Used 2004 Dodge Stratus Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Dodge Stratus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Stratus model:

Good.. For the most part.
By ZachJ

2004 Dodge Stratus SXT 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

My strat was my first car. I got it a few months ago. I've only put about three thousand miles on it and I have to say I love it. I wasn't planning on buying a Stratus to begin with. But it was there, in my price range, looked nice, so I sat in it. Sold. Loved the inside. I took it for a test drive and fell in love with it for a second time. There are a couple flaws, but all cars have some.

Interior and exterior looks. The comfort. Handles nicely. Love the sound system. TONS of space in the trunk. And in the car its self.

Lacking some power. Well, a lot of power. The breaking system is trash.. Doesn't squeek all the time but when it does, it's loud. So loud I'm embarrassed when it happens. Other than the power, and breaking system, it's a great reliable car.

Decent car, decent price...
By kaoticsundae

2004 Dodge Stratus SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

All in all, I cannot complain too much. I traded in a '99 Pontiac Grand Prix with 182,000 miles for this '04 Dodge Stratus with 74,000 miles. I have an incredibly long commute to and from work and I figured the MPG difference would pay for itself. I was wrong. The MPG's for the two cars during my ownership have been almost identical. Plus, I am a very tall man and have a wife and two kids to haul around and it is a tight squeeze for us all after a grocery store trip. The front floorboards are very spacious but the back are lacking. The handbrake is too far away for a driver that has to put the seat back a bit. I do like the 4 cupholders. Biggest complaint: the car shifts VERY ROUGHLY!!!!!!!!

4 cupholders, presence of a handbrake, instrument panel layout and when illuminated, keyless entry, and fascia of vehicle.

smoother shifting, better MPG's(I know its possible, this is a 4 cyl. after all!), little more roomy in the back, move handbrake to opposite side of shift knob.

The Car I Will Die With
By secretwind0w

2004 Dodge Stratus SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my Stratus because it looked like a miniature Intrepid, only cheaper. Took my first road trip in it, now i take one every 6 wks. Big trunk to put a big speaker box. I fit a lotta people in such a little car. Put a Flowmaster on it: sounds mean now. Cold-air intake makes a delightful sucking noise. Great gas mileage. Drop down backseat so you can haul 10ft pieces of wood. Never left me anywhere. Just had 4 flats, needed new car stereo, a recall on a radiator hose, and one replaced battery. Man I love this car. Great cupholders. You can fit two Sonic Route 44 drinks in em. Takes me to work and school, its like driving a little growling cloud.

Cup holders, Drop down backseat, bucket seats. Big dash to fit a large pizza box

Carbon fiber or brushed aluminum interior please.

Nice car for the money
By Captain Jim

2004 Dodge Stratus SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I have 44,000 bought it from a rental company after a year with 26,000 miles on it. I have now had it 4 years and it has only been in the shop for regular service and one additional time for front brakes about 80 dollars. I got it for a good price and it has been perfectly reliable so far. I have the extended warranty but have never had to use it so far. I had a 30,000 plus Nissan Z and it was more fun to drive but way more expensive to maintain it was always in the shop.

Gas Mileage, nice ride, nice car for the money.

Build them all as good as mine you will be fine.

No wonder Chrysler went bankrupt.
By tavella

2004 Dodge Stratus SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

From the first day I had the car it jumped forward at a deadstop almost rearending people. PCM and TCM reprogrammed six times. Now Speedometer is off. Had a caliper bolt fall out while going 70mph on a highway. Caliper came free, locked the front passenger rim. Cheap plastic parts inside car CONTINUE to break, cheap plastic cooling housing separated and started leaking, various codes kick for no reason. A/C lines clogged and flooding passenger side. Stay away from this peice of junk.

After I added the Auto-Stick and spoiler, the car was decent.

PLASTIC PARTS THAT DON'T BREAK! My door panels, dash, radio/air bezel, trim peices, et. CHEAP THIN PLASTIC!