Used 2005 Dodge Stratus Consumer Reviews - 68 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Dodge Stratus - Consumer Reviews

2005 Dodge Stratus

View reviews for a specific Stratus model:

horrible money pit
By Jocelyn mary

2005 Dodge Stratus SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This car has caused me nothing but problem's!! The wheel barring for this car are smaller then usual and have to be replaced every year! Struts are gone. Already replaced timing belt long time ago! Exhaust and under carriage rotted and replaced a lot!!! Don't Ever buy! I plan to bring mine to a demo derby next fall!

Love
By Taylor

2005 Dodge Stratus SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I love my Dodge Stratus. I have owned my stratus for 3 years now. Not that it really matters, but mine is white. I purchased it with 150k miles and have put 30.5k on it in my time driving it. It drives very smooth, and handles nicely. My interior is all black, only cloth, but still very nice. I am very particular about keeping it clean so mine is spotless. It always feels comfortable.

The only issue I have with my stratus is that it accelerates slowly. Other than that, this car has been perfect for me. I do not look forward to the fact that mine has so many miles, I'm worried it'll start to go out soon. This worries me because I don't want to have to get another car, because I love mine!

Good Car for the Money
By 12220adc

2005 Dodge Stratus R/T 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my 2005 R/T sedan new in early 2006. It was the last of the 05's on the lot so got a significant discount from the sticker. Overall it's been a good car for the money. It's sporty looking, comfortable, versatile and fun to drive. After nearly 10 years of ownership and 116K miles later, the engine runs very strong. I've had to put money primarily into suspension components like the control arms and ball joints which has been a bit irritating.

Fun to drive. Sporty looks.

Better front and suspension and steering components.

Great Value Midsize Sedan
By jklag11

2005 Dodge Stratus SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Bought my 2005 Dodge Stratus SXT Sedan 2 years ago with 64,000 miles on it. Just passing 85,000 miles now and have not had a single repair yet. Bought the car for about $5,000 less than a same-year Camry or Accord, and have not regretted that decision once. Besides the fact that the Stratus is far and away more attractive than either, it has a much more spacious interior and has very good handling for a mid-2000s midsize sedan. My only complaint to date has been that I tend to drive more city than highway, and have never been able to meet either the EPA (22 mpg) or Edmunds predicted (19 mpg) city ratings. Otherwise, very happy with my Stratus!

Attractive Exterior Styling Good Handling Excellent Visibility Comfortable and Spacious Interior Reliablility Strong Stereo Exellent Highway MPG (35+ on most trips) Smooth and Quiet ride Large Trunk

Poor City MPG (15-16) Strangely small trunk and pass-through openings make it hard to make full use of the large trunk for bulky items

A Great Purchase
By mason_mm

2005 Dodge Stratus SXT 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is my 5th car in 3 years; needless to say, I have terrible luck with cars. However, this puppy was the best decision I've ever made with cars. The engine has good get up and go, the clutch is pleasantly shallow and the performance overall is great for a 4-cyl. The interior is great- the special edition with 2-tone leather is a great touch. The exterior design is the best Dodge/Chrysler had done in a long time, and I dont think any of their newer vehicles even look as good. If they still made these, I would buy one again and again.

4-disc CD player, comfortable seats, good gas mileage

Better key fob (panic button is too easily hit on accident), cleaner engine set up in engine bay (get dirty and pitted rather easily)