2004 Dodge Stratus SE Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Dodge Stratus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Stratus model:
Just a few quirks
By stratus04 on 03/23/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Stratus Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

The car has been excellent. The gas mileage has been less than spectacular though. The wheels continually are covered with brake dust. The cup holders are small. I would suggest automatic headlights. Other than those minor things, I have had no complaints with my Stratus in short, day to day trips or long distance trips. I have not had any work necessary other than routine oil changes.

Not your grandpa's Chrysler
By theredbaron on 02/21/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Stratus Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I had a '97 Stratus pretty stripped down right out of college (purchased brand new). The car had decent performance, front wheel drive & all I wanted in a really attractive price & I had a relatively trouble free experience with that car. With 100,000 on that Stratus, I needed to break down and buy a new one. I looked at everything particularly the Altima, Mazda6, Passat, and of course the Stratus. While I really loved the Passat GLX, I really could not be convinced to pay $10K more for the Passat. The Stratus R/T came with a nice engine (though not nearly as powerful as the Altima, but hey, my dragracing days are over), and plenty of features.

Cornering Plus Peppy
By M.G.M.Jr. on 02/14/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Stratus Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

2.4L passes flawlessly! This car is light and nimble, and holds the road while it straightens out curves The Dodge Stratus is roomy, and has good visability. Contols are easy to reach and use. Climate control is exclt! A/C actually cools the car in full sun, and doesn't bogg the car down on hills or hvy accl. sound sys is crisp and clean, plays all cd formats. My Stratus came with 16" Alloy whls, grt stability. I drive 55 miles ea way to work, and the Stratus performs excellent in the MPG dept 34hwy/23cty I drive a bit faster than most. I now have 22,000 miles on it and no Problems what so ever. The Stratus' handles Snow and Ice filled roads Like a Pro

NO Anti-LOCK Brakes????
By Ed job on 01/24/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Stratus Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This car is a nice car but i bought it so my wife would be safe on the road, back to work and home. When the bad weather struck, this is when the car slid off the road and i found out it didnt have anti-lock brakes. the sole reason on getting a new car....more saftey!

dodge stratus
By natcheew on 01/20/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Stratus Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

i bought this car new (68 miles)it drives and handles good.some vibration in steering wheel,car has 11000 miles on it.uses some oil 1/2 quart in 1500 ml.gas milage 22 1/2 mpg,gets about 26 on interstate,cruise works good as all power equipment.the seat gets "Hard"after about 100 miles,on a scale of 0-10 i rate the car at 7.5

QUIET AND COMFORTABLE
By dwhite5123 on 01/15/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Stratus Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

BOUGHT THE ORIGINAL STATUS IN 1985, NOW 8 YEARS LATER IT HAS EVOLVED INTO A VERY STYLISH, QUITE ROOMY VEHICLE. MY WIFE IS THE PRIMARY DRIVER AND SHE LOVES THE STYLE OF THIS 2004 OVER THE 2003, THE CHANGE IN THE FRONT END HAS REALLY MADE A DIFFERENCE, EVEN THOUGH THE CAR IS BASICALLY THE SAME. I WOULD RECOMMEND THE CAR FOR ANY BUYER, NOT ONE JUST IN THIS PRICE RANGE

Good but whiny
By Joe Lewis on 01/14/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Stratus Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

This is the first Dodge I have ever had. I like the looks of the car and it is comfortable for long trips. I have been spoiled by some of the GM features I'm used to so it is hard to get used to not having those features on this car. My only complaints are the whining noise that changes volume and pitch with the reving engine, the vibrating rear view mirror, and the rattling seat belt buckle. Also, the spoiler hits the radio antenna when opening and closing the trunk. While I like the looks and comfort, these complaints will keep me from buying another Dodge product.

the car
By vinnyca1 on 12/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Stratus Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I got the car in late nov 2003 and i love it, but for a big guy it's not the car you want. also the power is not there.

Dodge 2003 Stratus Sedan
By Ed Eberl on 12/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Stratus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Attractive car, but Chrysler still cannot seem to get it together 100% like my Mazda and former Honda. Her is some excamples. Windshield wipers not designed to set down they set up about 2inches on the glass on the passenger side. Rear seat cushions not properly fabric fitted, buldges. Power windows go up to far. Electronic issues, apparently still being developed, like the idle control and automated gear shifts.

Dodge Stratus
By christyc33 on 12/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Stratus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I love my stratus. It has an awesome body style, comfort and drive.