Used 2004 Dodge Stratus Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Dodge Stratus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Stratus model:

Own it, but don't care for it
By car

2004 Dodge Stratus SXT 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The Dodge Stratus is a nice car, but when it comes to it being the all around vehicle I wouldn't own another one. And trust me it's no fun climbing out of your own vehicle anymore. I should have bought a truck.

The body is the only favorite part of the car that I really like. The wheels need to be a little more fancy on a coupe.

Build a better car that lasts when it come to tires, struts, rotors and brakes. The 4 cylinder has a poor design

Great car for the money
By runninwild

2004 Dodge Stratus SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car with only 200 miles on it, i love it. It hits high speeds and handles like you would not believe. The only problem I found was that it stalled but that was fixed buy replacing the sparkplug wires and replacing the plugs with platinum plugs. Also use semi-synthetic oil. Otherwise it works great.

Awsome sound system. Roomy and affordable.Powerfull 0-60 in 8 seconds on a bad day. Lots of fun to own.

Security system, tinted windows, window deflectors, supercharger...for playtime. Aftermarket reciever makes the stereo sounf even better.

Mistake
By luvleia

2004 Dodge Stratus SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

After it was one year old, things started going down hill. We're now getting electronic and mechanical work done on it before the "new" warranty runs out, then we plan on trading it in before it's too late. It could just be my car, but there's definetly problems with it and I think a recall needs to be made on the rear barrings, etc. I'm about to bring it to the dealership for the 4th time and they still can't fix the problem. Next time we'll visit Honda or Toyota.

Comfy seats.

Check into any needed recalls regarding the rear driving performance.

Gotta go with the R/T
By Tony K

2004 Dodge Stratus R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I've had my Stratus R/T now for 6 months. Plenty of horsepower and still get 30 mpg on the highway. I got mine fully loaded w/ auto-stick, moonroof, leather, infinity sound, chrome wheels. I get a lot of nice car compliments. Dodge did a great job with this car.

Auto-stick, Infinity sound system, 200 hp, huge trunk.

Backseat is tight for 2 adults. Fog lights should turn on with main headlights, no need for a seperate button.

Fun to Drive
By curvy roads

2004 Dodge Stratus R/T 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

This is my second Stratus. This time I took all the options. The car is a reliable car, it is comfortable, the sound system is great, and it is so fun to drive with the V6 and the 17" wheels. It is pretty spacious inside, and the trunk space is generous (particularly with the fold down rear seat). It's not a Mercedes or BMW, but it's a good car for the $19K +/- I paid ($26K sticker).

Sunroof, sound system, good visibility.

There is some issue with engine kick when you come to a stop on occassion, really wish they could fix this. Little A/C comes out of side vents.

• SUV