Used 2005 Dodge Stratus Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Dodge Stratus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Stratus model:

Nice Change
By Brian

2005 Dodge Stratus SXT 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Bought on a whim!, Styling and price caught our eye. Have had for 1 year and 12,000 miles and still extremely happy with all aspects.

Buckets seat, floor shift, white guage package, 2,7 liter DOHC extremely responsive, GPM excellent for the size of car, excellent ride and handling.

Good so far
By watcher7

2005 Dodge Stratus SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Purchased used with 26,000 miles have 36,000 now with no problems mine is a 2.7l flex fuel. Very comfortable and quiet ride. Transmission seems to lose fluid slowly over a long period of time but find no leaks had a few rough gear changes but other wise flawless . Plan to keep and have no regrets so far.

Flex fuel option , style and comfort of ride sold me, love driving it.

Transmission has had a few as in 4 rough gear changes and fluid seems to go down after a long period of time with no signs of a leak anywhere. Fix these problems and car is perfect. Plan to keep.

In love with my Stratus
By Meg

2005 Dodge Stratus SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I searched all over the Sacramento area to find my 4 door 2.7L V6 Stratus in the midnight blue. I drove it home and instantly fell in love. Wonderfully reliable, a nice aggresive acceleration, and so roomy inside. My husband was reluctant to buy it since he has a mustang but after about 2 weeks was totally smitten!

I love the look and how I feel when driving my car. People do not expect my car to blow out the power it does and that makes my ride so fun.

Disappointed
By Annie

2005 Dodge Stratus SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I've had this car for 11 months and it is currently at the dealership because I need a new engine at 20,000 miles. I am very disapointed since this is the first American car I have bought. I owned a 2003 Honda Civic prior to this, and I regret that I ever got rid of it to buy an American car. I wasn't even given a rental by the dealer. I wouldn't recommend this car to anyone. The worst part of it all, I am already upside down on my loan after 1 year. The depreciation of the value is astronomical. I just checked online and my 2003 Civic is worth more today than my '05 Stratus per Kelly Blue Book, go figure.

Not much right now.

Comfortable seating and better working parts

Pleasently Surprised
By Rob Watkins

2005 Dodge Stratus SXT 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this about a year ago. I've had no trouble with it. Ride and drive is really good and better than I expected. 4 cylinder is quite athletic when the air is off, a bit boggy when it's on from a stop. A/C is ice cold. Overall quality is much better than my last Chrysler product, a 96 Sebring conv. People comment on how handsome this car looks and I agree. I know some people have had trouble with their coupes but I must have gotten a good one. I like the dash and door panels a lot. My car has the Special Edition package, which is 2 tone leather seats and a couple other goodies thrown in. Inside, with the blk/gray leather seats is nearly luxurious. Gas mileage is good. Love this car!

Looks, ride & drive, seats, huge trunk, stereo is superb for a stock system, mileage is pretty good. Fold down back seats make this coupe quite practical.

Could use a glovebox lock, ABS isn't even available, better designed key fob, the panic button is too easy to activate accidentally. Not much else.