSIDE the armrest...whats up with that?

I Love My Stratus!!!
By Becky

2005 Dodge Stratus SXT 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I had a Dodge Stratus back in 99 that held me through 250,000 miles....I never had a problem with that car and only had to replace the norms (brakes, etc)...I only traded it in because of the miles and only had problems with other brands until I purchased another vehicle made by Chrysler/Dodge. Now I have a 2003 Sebring and my new baby, my 2005 Stratus. I love this car in the way that it handles, the look, and the gas mileage isn't too shabby either.

Favorite Features

The body of the car, and the sound system.

Suggested Improvements

What can you improve on such a good car? Maybe my payments?? LOL.