2004 Dodge Stratus Consumer Review: Okay car for the price

2004 Dodge Stratus - Consumer Review

Okay car for the price
By Rob on

2004 Dodge Stratus SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this car in Oct ober, 2004 for $12k w/12k miles. I find the sedan fun to drive and comfortable, acceleration adequate with the 6 cylinder. Have already put about 6K miles on car. Kids complain on longer trips that the back seat is 'flat' but I think the impressive crash tests override that. However, I have had problems with clicking and clunking sounds from the brakes and suspension. Dealership mechanics can never find it and I have heard the "'We couldn't hear it" to "it's not a problem" excuses although they have changed the rack and pinion steering. Also had a stalling issue that was corrected by a service bulletin. I feel these inconveniences are the price I pay for the lower sale price.

Favorite Features

Overall drive feel, styling, decent CD player/radio. Attractive pricing, these baby's drop in price dramatically so you can get a good deal on a low mile used model.

Suggested Improvements

There is a reason the price drops; they need to correct the flaws. I have overheard similar complaints on other Chrysler vehicles while sitting in the service waiting area. Stay on top of problems before warranty is up!