2004 Dodge Stratus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Stratus model:
Best Coupe 4 the money
By Sal's Dodge on 05/12/08 07:50 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Stratus SXT 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car new. Great fuel economy:32HWY, 24CITY. Still has original battery and rear brakes. This car is fully equipped with sunroof, power drivers seat, great CD player and all other expected options. I'm getting ready to buy a new coupe, but haven't found any car that could compare to this Stratus in ANY price range, Only draw back is not 4 wheel disc brakes. Still the best bargain for under $18000 (out the door). If dodge can come up with a new FWD coupe, I'm a buyer. No need to shop around. What a WINNER !!

Mopar's pre-Challenger performance coupe
By Huether on 04/25/08 10:41 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Stratus R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

FAST! Keeping my Stratus R/T stock for 4 years, this thing has been a rocket. My Indy Red R/T has seen top speeds of 135, and great braking and handling characteristics. It's an aerodynamic shape, with a great coupe design. It's interior needs more pizazz in its design, but still useful, and spacious. I have 55,000 miles on it now, and plan to drive it until I reach 100,000! Go Mopar!

Best car ever
By samantha on 04/11/08 14:49 PM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Stratus SXT 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I got my stratus as a graduation gift. It was my very first car and I loved it. A great choice I must say. I have never had any problems with this car except for people staring as I drive by! It is amazing on gas, great to drive and looks awesome. I have had it for 2 years and still love it. I'm going to upgrade to an 05 or 06 model of the same vehicle because I love it so much.

Ok but I wouldn't write home about it
By ironman2008 on 04/04/08 07:53 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Stratus ES 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

She is a good road car, I am a person who likes to travel and she does very well with highway driving. But now as she gets older when you step on the gas it's like she is going faster than it really is. And the pedals always have been low. You will think you need new brakes when you really don't.

Love the look and feel of this car
By sharon on 03/17/08 10:01 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Stratus R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

The take off response is awesome, holds the road wonderfully. This is the only car that I've ever bought that is actually worth more than what my loan value is!

Excellent Driver
By gesshooo on 10/30/07 06:03 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Stratus SXT 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This was the first new car that I've purchased in more than 15 years. In every aspect, this car has exceeded any and all of my expectations. Gas mileage is great. 22mpg city/31mpg highway. The interior is very comfortable, and the power is more than adequate, especially for a 4 cylinder. Trunk space is huge and storage is fantastic with the rear seats down. What was really impressive is the audio system. I have a new Corvette with a "Bose" system that doesn't compare to the sound in my Dodge. Everything on this car is original except for the front brakes and 4 tires. Reliability is a 10! Wish they still made a coupe, I would but another one immediately.

Love this car!
By TomStratRT on 05/20/07 06:27 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Stratus R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Very fun to drive. Easy to pass on the highway. I got the ATX and it's not bad at all. It's a little sluggish off the line, but makes up for it while accelerating. 3.0 V6 makes a nice rumble with a few mods and a nice muffler. This car gets plenty of looks and I love the Dark Metallic Gray color. Goes really good with gunmetal wheels. I compared to Accord coupe, Tiburon, Monte Carlo SS and other V6 coupes. This one trumped them all. The R/T coupe is also very rare amongst the cookie-cutter cars on the road.

Great Car
By tgrbtr on 04/12/07 10:18 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Stratus R/T 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

I was going to just pass this car by when I was looking, I'm glad I didn't. I needed a car to go back and forth to work in and this car fits that job to a T. It's no rocket but compared to my old '99 Neon it feels like one. I really am glad I found an R/T as there don't seem to be a lot around here. I've added a few things to help out the fun factor (Brembo rotors w/ new pads, K&N filter, Tornado air foil) Can't argue with build quality as it is a Chrysler so I'll forgive some of it, but as a work car or just for running around town it's great!

Underpowered version
By Mac on 03/28/07 11:43 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Stratus SXT 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I like the looks and style of the car but the engine is underpowered without getting great gas mileage. Have had some mechanical issues also. A good car but don't get the SXT underpowered model.

I love my Stratus
By Billie on 02/11/07 18:35 PM (PST)

2004 Dodge Stratus SXT 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Stratus in June of 2005. I bought it used and it has been a wonderful car for me. At first it took a while to get used to, because my previous car was a roomy 4 doors Grand Prix. I love the sporty design.