Used 2004 Dodge Stratus Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Dodge Stratus - Consumer Reviews

2004 Dodge Stratus

View reviews for a specific Stratus model:

Gotta go with the R/T
By Tony K

2004 Dodge Stratus R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I've had my Stratus R/T now for 6 months. Plenty of horsepower and still get 30 mpg on the highway. I got mine fully loaded w/ auto-stick, moonroof, leather, infinity sound, chrome wheels. I get a lot of nice car compliments. Dodge did a great job with this car.

Favorite Features

Auto-stick, Infinity sound system, 200 hp, huge trunk.

Suggested Improvements

Backseat is tight for 2 adults. Fog lights should turn on with main headlights, no need for a seperate button.

Fun to Drive
By curvy roads

2004 Dodge Stratus R/T 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

This is my second Stratus. This time I took all the options. The car is a reliable car, it is comfortable, the sound system is great, and it is so fun to drive with the V6 and the 17" wheels. It is pretty spacious inside, and the trunk space is generous (particularly with the fold down rear seat). It's not a Mercedes or BMW, but it's a good car for the $19K +/- I paid ($26K sticker).

Favorite Features

Sunroof, sound system, good visibility.

Suggested Improvements

There is some issue with engine kick when you come to a stop on occassion, really wish they could fix this. Little A/C comes out of side vents.

2004 Stratus sold for Taurus
By dhermesc

2004 Dodge Stratus SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I posted on how well I liked the Stratus last December when I bought it. Times have changed. Transmission failed at 19,880 miles, despite the granny driving habits of my wife. 6 trips to the dealer later (and two car payments with little or no driving) they finally got it running well enough that I could dump it. Traded for a 2004 Taurus SES. This was my first Dodge in 15 years, I think I'll wait another 15 before I try again.

Favorite Features

Good power to weight ratio, good handling.

Suggested Improvements

Reliability problems. The 2.7 engine will someday cost DCM billions in a class action suit and the transmission is junk. The "learning function" doesn't work and causes more problems than it could ever be worth.

Awesome looks
By mike

2004 Dodge Stratus SXT 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I previously drove a 2003 Honda Accord coupe with a 4 cylinder. While the Dodge's acceleration is not quite as good as the Honda's, its handling is far superior, and it has a lot less body roll. The tires are too eager to squeal on the Accord on turns. The interior of the Accord is nicer, but the Dodge looks a lot better on the outside. For as long as I have had this car, nothing has gone wrong. This car is an overall good buy and very sporty, if that's what your looking for.

Favorite Features

The sound system is not bad. The looks, handling, and interior space.

Suggested Improvements

Fit and finish of the interior. Acceleration could be better.

Good car
By Jo2knight

2004 Dodge Stratus ES 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I've had this car for approximately for 2 months. This car has been absolutely wonderful. I paid an excellent price for the car. If you look at the inside of the car, you can tell the materials that it's made with are very sturdy and look like they will last a while. The performance of the engine is superb. The car is front wheel drive so you have to be careful to not accelerate too fast and turn at the same time. Overall I'm very happy with the car.

Favorite Features

The way car looks, peppyness of car, AC, keyless entry.

Suggested Improvements

If the car came with the Miss America Pagent winner that would be a great improvement.