2004 Dodge Stratus Consumer Review: It's Transportation

2004 Dodge Stratus - Consumer Review

It's Transportation
By Mr. Mopar on

2004 Dodge Stratus SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

We needed a replacement for my wife's Breeze and the Stratus was the logical choice. The size and price were the main factors that contributed to purchasing the vehicle; we needed a practical car and weren't looking for anything fancy. The SXT package added some nice features like 16" aluminum wheels and keyless entry. The biggest problem so far has been the replacement of the transmission at 500 miles due to a high-pitched whine at 75 MPH. The driver's side window leaks some water when going through a high-pressure wash but after the debacle with getting the transmission fixed I decided I could live with a little water on my arm now and then.

Sporty styling. Roomy interior. Nice option set with the SXT package.

The 2.4 is VERY noisy. I've had slant sixes that were as quiet as this thing; if you want to pretend you've got a hot rod 4-banger then it's OK. A tranny being replaced at 500 miles is sad. Is the UAW accountable for quality control?