Used 2005 Dodge Stratus SXT Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Dodge Stratus - Consumer Reviews

2005 Dodge Stratus Coupe

View reviews for a specific Stratus model:

A Great Purchase
By mason_mm

2005 Dodge Stratus Coupe SXT 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is my 5th car in 3 years; needless to say, I have terrible luck with cars. However, this puppy was the best decision I've ever made with cars. The engine has good get up and go, the clutch is pleasantly shallow and the performance overall is great for a 4-cyl. The interior is great- the special edition with 2-tone leather is a great touch. The exterior design is the best Dodge/Chrysler had done in a long time, and I dont think any of their newer vehicles even look as good. If they still made these, I would buy one again and again.

Favorite Features

4-disc CD player, comfortable seats, good gas mileage

Suggested Improvements

Better key fob (panic button is too easily hit on accident), cleaner engine set up in engine bay (get dirty and pitted rather easily)

An excellent American car!
By leprof

2005 Dodge Stratus Coupe SXT 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have driven this car since I drove it off the lot in Oct. 2005. A former rental car, it had a couple stains in the back seat and around 27k miles on it. Since then I have driven it around 80k miles with no problems at all whatsoever except regular maintenance. One bit of advice - be careful of curbs and potholes because I have ruined some tires/control arms doing this. It is quite low to the ground. Having been told "don't buy American" I was hesitant to buy it, but I am so pleased with this car! I will drive it until it dies.

Favorite Features

4-disc in-dash CD player with awesome sound. Fun to drive - drives like a sports car.

Suggested Improvements

Seat comfort.

Beware buying Dodge
By dld06981

2005 Dodge Stratus Coupe SXT 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I've been recently looking up the paint that Dodge/Chrysler uses to paint their vehicles and it seems that there is a pretty good shot that you will have paint bubbling and/or fading. My black car got so bad with the Gray spots that I finally took a can of black spray paint and filled in the spots. It looks bad now but not as terrible as it was. When I asked my dealership to fix the problem they said it was my problem, that the vehicle had to be buffed out. What a joke, it seems like this error in paint happens all the time with this company. They are aware of their faulty paint and continually use it; the most recent vehicle I read about with this problem was a 2008. Please beware when buying Dodge

Suggested Improvements

PAINT QUALITY!

Dodge Stratus Coupe
By LJ

2005 Dodge Stratus Coupe SXT 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have the 2.4L SXT version, and I purchased it with 32,000 on the clock in June 06. Not once have I ever had maintenance issues with the car. I've only ever done basic stuff (brake pads, tires, oil changes). The car handles with ease, yet at the same time, feels like a bus in terms of length. You can't see completely over the hood, which attributes to the seat designing. The car can get up and go, but don't expect this to be a high end BMW in camouflage. Its more in a competitors range of Mitsubishi Eclipses, Galants, etc. Solid car, nothing overwhelming.

Favorite Features

Fun to drive, sleek body style, good build quality and reliability.

Suggested Improvements

single cup holder is in the worst possible spot, right behind the shifter, making 2nd, 4th, reverse a pain. Not the greatest paint quality, would've been nice if there was more than the 155 HP to the car.

Great Car overall.
By jrv14

2005 Dodge Stratus Coupe SXT 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have only had it a few days. I seems to drive well. It has great handling and a smooth ride. I have always owned Mitsubishi cars I was shoping for an Eclipse and I changed my mind because the 2 door coupe Stratus has the same Mitsubishi built drive train as the Eclipse. I like the body better than the Eclipe because it has more room in the back seat. I really am enjoying my car.

Favorite Features

Power sunroof, 4 disc in dash changer, power leather seats, 5 speed is fun to drive and shifts easy.

Suggested Improvements

Dashboard is starting to fold up around the heater vents near the front windshild. Spare tire cover in the trunk is cheaply made and is warping. The quality of those parts can be made better in future models.