Used 2004 Dodge Stratus Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Dodge Stratus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Stratus model:

Did like it, now HATE it
By Bear

2004 Dodge Stratus Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

When we first bought the car it was wonderful. I loved it but the mileage absolutely stinks. There is no way I get even 20 mpg with this thing. I drive 37 miles one way and have to fill up at least twice a week. Then the transmission went out, and within 3 months the timing belt broke. Now I only have my A/C working when it is on 3 or 4, but nothing on 1 or 2. And to top that off the car makes lots of noise when stopping or starting. Sounds like the whole car is about to come off it's frame. My opinion, I would never get another Dodge Stratus again.

Use to be a smooth ride, and loved it. I think the only thing I like about it right now is when it is in the garage and not running it is perfect.

Need to get the mpg up lots more. I don't even get 15 mpg with my car and I use the requested additives and the appropriate gas. This car actually needs lots of improvements.

Not bad, but explore the alternatives
By kevinap2

2004 Dodge Stratus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

This is no doubt a fun car to drive, especially for a family sedan. However, I've had to do a lot of work to it. New trans (I bought it at 53k, it now has 79k), new head gasket, new water pump, brake switch, all 4 power window regulators, an alternator, a weather strip on the top side of the windshield that came loose and flopped around, the blower motor resistor, and an intermittent rough idle that 3 new sets of plugs and two new sets of wires never fixed and is apparently unexplainable. I also have a control arm making noise right now. That said, I do enjoy driving this car... just not the frequent trips to the shop.

Driving dynamics, interior ergonomics. You WILL fall in love with the way it drives,

More durable parts. With cars like this, there's no doubt why Chrysler is where it is right now.

Worst car ever!
By sara singh

2004 Dodge Stratus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I have had this car for only 7 months and it has all kinds of issues, the suspension is bad, transmission, I had to replace the axles, sway bar, tie rods,bearings, had a transmission leak, break lights,etc. the list goes on and on, it has 177,000 miles on it and it has noises everywhere! I will never get a car like that again

still cant find any

everything in it, MAKE better cars

2004 Dodge Stratus
By No More Chryslers

2004 Dodge Stratus Sedan ES 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Vehicle has constant over heating problem It cant be corrected for long even by the dealership(s) that it has been taken to. Constantly gets air bound and then the heater blows cold air. vehicle shuts off on it's own without warning and techs reflash computer but it doesn't correct problem.Vehicle is going in for another front end alignment after a few thousand miles. Vehicle cannot be aligned as there are no possible adjustments (per the tech) without installing a front end alignment kit at a cost of 600 dollars. This was done by a certified Chrysler tech and as I stated it going in again for an alignment. Vehicle has 36,000 miles and wouldn't think you would run into these problems.

None except good mileage when the vehicle is running

Could Chrysler fix the problems. It can't be that difficult. First Chrysler and last. I'll stick to G.M. as I have always done in the past

Good.. For the most part.
By ZachJ

2004 Dodge Stratus Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

My strat was my first car. I got it a few months ago. I've only put about three thousand miles on it and I have to say I love it. I wasn't planning on buying a Stratus to begin with. But it was there, in my price range, looked nice, so I sat in it. Sold. Loved the inside. I took it for a test drive and fell in love with it for a second time. There are a couple flaws, but all cars have some.

Interior and exterior looks. The comfort. Handles nicely. Love the sound system. TONS of space in the trunk. And in the car its self.

Lacking some power. Well, a lot of power. The breaking system is trash.. Doesn't squeek all the time but when it does, it's loud. So loud I'm embarrassed when it happens. Other than the power, and breaking system, it's a great reliable car.