Used 2004 Dodge Stratus Consumer Reviews - 157 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Dodge Stratus - Consumer Reviews

2004 Dodge Stratus

View reviews for a specific Stratus model:

I will miss this car!
By bgoodrich

2004 Dodge Stratus R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I owned this car for 7 years and put 165,000 miles on it. I never had a mechanical problem with it ever. It was fast enough, but what I liked the most was the handling. I never thought there was a curve I couldn't take without minimal braking. This car alo had exceptional top-end passing ability. If you ever neede to go from 70-80 mph quickly, you could depend on the Stratus R/T to do it. I got a lot of compliments on the car's appearance and it was nice to be the only person I know to have one. I can't believe they didn't sell more of these. I really can't put into words how much I enjoyed this car. I will miss her greatly.

Handling, top-end acceleration, Styling

Seats could get uncomfortable during long drives of more than 2 hours. I also would've liked to have seen more side bolstering in the bucket seats also.

I loved my Stratus
By texan65

2004 Dodge Stratus SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I just traded in my 2004 Stratus after 7 years and 130,000 miles.
I never had any major mechanical failure, just regular maintenance.
It was a very reliable car.
It was hands-down the best car I've ever had.
I only traded it in because my family just needed something a little bigger.

When I bought it, I was a single mom with a 5 year old. It was the perfect size for us. I'm a little on the short side, and I had a better view in this car than most.

Eight years and still glad I bought it!
By 04stratusrt

2004 Dodge Stratus R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Bought a 2004 Stratus R/T coupe brand new and have not regretted it.
The V6 provides plenty of power and I get 28 to 30 mpg on the highway!
Great looking car with zero mechanical issues.

Styling, V6 engine, gas mileage and Infinity stereo

Love My Stratus
By davinshi

2004 Dodge Stratus SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this car used with less than 70,000 miles on it. It has TONS of power, hugs the curves, and rides smooth. I might say it has too much power-I'm always having to slow it down on the freeway, because it's up to 80mph and over without even feeling like it. Looks sporty and gets alot of compliments. It does make a bit of a whining noise on hills, but there's no decrease in power at all.
My only issue with it is the cab forward design makes stop lights hard to see sometimes-I have to lean forward. But a small inconvenience compared to how amazing this car drives and handles. And I got my first speeding ticket in it!

Lots of power, handles great, holds the road well, even in bad driving conditions.

Cup holders are a bit awkward to use, especially with tall containers.

Well it started off being a nice car....
By whodoctork9

2004 Dodge Stratus SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Bought the car and didn't have any trouble the first year, second year the computer was replaced and alternator and battery. Then the battery was replaced again. The car kept running the battery down so I took the alternator to a parts store to be checked, it came out ok - 4 times checked. They said the computer does the regulating for the alternator so I will have to get the computer checked AGAIN. If anyone has any ideas, please submit to me. I have checked the car with a diagnostic computer and its returning no errors. Battery light stays on when cranked.

Fast car, decent acceleration. Good handling.

Go back to the old way of charging a vehicle cuz this stinks. Gas mileage should be higher, I only get 25 mpg and I have a 1995 Chevy S-10 that gets almost 30 mpg.