Used 2004 Dodge Stratus Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Dodge Stratus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Stratus model:

Great car for the money
By runninwild

2004 Dodge Stratus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car with only 200 miles on it, i love it. It hits high speeds and handles like you would not believe. The only problem I found was that it stalled but that was fixed buy replacing the sparkplug wires and replacing the plugs with platinum plugs. Also use semi-synthetic oil. Otherwise it works great.

Awsome sound system. Roomy and affordable.Powerfull 0-60 in 8 seconds on a bad day. Lots of fun to own.

Security system, tinted windows, window deflectors, supercharger...for playtime. Aftermarket reciever makes the stereo sounf even better.

Mistake
By luvleia

2004 Dodge Stratus Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

After it was one year old, things started going down hill. We're now getting electronic and mechanical work done on it before the "new" warranty runs out, then we plan on trading it in before it's too late. It could just be my car, but there's definetly problems with it and I think a recall needs to be made on the rear barrings, etc. I'm about to bring it to the dealership for the 4th time and they still can't fix the problem. Next time we'll visit Honda or Toyota.

Comfy seats.

Check into any needed recalls regarding the rear driving performance.

Fun to Drive
By curvy roads

2004 Dodge Stratus Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

This is my second Stratus. This time I took all the options. The car is a reliable car, it is comfortable, the sound system is great, and it is so fun to drive with the V6 and the 17" wheels. It is pretty spacious inside, and the trunk space is generous (particularly with the fold down rear seat). It's not a Mercedes or BMW, but it's a good car for the $19K +/- I paid ($26K sticker).

Sunroof, sound system, good visibility.

There is some issue with engine kick when you come to a stop on occassion, really wish they could fix this. Little A/C comes out of side vents.

2004 Stratus sold for Taurus
By dhermesc

2004 Dodge Stratus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I posted on how well I liked the Stratus last December when I bought it. Times have changed. Transmission failed at 19,880 miles, despite the granny driving habits of my wife. 6 trips to the dealer later (and two car payments with little or no driving) they finally got it running well enough that I could dump it. Traded for a 2004 Taurus SES. This was my first Dodge in 15 years, I think I'll wait another 15 before I try again.

Good power to weight ratio, good handling.

Reliability problems. The 2.7 engine will someday cost DCM billions in a class action suit and the transmission is junk. The "learning function" doesn't work and causes more problems than it could ever be worth.

Good car
By Jo2knight

2004 Dodge Stratus Sedan ES 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I've had this car for approximately for 2 months. This car has been absolutely wonderful. I paid an excellent price for the car. If you look at the inside of the car, you can tell the materials that it's made with are very sturdy and look like they will last a while. The performance of the engine is superb. The car is front wheel drive so you have to be careful to not accelerate too fast and turn at the same time. Overall I'm very happy with the car.

The way car looks, peppyness of car, AC, keyless entry.

If the car came with the Miss America Pagent winner that would be a great improvement.