Used 2004 Dodge Stratus Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Dodge Stratus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Stratus model:

Don't let bad apples ruin your taste
By kelcan

2004 Dodge Stratus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Stratus in the summer of 2004. It was a fleet vehicle. Which meant to me that it was basically a rental and we all know what people do to rentals. Nevertheless, I got it for a great deal. Although the car is a base model with a few add-ons, it's quickly become one of my favorite places to hang out. I've heard people complain about bad trannies in these cars, and there is some truth to the statment in that Dodge in general has unrealiable trannies, not specific to the Stratus. Furthurmore, if you buy from the dealer, the car comes with a great powertrain warranty. In every car company there are lemons, but my Dodge is a peach.

Its roomy interior. I'm six feet tall and have 2 kids. It gives the space on the inside to be comfortable, but has sporty handling, so I don't feel like I'm driving a boat.

With its styling, I wish it came with a standard tranny and opitional 3.0 in the four doors.

Ho Hum
By Dave

2004 Dodge Stratus Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

Previously owned an '01 RT Coupe. It was a much superior ride. The '04 RT Sedan 5 speed manual is extremely noisy. The transmission sounds like a sewing machine, and even at 70 mph on the highway it is still prevalent. The 2.7 Magnum is efficient, but nothing to excite an enthusiast. This would be a good soccer mom car. Can't wait to be rid of it.

Decent exterior looks with a set of aftermarket rims.

Replace the 2.7 Magnum with the 3.0 liter from the coupe. Mate this with same transmission as well.

My 2004 Stratus
By rob

2004 Dodge Stratus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my car to save on gas, and I really do. It's fun to drive and reliable, So far I am extremely happy the only thing that has failed was the resistor for the blower motor, and it was only $10 at a local salvage yard, and took 10 mins to fix as well.

200 horse v-6

Loved it at first
By Not a happy camper

2004 Dodge Stratus Sedan ES 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

When I bought my car it was great the first three months. Since that time I have had the car in the shop 6 times. The engine has been replaced, the seat belts have been replaced and I am wondering what is going to go wrong with it next! I replaced a 10 year old Chevy with 150,000 miles on it with this Stratus and it has been in the shop more times in the 11 months I have owned it than my Chevy was the entire 10 years I had it. I have written Chrysler and they say it doesn't qualify for the lemon law even though it was in the shop 3 times in 3 months for the same problem. I guess since they replaced the engine they figure that fixes everything. I want to trade again but can't afford to.

Buy back my lemon or let me trade it in without losing $5000 on the value of my car.

Dodge Stratus r/t
By joe

2004 Dodge Stratus Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

Very good performance. Better than expeted gas mileage, (about 26 mph city). Car is admired by young people. Have not had it back to the dealer except for one minor issue. Lots of room in trunk. I like the automatic stick shift.

Nice sunroof. Auto stick shift. Wheels & spoiler.

• SUV