Used 2004 Dodge Stratus Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Dodge Stratus - Consumer Reviews

2004 Dodge Stratus

View reviews for a specific Stratus model:

blah...
By SusanG

2004 Dodge Stratus SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I got my Stratus as a graduation/wedding gift from my parents, and it was great for 3 years. Then, this year, I've spent more than $2000 in repairs, including transmission work. The brakes were replaced three months ago, and they're already showing moderate wear even with a gentle touch. The bleeder hose on the coolant system just "wore out" and my car overheated. I'm considering dumping the car before it costs more money.

Favorite Features

Good acceleration, especially on California freeways.

Suggested Improvements

Too many issues with "design flaw." Brakes go bad too fast and parts break too early in the cars' life.

I Loved my STRATUS!
By emille772

2004 Dodge Stratus SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

My '04 stratus was my baby. I bought her from a dealer that was a close family friend as my first real car. My stratus held up amazingly well! I really enjoyed driving it, and all of the room in the car and trunk area! I thought it got really good gas mileage usually 22/25, however when driving on the turnpike I got 32 mpg! I only had a few problems with it. One being that at around 100,000 miles I had to replace the transmission pan and my transmission fluid would leak. My car also stalled out on me once. I was in an accident and hit by a drink driver on the drivers side. I have to say this car held up wonderfully! I wasn't hurt, however my car was totaled!

Favorite Features

It was very easy and fun to drive! I love that is had both a CD and tape player! I love that it held pretty much together during my accident.

Suggested Improvements

The transmission, and back seats they were a little uncomfortable to sit in!

my first dodge
By miguel

2004 Dodge Stratus SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Very quiet, with new rotor-and brakes, I know I am good for the next 40,000 miles, next challenge what about oil, will burn more?

Shabby
By Shabby

2004 Dodge Stratus SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car from a 'friend' and in a few months I had transmission problems. also idles rather loud. This car is about 4 years old; it should not be having these problems. A few more repairs and my bill was over $1,200. So I won't be buying another dodge stratus anytime soon.

Favorite Features

Car was comfortable, and it was a smooth ride.

Suggested Improvements

Work on engine integrity. Under the hood is not pretty.

Repairs
By Veronica

2004 Dodge Stratus SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this as first family car. A few months after purchase the car would just stall while driving. It will do this every few months and no reason has been found why. The car was 3 years old when it needed a new starter. A few months later the brakes just stopped working. It seems that after the car was 3 years old, every few months it has needed repairs. For a car that we have always kept up with routine maintenance should be more reliable. Getting ready to trade in and not buy another dodge product.

Favorite Features

spacious

Suggested Improvements

Build a care that will be reliable