2005 Dodge Stratus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Stratus model:
After 5 years worth of abuse, it's still a fun car...
By wy_themoparguy on 02/11/11 12:58 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Stratus R/T 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Mine's actually an SXT 2.7 V6, not an R/T V6, but Edmunds didn't have an entry for SXT 2.7 V6... Anyway, I bought this car used in June of '06, and have enjoyed it every day since. It has a very sporty feel, handles well, and is built pretty well overall.

Disappointed
By bran222 on 05/01/08 08:40 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Stratus R/T 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

We bought this car with 18 miles. It was our first 'New' car. The second day we owned it the engine light came on. We had to have the emissions system replaced. Since then the driver's power window has had to be fixed, I have taken it to the dealer 3 times about the brakes and transmission and they say everything is okay. Now that it's just out of warranty (we hit 40,000 last month) I am told the front wheel bearings both need to be replaced! I know the transmission still slips and is very jerky or slow to shift into gear. The brakes have been loud for months. Trade in is 8,000 and I have the V6 engine! Very disappointed, nothing but problems from the start!

Great Car
By George Noble on 08/17/05 14:05 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Stratus R/T 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned Chrysler's in the past and just traded my 2000 Stratus for a 2005. The price was surpisingly good, the looks and performance are great. I have owned Chrysler products in the past and have never been sorry. Dependable and fun to drive. I would not want another brand of car.

RT is a Hot Rod
By kevin on 12/09/04 20:26 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Stratus R/T 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

The RT Sedan 2.7L Magnum is an excellent choice if you want sharp handling, a lively engine (think fast), and firm ride (avoid the truck lanes). It comes with 17's, fog lights, and the automatic version has a +/- shifter, which works really well. Four wheel disc brakes, and traction control, keep the shiny side up. A mid console display provides temperature, real time gas mileage and average MPG, metric, etc. and the gauges are very easy to read. It's a fun, top of the line subluxury, sedan able to handle the most spirited driving.

stratus R/T sedan
By james anthony on 09/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Stratus R/T 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Dodge will not stand behind this car. I enjoy this sedan for its performance and value, but the paint has issues. Dodge wants to warranty a paint job. The car has only been in my possesion for a short time and they want to paint it. I want it replaced. Diamler- Chrysler says no way! They have lost a loyal customer.