2005 Dodge Stratus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Stratus model:
I love my Dodge
By gellis8491 on 04/13/05 19:39 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Stratus SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I like the way my car rides, and I like the way it looks. It's very dependable. I go out of town with it a lot, and havent had any problems with it.

Excellent and sporty
By vikki trautner on 04/09/05 07:01 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Stratus SXT 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is an all around excellent car. Fun to drive, handles wonderfully and is great looking! Loving it!

Not worth it
By Willaim on 04/01/05 15:22 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Stratus SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I wouldn't recommend this vehicle. I purchased mine in nov 04 and have had problems with the brakes, windshield leaking, car stalling, and the engine. The car is very noisy and the engine makes all kinds of funny sounds that the dealership keeps rubbing off as wind noise. Had to have my windshield resealed and the brakes are very loud. Now the car acts like it wants to stall in idle and it's an automatic transmission. I have recently purchased a Camry to replace it. I'm almost willing to let the bank repossess the car, so what does that tell you? Definately not worth your time and money.

Very Good
By MaryPaige Anderson on 03/19/05 09:49 AM (PST)

2005 Dodge Stratus SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This is my 2nd Stratus and I love it as does everyone who has rode in it. It's sporty looking and great on gas. Would I buy another one? Perhaps. But I'm looking for something a bit larger now as in the new Dodge Charger. Although I love my Stratus. Dodge builds great vehicles; I have 5 Dodge vehicles now that includes the Stratus and 4 trucks. You can't go wrong with a Dodge built vehicle; they last forever!

Love this car
By Paulamoore8 on 02/12/05 15:37 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Stratus SXT 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I love it. For the price I paid I think I got a lot of fun car for the money. If anyone is looking for peppy little car, try this one. I have teenage boys that love it too. The biggest gripe I have is it is somewhat difficult to get in and out of, but once I am in it's a blast. I get a lot of second looks

Awesome Dodge Stratus SXT
By Carmen19 on 01/12/05 11:01 AM (PST)

2005 Dodge Stratus SXT 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I got into an accident where the impact was on the driver's side. The Stratus side crushed, but I was not injured at all thanks to the unique saftey design of the doors. It is an amazing car. If you want to turn heads, this is the car for it. It is very reliable, does well on long trips, and the sound system is great. The interior could be a little more sporty, but otherwise, I love this vehicle.

Excellent for the money
By William on 01/11/05 12:22 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Stratus SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased this vehicle in november of 2004 and I love it. Dodge is building their vehicles much better then they used to. I recently found out that they partnered with Mitsubishi and merged with Mercedez Benz. I have the four cylinder and it gets 25 mpg between both city/highway driving, yay! Horsepower is decent. It wont win a race, but it's enough, and the interior design is sweet.

RT is a Hot Rod
By kevin on 12/09/04 20:26 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Stratus R/T 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

The RT Sedan 2.7L Magnum is an excellent choice if you want sharp handling, a lively engine (think fast), and firm ride (avoid the truck lanes). It comes with 17's, fog lights, and the automatic version has a +/- shifter, which works really well. Four wheel disc brakes, and traction control, keep the shiny side up. A mid console display provides temperature, real time gas mileage and average MPG, metric, etc. and the gauges are very easy to read. It's a fun, top of the line subluxury, sedan able to handle the most spirited driving.

Old Reliable
By dingo9 on 10/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Stratus SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Excellent family transportation, good fuel economy, stylish, carries lots of cargo (camping gear), comfortable for long highway drives (8 hours). I like it! My previous car was another Stratus, which still ran great after 187000 miles!

MY CAR
By ROYM on 10/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

VERY NICE CAR GREAT GAS MILEAGE