2004 Dodge Stratus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Stratus model:
Why I like my Stratus
By KAL246 on 05/19/05 12:45 PM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Stratus SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

It is better then my old truck. I bought it because my truck was costing me an arm and leg. I am happy with it thus far. I like the way it drives. It's very comfortable and easy to drive. I could get in my car and drive for hours and still be comfortable in it.

Unreliable Dodge Stratus
By Eric on 05/05/05 17:06 PM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Stratus SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I had the Dodge Stratus for 3 wks when the water pump went bad and I was stuck 40 miles from home. Then approx. 11 months later when the car is only 1 yr old the fuel pump went bad and once again I was stranded. The car only had 18,000 miles and twice I had major mechanical defects. These are parts that should last for atleast 60,000- 70,000 miles. I feel the engine quailty on the Dodge Stratus is very poor.

Solid Car
By Weav on 04/15/05 12:39 PM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Stratus R/T 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this RT as soon as the dealer could get it in 2003. I got every possible option except the engine block heater. Other than the significant amount of brake dust (that messes up the nice stock mag wheels) and a weird engine heave every now and then, this car is exceptional. Performance-wise, it's sweet, with plenty of get-up for a non-supercharged V6. Style-wise, everyone loves it...the leather seats are very comfortable and the 8-way power seat makes it a perfect fit for anyone. I'd buy another one in a heartbeat if I hadn't fallen in love with the Chrysler 300 SRT-8...

I love my Stratus!
By A Russo on 04/12/05 08:25 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Stratus SXT 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Stratus in March of 2004. Since that time I have honestly fallen in love with this car. It has been mechanically sound the whole time I've owned it. I love the sporty look of the car, and the gas mileage is great. Haven't regretted my choice for a minute!

The Best
By Lugo on 04/06/05 12:00 PM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Stratus R/T 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

In the past 12 years I have 4 Chevys, 2 Pontiac, 1 Toyota and 2 Nissan cars and this Dodge Straus is the best. I like to drive on the highway Ensenada to Tijuana because it's a great adventure. You can feel the power of the motor, and the great response to the curves. You have total control of the car, practically "glued to the road" and dont hear a noise. Its' a quiet car, off road, the suspension is fantastic!! The fuel economy is very good. The brake system is good. You can stop the car very fast with the 4 disc brake system. The system sound is OK. I love this car!

Me & My Dodge
By plegal_101 on 03/31/05 16:23 PM (PST)

2004 Dodge Stratus SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I was going to write a review weeks after I got my car, but decided that wouldn't be the right thing to do because I hadn't "broken it in" by then. So now I write almost 3 months later and I am SO glad I waited! Car was fine until about a month ago. I started hearing weird things with the brakes and took it in (better safe than sorry) and got the "nothing's wrong, these are brand new brakes" ordeal. That's fine, but why do they squeak like they are old as dirt? I don't like how my seat belt (the little clicker part) is all the way down on the floor and I have to reach in a really ackward way to get to it. The interior is also cheap looking but I needed a car badly!

Nice car
By Andy on 03/24/05 13:34 PM (PST)

2004 Dodge Stratus SXT 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Very nice looking car. Even with the 4cyl car has good power. For a small car is very comfortable on a trip.

Love It So Far ...
By argus on 03/10/05 20:00 PM (PST)

2004 Dodge Stratus R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Bought an auto. Would've likely bought a 5spd had I found one. Transmission shifts just fine though-- I'm impressed and overall extremely happy. Deep Red color is really beautiful--this car gets plenty of looks. It has more power than I need and not so much that I'd get myself in trouble. Good job, Dodge

Quality Car
By Gary85741 on 02/19/05 09:10 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Stratus R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This was my first new car in eighteen years. I researched my desired factors and options on the internet and arrived at a Dodge Stratus. I rather like having a car in which you don't see yourself coming and going on the highway (eg., not half the people are driving one.)

Okay car for the price
By Rob on 01/17/05 23:25 PM (PST)

2004 Dodge Stratus SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this car in Oct ober, 2004 for $12k w/12k miles. I find the sedan fun to drive and comfortable, acceleration adequate with the 6 cylinder. Have already put about 6K miles on car. Kids complain on longer trips that the back seat is 'flat' but I think the impressive crash tests override that. However, I have had problems with clicking and clunking sounds from the brakes and suspension. Dealership mechanics can never find it and I have heard the "'We couldn't hear it" to "it's not a problem" excuses although they have changed the rack and pinion steering. Also had a stalling issue that was corrected by a service bulletin. I feel these inconveniences are the price I pay for the lower sale price.