Used 2004 Dodge Stratus Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Dodge Stratus Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Stratus model:

Great Car, what's with the paint?
By Erica02

2004 Dodge Stratus Coupe SXT 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have had my car for two years and love it! But I have had the roof painted and now and going to have to have the hood painted. The paint is just fading right off my pretty black car!

Lots of feet room in the front, sound system, and the look

PLEASE us better paint! a 2004 should not need a new paint job already!

Love my Dodge Stratus Coupe!
By Nicole

2004 Dodge Stratus Coupe SXT 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my Dodge Stratus Coupe brand spanking new! It was one of the best decisions I've made! Those who have had problems with theirs are probably driving it like its a four wheeler. Mine always gets regular oil changes & etc. I heard after 60,000 miles the transmission goes out...uh NO, NOT TRUE AT ALL. You should keep an eye on it after that amount of miles but as long as you TAKE CARE OF YOUR CAR like you should you shouldn't have any problems! I have 106,000 miles on mine and its still running great!As far as the appearance some paint damage from too much sun exposure.

Rides as smooth as it did brand new now with 106,000 miles on it. Factory speakers have awesome bass!Very easy to maneuver. Large trunk and so much more.

Best Coupe 4 the money
By Sal's Dodge

2004 Dodge Stratus Coupe SXT 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car new. Great fuel economy:32HWY, 24CITY. Still has original battery and rear brakes. This car is fully equipped with sunroof, power drivers seat, great CD player and all other expected options. I'm getting ready to buy a new coupe, but haven't found any car that could compare to this Stratus in ANY price range, Only draw back is not 4 wheel disc brakes. Still the best bargain for under $18000 (out the door). If dodge can come up with a new FWD coupe, I'm a buyer. No need to shop around. What a WINNER !!

Great performance and fuel economy. Many luxury features found on coupes costing much more.

Would have liked 4 wheel anti-lock disc brakes.

Mopar's pre-Challenger performance coupe
By Huether

2004 Dodge Stratus Coupe R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

FAST! Keeping my Stratus R/T stock for 4 years, this thing has been a rocket. My Indy Red R/T has seen top speeds of 135, and great braking and handling characteristics. It's an aerodynamic shape, with a great coupe design. It's interior needs more pizazz in its design, but still useful, and spacious. I have 55,000 miles on it now, and plan to drive it until I reach 100,000! Go Mopar!

3.0L V6 Front fascia Rear spoiler 5-spoke alloys White gauges Quick gear ratios Superb sport suspension

Wind noise (depends on tires, windows) Quality of some interior plastics (not many, but it would be nice to have more chrome accented features.)

Best car ever
By samantha

2004 Dodge Stratus Coupe SXT 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I got my stratus as a graduation gift. It was my very first car and I loved it. A great choice I must say. I have never had any problems with this car except for people staring as I drive by! It is amazing on gas, great to drive and looks awesome. I have had it for 2 years and still love it. I'm going to upgrade to an 05 or 06 model of the same vehicle because I love it so much.

Easy to drive, comfortable, great stereo system, looks tough, fast, handles well. lets say EVERYTHING.

Dont change a thing!