Used 2004 Dodge Stratus Sedan Consumer Reviews - 97 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Dodge Stratus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Stratus model:

I Love My Stratus!
By Chris

2004 Dodge Stratus Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I will admit, when I bought my Stratus, I was not pleased at the fact that I was going from a V-6 1997 Toyota Avalon to this four cylinder car, but after about a month of ownership, I fell in love. With the gas prices the way they are, my Stratus sips on gas and has adequate enough power to roll with the big boys! It's quite fun to drive, it has double wishbone suspension, so it's nice on curvy roads. It has a humungous trunk, 6 x 9 speakers in the front and the rear (no need to put twelves in the trunk). And it's pretty to look at, too.

Huge trunk, boomin' stereo system, roomy interior, fuel efficient enging, adequate power, beautiful shape.

Better interior materials, need to offer a manual transmission

Great MPG!
By stevcaro

2004 Dodge Stratus Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought a new 2002 Altima that wasn't as nice overall as this car. The interior of the Stratus is nicer and more comfortable in my opinion. It dosen't have the power but rides just as nice. This car has actually been a pleasant surprise.

MPG, looks, comfort, huge trunk.

None so far.

Great car for the money
By runninwild

2004 Dodge Stratus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car with only 200 miles on it, i love it. It hits high speeds and handles like you would not believe. The only problem I found was that it stalled but that was fixed buy replacing the sparkplug wires and replacing the plugs with platinum plugs. Also use semi-synthetic oil. Otherwise it works great.

Awsome sound system. Roomy and affordable.Powerfull 0-60 in 8 seconds on a bad day. Lots of fun to own.

Security system, tinted windows, window deflectors, supercharger...for playtime. Aftermarket reciever makes the stereo sounf even better.

Mistake
By luvleia

2004 Dodge Stratus Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

After it was one year old, things started going down hill. We're now getting electronic and mechanical work done on it before the "new" warranty runs out, then we plan on trading it in before it's too late. It could just be my car, but there's definetly problems with it and I think a recall needs to be made on the rear barrings, etc. I'm about to bring it to the dealership for the 4th time and they still can't fix the problem. Next time we'll visit Honda or Toyota.

Comfy seats.

Check into any needed recalls regarding the rear driving performance.

Fun to Drive
By curvy roads

2004 Dodge Stratus Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

This is my second Stratus. This time I took all the options. The car is a reliable car, it is comfortable, the sound system is great, and it is so fun to drive with the V6 and the 17" wheels. It is pretty spacious inside, and the trunk space is generous (particularly with the fold down rear seat). It's not a Mercedes or BMW, but it's a good car for the $19K +/- I paid ($26K sticker).

Sunroof, sound system, good visibility.

There is some issue with engine kick when you come to a stop on occassion, really wish they could fix this. Little A/C comes out of side vents.