2004 Dodge Stratus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Stratus model:
QUIET AND COMFORTABLE
By dwhite5123 on 01/15/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Stratus SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

BOUGHT THE ORIGINAL STATUS IN 1985, NOW 8 YEARS LATER IT HAS EVOLVED INTO A VERY STYLISH, QUITE ROOMY VEHICLE. MY WIFE IS THE PRIMARY DRIVER AND SHE LOVES THE STYLE OF THIS 2004 OVER THE 2003, THE CHANGE IN THE FRONT END HAS REALLY MADE A DIFFERENCE, EVEN THOUGH THE CAR IS BASICALLY THE SAME. I WOULD RECOMMEND THE CAR FOR ANY BUYER, NOT ONE JUST IN THIS PRICE RANGE

Good but whiny
By Joe Lewis on 01/14/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Stratus R/T 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

This is the first Dodge I have ever had. I like the looks of the car and it is comfortable for long trips. I have been spoiled by some of the GM features I'm used to so it is hard to get used to not having those features on this car. My only complaints are the whining noise that changes volume and pitch with the reving engine, the vibrating rear view mirror, and the rattling seat belt buckle. Also, the spoiler hits the radio antenna when opening and closing the trunk. While I like the looks and comfort, these complaints will keep me from buying another Dodge product.

I like it!
By Csadie8 on 01/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Stratus SXT 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I really like my new '04 Stratus SXT Coupe. It's fun to drive and has pretty good fuel economy compared to other models that are similar. I really like the chrome accents...I just want more of the nice exterior on the interior. It's nice but not great. I'm waiting for more customization products to come out for this one... Such as accents for the interior.

the car
By vinnyca1 on 12/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Stratus SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I got the car in late nov 2003 and i love it, but for a big guy it's not the car you want. also the power is not there.

Dodge 2003 Stratus Sedan
By Ed Eberl on 12/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Stratus SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Attractive car, but Chrysler still cannot seem to get it together 100% like my Mazda and former Honda. Her is some excamples. Windshield wipers not designed to set down they set up about 2inches on the glass on the passenger side. Rear seat cushions not properly fabric fitted, buldges. Power windows go up to far. Electronic issues, apparently still being developed, like the idle control and automated gear shifts.

Dodge Stratus
By christyc33 on 12/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Stratus SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I love my stratus. It has an awesome body style, comfort and drive.

TRANSMISSION WOES
By puella on 12/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Stratus SXT 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

my stratus has an automatic transmission...has a HARD downshift :( dodge says that the computer will learn my driving habits and the hard downshift will disappear by 6000 miles...hmmm the dealership service shop personnel drove all the strati on the lot and they all have the same problem...

Don't buy one
By cdc2272 on 12/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Stratus SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have had my Dodge Stratus in the shop more times than I had my old beater in the shop. The heat has broken, my radio went out, the speaker wires were messed up, and now my brake light keeps coming on. This car is more of a hassel than it is worth. If anyone asked me before they purchased one, I would try and talk them out if it. And to top it off Chrysler Financial is a bear to deal with. I will never, ever purchase or lease a Dodge again! And refuse to ever deal with Chrysler financial in future endeavors.

By CRACKEReater on 12/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Stratus SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

thank you to the dodge people for making such a fine vehicle. i have had my dodge stratus sxt sedan for about 4 months and have received nothing but compliments from everyone from friends and family to complete strangers. and i always have fun driving it.

great car for the money
By yaacko2 on 12/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Stratus SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

this is my first time buying a dodge and so far im very impressed.i traded in my 2001 nissan altima gxe and i must say that this car is much more spacious ,and much more fun to drive.ive gone a tad over 100 miles and i figured id check the fuel effiency and it tok but 3 gallons to fill back up as where my altima would be on 1/2 tank by this time.fit and finsh not up to standards of camry or accord but its also thousands of dollars less expensive.have to wait and see on the reliability but everyone ive talked to whos had one didnt complain .peppy lil 4 banger does fine pulling my 6ft5 300 lb self around with no complaints and i live in a hilly area.