2005 Dodge Stratus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Stratus model:
A Great Purchase
By mason_mm on 02/10/13 18:11 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Stratus SXT 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is my 5th car in 3 years; needless to say, I have terrible luck with cars. However, this puppy was the best decision I've ever made with cars. The engine has good get up and go, the clutch is pleasantly shallow and the performance overall is great for a 4-cyl. The interior is great- the special edition with 2-tone leather is a great touch. The exterior design is the best Dodge/Chrysler had done in a long time, and I dont think any of their newer vehicles even look as good. If they still made these, I would buy one again and again.

An excellent American car!
By leprof on 05/25/12 15:32 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Stratus SXT 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have driven this car since I drove it off the lot in Oct. 2005. A former rental car, it had a couple stains in the back seat and around 27k miles on it. Since then I have driven it around 80k miles with no problems at all whatsoever except regular maintenance. One bit of advice - be careful of curbs and potholes because I have ruined some tires/control arms doing this. It is quite low to the ground. Having been told "don't buy American" I was hesitant to buy it, but I am so pleased with this car! I will drive it until it dies.

Beware buying Dodge
By dld06981 on 10/13/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Stratus SXT 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I've been recently looking up the paint that Dodge/Chrysler uses to paint their vehicles and it seems that there is a pretty good shot that you will have paint bubbling and/or fading. My black car got so bad with the Gray spots that I finally took a can of black spray paint and filled in the spots. It looks bad now but not as terrible as it was. When I asked my dealership to fix the problem they said it was my problem, that the vehicle had to be buffed out. What a joke, it seems like this error in paint happens all the time with this company. They are aware of their faulty paint and continually use it; the most recent vehicle I read about with this problem was a 2008. Please beware when buying Dodge

Dodge Stratus Coupe
By LJ on 10/06/08 20:35 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Stratus SXT 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have the 2.4L SXT version, and I purchased it with 32,000 on the clock in June 06. Not once have I ever had maintenance issues with the car. I've only ever done basic stuff (brake pads, tires, oil changes). The car handles with ease, yet at the same time, feels like a bus in terms of length. You can't see completely over the hood, which attributes to the seat designing. The car can get up and go, but don't expect this to be a high end BMW in camouflage. Its more in a competitors range of Mitsubishi Eclipses, Galants, etc. Solid car, nothing overwhelming.

Great Car overall.
By jrv14 on 05/14/07 21:39 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Stratus SXT 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have only had it a few days. I seems to drive well. It has great handling and a smooth ride. I have always owned Mitsubishi cars I was shoping for an Eclipse and I changed my mind because the 2 door coupe Stratus has the same Mitsubishi built drive train as the Eclipse. I like the body better than the Eclipe because it has more room in the back seat. I really am enjoying my car.

Nice Change
By Brian on 04/22/07 09:10 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Stratus SXT 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Bought on a whim!, Styling and price caught our eye. Have had for 1 year and 12,000 miles and still extremely happy with all aspects.

Pleasently Surprised
By Rob Watkins on 06/24/06 12:17 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Stratus SXT 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this about a year ago. I've had no trouble with it. Ride and drive is really good and better than I expected. 4 cylinder is quite athletic when the air is off, a bit boggy when it's on from a stop. A/C is ice cold. Overall quality is much better than my last Chrysler product, a 96 Sebring conv. People comment on how handsome this car looks and I agree. I know some people have had trouble with their coupes but I must have gotten a good one. I like the dash and door panels a lot. My car has the Special Edition package, which is 2 tone leather seats and a couple other goodies thrown in. Inside, with the blk/gray leather seats is nearly luxurious. Gas mileage is good. Love this car!

I am Thinking Twice
By DeziNNE on 03/27/06 22:52 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Stratus SXT 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I loved this car when I first bought it. Now I am regreting it. It has had issues since I bought it. Front braking system had to be replaced @ 11,000 miles and it has a frame issue that wore the tires out in 15,000 miles. It has a popping noise in the front end and the dealer says that its nothing. Now I am having issues with the cooling system with coolant just disappearing. It just rolled 24,000 miles and it has had the valve cover gasket replaced, new rear springs, and now needs a new heater core. I am sick of dealing with this car and now I try to get rid of it and it is worth $8,000 on trade in. If you buy this car better bet on keeping it, cause it is hard to get rid of.

Great Car
By Great Car on 12/05/05 05:56 AM (PST)

2005 Dodge Stratus SXT 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is a great car. I have owned lots of cars and I think this is about my favorite. I think they should put better tires on though, as mine has 18,000 miles and look like racing slicks. Goodyear Eagle LS was not a wise choice. Brakes had to be replaced at 11,000 miles. But other than that I love this car. Sometimes i find myself taking the long way home because i just enjoy driving this car. Oh yeah.... when new... be ready to pay for some gas till it has about 5,000 miles.... felt like I was trying to keep gas in a V8 instead of a 4cyl.

I Love My Stratus!!!
By Becky on 10/30/05 13:43 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Stratus SXT 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I had a Dodge Stratus back in 99 that held me through 250,000 miles....I never had a problem with that car and only had to replace the norms (brakes, etc)...I only traded it in because of the miles and only had problems with other brands until I purchased another vehicle made by Chrysler/Dodge. Now I have a 2003 Sebring and my new baby, my 2005 Stratus. I love this car in the way that it handles, the look, and the gas mileage isn't too shabby either.