2004 Dodge Stratus Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Stratus model:
Excellent Driver
By gesshooo on 10/30/07 06:03 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Stratus Coupe SXT 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This was the first new car that I've purchased in more than 15 years. In every aspect, this car has exceeded any and all of my expectations. Gas mileage is great. 22mpg city/31mpg highway. The interior is very comfortable, and the power is more than adequate, especially for a 4 cylinder. Trunk space is huge and storage is fantastic with the rear seats down. What was really impressive is the audio system. I have a new Corvette with a "Bose" system that doesn't compare to the sound in my Dodge. Everything on this car is original except for the front brakes and 4 tires. Reliability is a 10! Wish they still made a coupe, I would but another one immediately.

Love this car!
By TomStratRT on 05/20/07 06:27 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Stratus Coupe R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Very fun to drive. Easy to pass on the highway. I got the ATX and it's not bad at all. It's a little sluggish off the line, but makes up for it while accelerating. 3.0 V6 makes a nice rumble with a few mods and a nice muffler. This car gets plenty of looks and I love the Dark Metallic Gray color. Goes really good with gunmetal wheels. I compared to Accord coupe, Tiburon, Monte Carlo SS and other V6 coupes. This one trumped them all. The R/T coupe is also very rare amongst the cookie-cutter cars on the road.

Underpowered version
By Mac on 03/28/07 11:43 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Stratus Coupe SXT 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I like the looks and style of the car but the engine is underpowered without getting great gas mileage. Have had some mechanical issues also. A good car but don't get the SXT underpowered model.

I love my Stratus
By Billie on 02/11/07 18:35 PM (PST)

2004 Dodge Stratus Coupe SXT 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Stratus in June of 2005. I bought it used and it has been a wonderful car for me. At first it took a while to get used to, because my previous car was a roomy 4 doors Grand Prix. I love the sporty design.

Don't buy
By Skidawg79 on 02/07/07 17:46 PM (PST)

2004 Dodge Stratus Coupe SXT 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Upon hitting 40,000 miles my Stratus has been breaking down approximately every 3 months. In the past 20,000 this is a list of things that have happened. A car slammed its brakes in front of me, I went to hit mine..didnt have any! My master cylinder broke and needed replaced. Then about 3 months later my compressor went and I didn't have any air conditioning while I was stuck in traffic on a 90 degree day. Also my water pump went, I've had the valve gaskets replaced twice, upper and lower radiator hoses and the thermostat, also my clutch needed replaced due to a manafacturing defect. Only good I can say is that it's good on gas. I will never buy another Chrysler product again!

Awesome Car
By Eddie on 07/23/06 02:23 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Stratus Coupe SXT 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I am very impressed. The coupe has such a more sporty feel and kick to it. i finally feel like I have a car I enjoy driving, and look forward to being "The driver". With tints and the great silver paint job this car just gleams at night.

Fantastic Car
By Impressed on 03/28/06 10:39 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Stratus Coupe SXT 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is the 2nd Stratus SXT Coupe I've owned. Both trouble free, an excellent car in every respect. Fun to drive, dependable, economical and stylish. The 4 cylinder motor has adequate power and I've averged 25 mpg in the 2004 with an automatic trans. The 2001 I owned was a stick shift and consistently got over 30 mpg. The 2001 had 90K miles on it when I sold it and never gave me any problems. The 2004 has been equally as impressive. Great sound system, comfortable seating. A terrific value!

Own it, but don't care for it
By car on 01/04/06 17:32 PM (PST)

2004 Dodge Stratus Coupe SXT 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The Dodge Stratus is a nice car, but when it comes to it being the all around vehicle I wouldn't own another one. And trust me it's no fun climbing out of your own vehicle anymore. I should have bought a truck.

Gotta go with the R/T
By Tony K on 12/15/05 13:37 PM (PST)

2004 Dodge Stratus Coupe R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I've had my Stratus R/T now for 6 months. Plenty of horsepower and still get 30 mpg on the highway. I got mine fully loaded w/ auto-stick, moonroof, leather, infinity sound, chrome wheels. I get a lot of nice car compliments. Dodge did a great job with this car.

Awesome looks
By mike on 07/03/05 01:20 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Stratus Coupe SXT 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I previously drove a 2003 Honda Accord coupe with a 4 cylinder. While the Dodge's acceleration is not quite as good as the Honda's, its handling is far superior, and it has a lot less body roll. The tires are too eager to squeal on the Accord on turns. The interior of the Accord is nicer, but the Dodge looks a lot better on the outside. For as long as I have had this car, nothing has gone wrong. This car is an overall good buy and very sporty, if that's what your looking for.