Used 2004 Dodge Stratus Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Dodge Stratus - Consumer Reviews

2004 Dodge Stratus

View reviews for a specific Stratus model:

Excellent Driver
By gesshooo

2004 Dodge Stratus SXT 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This was the first new car that I've purchased in more than 15 years. In every aspect, this car has exceeded any and all of my expectations. Gas mileage is great. 22mpg city/31mpg highway. The interior is very comfortable, and the power is more than adequate, especially for a 4 cylinder. Trunk space is huge and storage is fantastic with the rear seats down. What was really impressive is the audio system. I have a new Corvette with a "Bose" system that doesn't compare to the sound in my Dodge. Everything on this car is original except for the front brakes and 4 tires. Reliability is a 10! Wish they still made a coupe, I would but another one immediately.

Favorite Features

Excellent sound system, smooth ride and ample power. Plenty of cargo room, and excellent styling in and out.

Love this car!
By TomStratRT

2004 Dodge Stratus R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Very fun to drive. Easy to pass on the highway. I got the ATX and it's not bad at all. It's a little sluggish off the line, but makes up for it while accelerating. 3.0 V6 makes a nice rumble with a few mods and a nice muffler. This car gets plenty of looks and I love the Dark Metallic Gray color. Goes really good with gunmetal wheels. I compared to Accord coupe, Tiburon, Monte Carlo SS and other V6 coupes. This one trumped them all. The R/T coupe is also very rare amongst the cookie-cutter cars on the road.

Favorite Features

3.0 V6 (by Mitsubishi), Infinty 7 speaker system. Leather interior, power moonroof, power

Suggested Improvements

Power driver and passenger front seats. More HP (at least 275, w/RWD). Dual exhaust would set the outside off right. Lighter body. Mopar aftermarket support.

Great Car
By tgrbtr

2004 Dodge Stratus R/T 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

I was going to just pass this car by when I was looking, I'm glad I didn't. I needed a car to go back and forth to work in and this car fits that job to a T. It's no rocket but compared to my old '99 Neon it feels like one. I really am glad I found an R/T as there don't seem to be a lot around here. I've added a few things to help out the fun factor (Brembo rotors w/ new pads, K&N filter, Tornado air foil) Can't argue with build quality as it is a Chrysler so I'll forgive some of it, but as a work car or just for running around town it's great!

Favorite Features

2.7 provides decent power. Car looks great when compared to my wife's 2004 Taurus and other '04 sedans, Brakes will absolutely pull your eye balls out with the R/T package. Room for the kids and cargo.

Suggested Improvements

You can keep the 3.0 to yourselves. Another 20 horsepower isn't going to get you much. Put on a real exhaust. The single tip needs to be bigger or have a twin sister. Do something about your transmissions. The whine can get a bit tiresome.

Underpowered version
By Mac

2004 Dodge Stratus SXT 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I like the looks and style of the car but the engine is underpowered without getting great gas mileage. Have had some mechanical issues also. A good car but don't get the SXT underpowered model.

I love my Stratus
By Billie

2004 Dodge Stratus SXT 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Stratus in June of 2005. I bought it used and it has been a wonderful car for me. At first it took a while to get used to, because my previous car was a roomy 4 doors Grand Prix. I love the sporty design.

Favorite Features

The sound system is great. I love the chrome look around the console.

Suggested Improvements

I don't care for the orange dash lights.