Used 2005 Dodge Stratus Sedan Consumer Reviews - 43 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Dodge Stratus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2005 Dodge Stratus Sedan

View reviews for a specific Stratus model:

horrible money pit
By Jocelyn mary

2005 Dodge Stratus Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This car has caused me nothing but problem's!! The wheel barring for this car are smaller then usual and have to be replaced every year! Struts are gone. Already replaced timing belt long time ago! Exhaust and under carriage rotted and replaced a lot!!! Don't Ever buy! I plan to bring mine to a demo derby next fall!

Love
By Taylor

2005 Dodge Stratus Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I love my Dodge Stratus. I have owned my stratus for 3 years now. Not that it really matters, but mine is white. I purchased it with 150k miles and have put 30.5k on it in my time driving it. It drives very smooth, and handles nicely. My interior is all black, only cloth, but still very nice. I am very particular about keeping it clean so mine is spotless. It always feels comfortable.

The only issue I have with my stratus is that it accelerates slowly. Other than that, this car has been perfect for me. I do not look forward to the fact that mine has so many miles, I'm worried it'll start to go out soon. This worries me because I don't want to have to get another car, because I love mine!

Good Car for the Money
By 12220adc

2005 Dodge Stratus Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my 2005 R/T sedan new in early 2006. It was the last of the 05's on the lot so got a significant discount from the sticker. Overall it's been a good car for the money. It's sporty looking, comfortable, versatile and fun to drive. After nearly 10 years of ownership and 116K miles later, the engine runs very strong. I've had to put money primarily into suspension components like the control arms and ball joints which has been a bit irritating.

Fun to drive. Sporty looks.

Better front and suspension and steering components.

Great Value Midsize Sedan
By jklag11

2005 Dodge Stratus Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Bought my 2005 Dodge Stratus SXT Sedan 2 years ago with 64,000 miles on it. Just passing 85,000 miles now and have not had a single repair yet. Bought the car for about $5,000 less than a same-year Camry or Accord, and have not regretted that decision once. Besides the fact that the Stratus is far and away more attractive than either, it has a much more spacious interior and has very good handling for a mid-2000s midsize sedan. My only complaint to date has been that I tend to drive more city than highway, and have never been able to meet either the EPA (22 mpg) or Edmunds predicted (19 mpg) city ratings. Otherwise, very happy with my Stratus!

Attractive Exterior Styling Good Handling Excellent Visibility Comfortable and Spacious Interior Reliablility Strong Stereo Exellent Highway MPG (35+ on most trips) Smooth and Quiet ride Large Trunk

Poor City MPG (15-16) Strangely small trunk and pass-through openings make it hard to make full use of the large trunk for bulky items

Dependable
By kristee1

2005 Dodge Stratus Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car new in Jan 2006, since have raised 3 kids in it and it currently has 200,000 miles. It has had a few issues, the front right passenger floor board leaks, dealer said that wasnt under warranty, and they wanted 1500 to fix it. So its always leaked! Then I went over some train tracks and the belt came off, took 10 different shops and about a yr to get the belt and pulley on together so they ran as a unit, cause it was eating about a belt a week. Trans and motor, never had not one issue, though Im a stickler about preventative maintaince.

Its roomy, like I said before 3 kids in the back seat, I have taught 2 new drivers how to drive in this car, when I say "stop!" it stops!!!!

Dodge should have taken better care of thier customers, like other ppl on here, when its new and has issues Dodge should have made it thier responibility to make sure we would be returning customers. When we are/were paying $500 a mo for a vehicle and they dont stop a leak or informing us about the right steering arm being recalled in a timely fashion, not when your car has a week left under warranty. When I called thier customer service line for info on getting that fixed, it was automated and when they got back with me the warranty had expired, I was over 72,000m!