Used 2004 Dodge Stratus Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Dodge Stratus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Stratus model:

Good car
By Jo2knight

2004 Dodge Stratus ES 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I've had this car for approximately for 2 months. This car has been absolutely wonderful. I paid an excellent price for the car. If you look at the inside of the car, you can tell the materials that it's made with are very sturdy and look like they will last a while. The performance of the engine is superb. The car is front wheel drive so you have to be careful to not accelerate too fast and turn at the same time. Overall I'm very happy with the car.

The way car looks, peppyness of car, AC, keyless entry.

If the car came with the Miss America Pagent winner that would be a great improvement.

Why I like my Stratus
By KAL246

2004 Dodge Stratus SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

It is better then my old truck. I bought it because my truck was costing me an arm and leg. I am happy with it thus far. I like the way it drives. It's very comfortable and easy to drive. I could get in my car and drive for hours and still be comfortable in it.

I love the color, and the speedometer.

Make the armrest more useable for short people. I have to have the seat closer to the wheel and it is sometimes uncomfortable for me to use the armrst because it is too far back.

Unreliable Dodge Stratus
By Eric

2004 Dodge Stratus SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I had the Dodge Stratus for 3 wks when the water pump went bad and I was stuck 40 miles from home. Then approx. 11 months later when the car is only 1 yr old the fuel pump went bad and once again I was stranded. The car only had 18,000 miles and twice I had major mechanical defects. These are parts that should last for atleast 60,000- 70,000 miles. I feel the engine quailty on the Dodge Stratus is very poor.

They should build the engine to last so they can compete with the much more reliable foreign cars.

Solid Car
By Weav

2004 Dodge Stratus R/T 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this RT as soon as the dealer could get it in 2003. I got every possible option except the engine block heater. Other than the significant amount of brake dust (that messes up the nice stock mag wheels) and a weird engine heave every now and then, this car is exceptional. Performance-wise, it's sweet, with plenty of get-up for a non-supercharged V6. Style-wise, everyone loves it...the leather seats are very comfortable and the 8-way power seat makes it a perfect fit for anyone. I'd buy another one in a heartbeat if I hadn't fallen in love with the Chrysler 300 SRT-8...

Leather, handling, sound system (best factory sound for the money), trunk space.

Use higher-quality brakes with less dust or use a shield. Put a supercharger on it.

I love my Stratus!
By A Russo

2004 Dodge Stratus SXT 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Stratus in March of 2004. Since that time I have honestly fallen in love with this car. It has been mechanically sound the whole time I've owned it. I love the sporty look of the car, and the gas mileage is great. Haven't regretted my choice for a minute!

The exterior style, chrome accents inside, dependabilty, and gas mileage.

Turn radius