2004 Dodge Stratus Consumer Reviews 8

2004 Dodge Stratus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Stratus model:
What is wrong with this car?
By towerman78 on 01/14/05 22:00 PM (PST)

2004 Dodge Stratus SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

At first I thought this might be a good car for the price but, then problems. As they say there is never a good deal, you get what you pay for. I have a stalling and acceleration problem that Bartow Dodge and Fort Myers Dodge can't seem to fix. I even have the full warranty extended to 72/72,000 but what good is it if they cant fix the car huh! This is my second Stratus and one Intrepid and I'm done with Dodge...PERIOD.

so far so good........
By lovemystratus03/04 on 01/02/05 20:24 PM (PST)

2004 Dodge Stratus SXT 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

So far so good. I bought my Stratus in March 2004 and I love it. It is fun to drive and has great handling. The V6 engine has a lot of get up and go. It is also pretty good on gas. The interior is spacious and the rear can hold my three kids (2 that are in booster seats) comfortably. The only thing that I would change is the console design and storage. Everything else I love!

Stratus Beats Taurus
By dhermesc on 12/08/04 12:43 PM (PST)

2004 Dodge Stratus SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Started out looking for a 2003 or 2004 Ford Taurus (to replace 99 Taurus as family car). Had not had good experience with Ford dealerships in my area (lousy service, ever wonder where the term "stealership" came from?). Had Impala for company car - only drive it because its free. Test drove the Stratus - quieter then the Taurus, more back seat room for the 2 & 5 year old but just a little narrower. Good power for passing on the two lane roads in my area (especially compared to the Vulcan engine the Taurus). The interior of SE seemed a little plain but good enough to haul (and clean up after) the curtain climbers. Otherwise well equipped with keyless entry, CD and power seat.

More Chrysler Garbage
By GIBill on 11/30/04 18:11 PM (PST)

2004 Dodge Stratus SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I owned this vehicle for less than 6 months before trading it in on an Accord. The only reason I bought it was the cheap price. But like the last Chrysler product I owned this car suffered from underpowered air conditioning (sounds loud, hardly cools the car), a jerky automatic transmission with weird gear ratios, and a ride like the shocks were made of oak. NEVER AGAIN!!!

Fun Car, Great Price
By Silky on 11/10/04 08:34 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Stratus SXT 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Pros: the attractive looks, the power, and the value. I went from a 4 cyl 2001 Accord with lthr seats to this, and it was no step down. These cloth seats are the most comfortable I've ever sat on in a car. This car is a great value with a heck of a lot of giddyup. The downside is the headroom is atrocious & with the curvature of the door/window I smack my head all the time when trying to check my blind spot. Next, the transmission is rough..stalls under hard braking occasionally and shifts very rough, especially down. Last, the gas mileage is terrible. I'm lucky to get 20 mpg on my short daily drives. Overall, though, a great car to drive to its death since resale value stinks.

2001 Stratus RT
By Tig594 on 11/06/04 07:58 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Stratus R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is the best car I've ever owned. It is sporty and fun to drive and feels solid and safe underneath you. It looks good on the road and is comfortable and quite roomy on the inside. My boss got in and asked if it was a Mustang. I've put a ton of miles on it (for work) and it's been very reliable. It has excellent pick-up. I've had no problems with it at all. Get a red one with a sun roof!

ITS THE BOMB !!!!!!!!
By bananarepnj on 10/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Stratus SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

i bought the Stratus 04 in OCTOBER this year, i love the car ever since. it has a lot of rooms on everything that i need, sporty looking, and great gas mileage, its great to drive it in the highway. it wasnt my first choice of vehicle to buy, but as soon as i saw it on the dealer and test drive it, i fell in love with some of the futures.

Good Family Car
By SarahLee15 on 10/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Stratus SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have owned my Stratus for about a year now. It is a nice, reliable, family car, with plenty of space to haul things. It is especially nice when taking long trips. It's comfortable, and has plenty of room. I have never had to worry about it being stolen or broken in to, due to the nice safety features. I love my Stratus, and know that I can always depend on it. I would highly recommend this car to young professionals and families. It is inexpensive, and reliable.

Rock it AND Roll it
By Silencer79 on 10/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Stratus SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I absolutely love my car. I will definitely stick with Dodge...it has left a good flavor. I am only 21 but I know a good ride...and this is it.

2004 Dodge Stratus
By JJAR on 09/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Stratus SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Great car! corfortable, sporty. Roomy on the inside, huge trunk space, lots of features, great speed, good on gas (improves the more you drive it).Handles likes a sports car, good for a family car. Would buy another!!!!