2005 Dodge Stratus Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Stratus model:
A Great Purchase
By mason_mm on 02/10/13 18:11 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Stratus Coupe SXT 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is my 5th car in 3 years; needless to say, I have terrible luck with cars. However, this puppy was the best decision I've ever made with cars. The engine has good get up and go, the clutch is pleasantly shallow and the performance overall is great for a 4-cyl. The interior is great- the special edition with 2-tone leather is a great touch. The exterior design is the best Dodge/Chrysler had done in a long time, and I dont think any of their newer vehicles even look as good. If they still made these, I would buy one again and again.

An excellent American car!
By leprof on 05/25/12 15:32 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Stratus Coupe SXT 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have driven this car since I drove it off the lot in Oct. 2005. A former rental car, it had a couple stains in the back seat and around 27k miles on it. Since then I have driven it around 80k miles with no problems at all whatsoever except regular maintenance. One bit of advice - be careful of curbs and potholes because I have ruined some tires/control arms doing this. It is quite low to the ground. Having been told "don't buy American" I was hesitant to buy it, but I am so pleased with this car! I will drive it until it dies.

Love At First Sight!
By liber_jr on 04/12/12 09:46 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Stratus Coupe R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I recently bought my first car, a 2005 Dodge Stratus R/T coupe (No Automatic Option On Website) with the 4 speed auto with the auto-stick option. When I bought it there were only 109,100 miles. The performance is great and you can even spin the tires in the manual mode. One minor flaw I noticed was that if you have long legs like I do, when you make a turn the cruse control setup hits your leg. Other than that it was the best possible car for me and haven't had and issues with it besides a few burned out bulbs. I highly recommend this car to anyone.

Beware buying Dodge
By dld06981 on 10/13/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Stratus Coupe SXT 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I've been recently looking up the paint that Dodge/Chrysler uses to paint their vehicles and it seems that there is a pretty good shot that you will have paint bubbling and/or fading. My black car got so bad with the Gray spots that I finally took a can of black spray paint and filled in the spots. It looks bad now but not as terrible as it was. When I asked my dealership to fix the problem they said it was my problem, that the vehicle had to be buffed out. What a joke, it seems like this error in paint happens all the time with this company. They are aware of their faulty paint and continually use it; the most recent vehicle I read about with this problem was a 2008. Please beware when buying Dodge

LOVE IT!
By StratRT on 07/11/10 16:30 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Stratus Coupe R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Let me start by saying I love this car. I have a 2005 Dodge Stratus coup RT that I bought used, and it is a fantastic car. It came with just under 13000 miles on it. I am now up to about 60,000 and haven't had to fix anything on this car, outside of breaks and tires. I get compliments on my car all the time. People love the aggressive and sporty look. I have had people who work at the dealers ask multiple times when I am going to trade because they would like to take it off my hands for me. In short the best car that I have owned! I have not had to do fix anything on this car outside of breaks and tires.

Dodge Stratus Coupe
By LJ on 10/06/08 20:35 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Stratus Coupe SXT 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have the 2.4L SXT version, and I purchased it with 32,000 on the clock in June 06. Not once have I ever had maintenance issues with the car. I've only ever done basic stuff (brake pads, tires, oil changes). The car handles with ease, yet at the same time, feels like a bus in terms of length. You can't see completely over the hood, which attributes to the seat designing. The car can get up and go, but don't expect this to be a high end BMW in camouflage. Its more in a competitors range of Mitsubishi Eclipses, Galants, etc. Solid car, nothing overwhelming.

Stratus R/T Coupe
By Carol on 07/10/08 11:59 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Stratus Coupe R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Got the car used with about 24,000 miles on it. Pretty much like the car except for the fact that the paint is peeling off the front bumper - don't know why - and estimates are approximately $600+ to get it repainted. Also, in really cold, wetter weather, the automatic windows freeze which is inconvenient when pulling into the parking garage at work where I have to scan a card for entrance - new mechanics in door did not help. Otherwise, the car runs great!

Sporty yet Classy
By Generichandle on 02/06/08 15:16 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Stratus Coupe R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I just bought a used 2005 Dodge Stratus R/T Coupe 3.0L V6 automatic. It had only 25,500 miles on it when I bought it. I bought it used for only $12,000 - it was pretty loaded for that price minus leather seats and electronic seat adjustment. Other than those two additions, the car is an awesome car and it drives great and is fast and sporty - I don't like Mitsubishi Eclipses so this was a good happy medium for me. When I got it insured, the insurance agent looked at it and couldn't believe it was a Stratus - obviously, he had only seen the sedans and not the R/T Coupe!

Great Car overall.
By jrv14 on 05/14/07 21:39 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Stratus Coupe SXT 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have only had it a few days. I seems to drive well. It has great handling and a smooth ride. I have always owned Mitsubishi cars I was shoping for an Eclipse and I changed my mind because the 2 door coupe Stratus has the same Mitsubishi built drive train as the Eclipse. I like the body better than the Eclipe because it has more room in the back seat. I really am enjoying my car.

Nice Change
By Brian on 04/22/07 09:10 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Stratus Coupe SXT 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Bought on a whim!, Styling and price caught our eye. Have had for 1 year and 12,000 miles and still extremely happy with all aspects.