2004 Dodge Stratus Consumer Review: Decent car, decent price...

2004 Dodge Stratus - Consumer Review

SXT Sedan (2.4L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic)

Decent car, decent price...
By kaoticsundae on

2004 Dodge Stratus SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

All in all, I cannot complain too much. I traded in a '99 Pontiac Grand Prix with 182,000 miles for this '04 Dodge Stratus with 74,000 miles. I have an incredibly long commute to and from work and I figured the MPG difference would pay for itself. I was wrong. The MPG's for the two cars during my ownership have been almost identical. Plus, I am a very tall man and have a wife and two kids to haul around and it is a tight squeeze for us all after a grocery store trip. The front floorboards are very spacious but the back are lacking. The handbrake is too far away for a driver that has to put the seat back a bit. I do like the 4 cupholders. Biggest complaint: the car shifts VERY ROUGHLY!!!!!!!!

4 cupholders, presence of a handbrake, instrument panel layout and when illuminated, keyless entry, and fascia of vehicle.

smoother shifting, better MPG's(I know its possible, this is a 4 cyl. after all!), little more roomy in the back, move handbrake to opposite side of shift knob.