2005 Dodge Stratus Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Stratus model:
Love At First Sight!
By liber_jr on 04/12/12 09:46 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Stratus Coupe R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I recently bought my first car, a 2005 Dodge Stratus R/T coupe (No Automatic Option On Website) with the 4 speed auto with the auto-stick option. When I bought it there were only 109,100 miles. The performance is great and you can even spin the tires in the manual mode. One minor flaw I noticed was that if you have long legs like I do, when you make a turn the cruse control setup hits your leg. Other than that it was the best possible car for me and haven't had and issues with it besides a few burned out bulbs. I highly recommend this car to anyone.

LOVE IT!
By StratRT on 07/11/10 16:30 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Stratus Coupe R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Let me start by saying I love this car. I have a 2005 Dodge Stratus coup RT that I bought used, and it is a fantastic car. It came with just under 13000 miles on it. I am now up to about 60,000 and haven't had to fix anything on this car, outside of breaks and tires. I get compliments on my car all the time. People love the aggressive and sporty look. I have had people who work at the dealers ask multiple times when I am going to trade because they would like to take it off my hands for me. In short the best car that I have owned! I have not had to do fix anything on this car outside of breaks and tires.

Stratus R/T Coupe
By Carol on 07/10/08 11:59 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Stratus Coupe R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Got the car used with about 24,000 miles on it. Pretty much like the car except for the fact that the paint is peeling off the front bumper - don't know why - and estimates are approximately $600+ to get it repainted. Also, in really cold, wetter weather, the automatic windows freeze which is inconvenient when pulling into the parking garage at work where I have to scan a card for entrance - new mechanics in door did not help. Otherwise, the car runs great!

Sporty yet Classy
By Generichandle on 02/06/08 15:16 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Stratus Coupe R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I just bought a used 2005 Dodge Stratus R/T Coupe 3.0L V6 automatic. It had only 25,500 miles on it when I bought it. I bought it used for only $12,000 - it was pretty loaded for that price minus leather seats and electronic seat adjustment. Other than those two additions, the car is an awesome car and it drives great and is fast and sporty - I don't like Mitsubishi Eclipses so this was a good happy medium for me. When I got it insured, the insurance agent looked at it and couldn't believe it was a Stratus - obviously, he had only seen the sedans and not the R/T Coupe!

A 7
By terry on 10/10/05 12:16 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Stratus Coupe R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

It is a good car for a Dodge but there are several minor things that you would expect with a Dodge. The interior cup holders stink. It does handle and perform fair. But for the money there are a lot of nice things. I would definitely have gone with the Ford Fusion if it was out 2 months ago.

Awesome
By Mollie on 08/08/05 01:31 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Stratus Coupe R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

When I purchased my Stratus I was worried about gas mileage, but it turns out that gas mileage was no problem at all. I would recommend this car to anyone. It is very comfortable and the stereo is awesome. I just love the way the outside looks too.

Good Value
By Ken on 05/18/05 18:56 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Stratus Coupe R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Overall, it's a really good value. I always wanted something sporty, but also practical. It has plenty space at the back seats and trunk. Handling is amazing. I do not feel the speed at all and it's very confident at high speeds.

Dodge Stratus R/T Coupe
By Terrimy on 05/16/05 19:25 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Stratus Coupe R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I've been a little disappointed at the gas mileage. Initially it was 20 miles per gal city, 26 highway. Now city miles are about 15 miles per gallon. Turbo with automatic transmission helps me merge onto the freeway with ease. If I lived in the country or in the desert, I would entertain ordering a 5-speed manual transmission.

My cloud car
By beingunique on 05/09/05 21:09 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Stratus Coupe R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Totally impressed by my Stratus. I got all the options I wanted, 5k off the sticker and a great deal. It's the classic American nameplate w/some foreign parts that have proven to be VERY reliable. The joint venture between Chrysler and Mitsubishi is great. The same components that are used in the award winning Eclipse are used in the Stratus Coupe, and I could not be more pleased! Stylish, I get a LOT of looks. Feature packed, classy looks, sporty looks, and it performs. Along with a great engine that gets WONDERFUL gas mielage. I've gotten over 400 miles on 1 tank! I got all I wanted in my Stratus. For being a Dodge, it really has impressed a LOT of people (even me!!)

Stratus R/T
By car_know_it_all on 10/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Stratus Coupe R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have just purchased my 2004 Stratus R/T, and was astounded with how happy i was. I previously drove a 2002 Neon SXT, and the Stratus is a much better car. The performance is absolutely great, and with the auto-stick these California hills are a breeze. The bold and daring design of the Stratus R/T Coupe demands respect from every one on the road. Every since i picked it up from the dealer i have been reciveing constant complements on my new ride.