Used 2005 Dodge Stratus R/T Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Dodge Stratus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Stratus model:

Love At First Sight!
By liber_jr

2005 Dodge Stratus R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I recently bought my first car, a 2005 Dodge Stratus R/T coupe (No Automatic Option On Website) with the 4 speed auto with the auto-stick option. When I bought it there were only 109,100 miles. The performance is great and you can even spin the tires in the manual mode. One minor flaw I noticed was that if you have long legs like I do, when you make a turn the cruse control setup hits your leg. Other than that it was the best possible car for me and haven't had and issues with it besides a few burned out bulbs. I highly recommend this car to anyone.

Favorite Features

Sound System, Wheels, Maroon Color, Aggressive Styling, Performance.

Suggested Improvements

Cruise Control Location, More Aggressive Back End, 5 Speed Automatic With Manual Mode, More Performance

LOVE IT!
By StratRT

2005 Dodge Stratus R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Let me start by saying I love this car. I have a 2005 Dodge Stratus coup RT that I bought used, and it is a fantastic car. It came with just under 13000 miles on it. I am now up to about 60,000 and haven't had to fix anything on this car, outside of breaks and tires. I get compliments on my car all the time. People love the aggressive and sporty look. I have had people who work at the dealers ask multiple times when I am going to trade because they would like to take it off my hands for me. In short the best car that I have owned! I have not had to do fix anything on this car outside of breaks and tires.

Favorite Features

Aggressive look, Radio controls on the steering wheel,Standard Fog Lamp, decent cabin space and large trunk.

Suggested Improvements

Trunk floor covering the compact spare is just particle board and has a tendency to shift and warp easily. No MP# output.

Stratus R/T Coupe
By Carol

2005 Dodge Stratus R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Got the car used with about 24,000 miles on it. Pretty much like the car except for the fact that the paint is peeling off the front bumper - don't know why - and estimates are approximately $600+ to get it repainted. Also, in really cold, wetter weather, the automatic windows freeze which is inconvenient when pulling into the parking garage at work where I have to scan a card for entrance - new mechanics in door did not help. Otherwise, the car runs great!

Favorite Features

4-disc CD player - great sound, sunroof, the way it accelerates!

Suggested Improvements

Driver's seat - I'm fairly tall but need a pillow, otherwise feel I am sitting too low - seat does not raise up enough.

Sporty yet Classy
By Generichandle

2005 Dodge Stratus R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I just bought a used 2005 Dodge Stratus R/T Coupe 3.0L V6 automatic. It had only 25,500 miles on it when I bought it. I bought it used for only $12,000 - it was pretty loaded for that price minus leather seats and electronic seat adjustment. Other than those two additions, the car is an awesome car and it drives great and is fast and sporty - I don't like Mitsubishi Eclipses so this was a good happy medium for me. When I got it insured, the insurance agent looked at it and couldn't believe it was a Stratus - obviously, he had only seen the sedans and not the R/T Coupe!

Favorite Features

I like that I can change the volume, track, station, etc. without having to glance at my radio while I'm driving - a very cool safety invention. Also, the sunroof is great as well.

Suggested Improvements

The interior is a little sparse; meaning there could be improvements on the quality of parts used, the plastic and vinyl could be better as too could the dashboard.

A 7
By terry

2005 Dodge Stratus R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

It is a good car for a Dodge but there are several minor things that you would expect with a Dodge. The interior cup holders stink. It does handle and perform fair. But for the money there are a lot of nice things. I would definitely have gone with the Ford Fusion if it was out 2 months ago.

Favorite Features

An easy and entertaining car to drive. Minimal torque steer

Suggested Improvements

Visability is horrible. Gas mileage dosen't seem to be what they suggest.