2004 Dodge Stratus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Stratus model:
Great Car
By tgrbtr on 04/12/07 10:18 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Stratus Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

I was going to just pass this car by when I was looking, I'm glad I didn't. I needed a car to go back and forth to work in and this car fits that job to a T. It's no rocket but compared to my old '99 Neon it feels like one. I really am glad I found an R/T as there don't seem to be a lot around here. I've added a few things to help out the fun factor (Brembo rotors w/ new pads, K&N filter, Tornado air foil) Can't argue with build quality as it is a Chrysler so I'll forgive some of it, but as a work car or just for running around town it's great!

Back to my youth by CB
By CB on 12/29/06 08:13 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Stratus Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

I origianally wanted to purchase a 2003 R/T, but wanted to wait till 2006 to buy it and by then it was gone. The wife mentioned to me that the local dealer had another one, but it was a 2004 and we checked it out and drove it home. It has all the options you can get, including a 6 CD changer. I've not been sorry and not problems to date. The drive takes me back to my youth when I could hot rod around and I call this car my hot rod. For an old timer, I really love it.

Ho Hum
By Dave on 09/12/06 10:53 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Stratus Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

Previously owned an '01 RT Coupe. It was a much superior ride. The '04 RT Sedan 5 speed manual is extremely noisy. The transmission sounds like a sewing machine, and even at 70 mph on the highway it is still prevalent. The 2.7 Magnum is efficient, but nothing to excite an enthusiast. This would be a good soccer mom car. Can't wait to be rid of it.

Dodge Stratus r/t
By joe on 07/02/06 22:18 PM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Stratus Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

Very good performance. Better than expeted gas mileage, (about 26 mph city). Car is admired by young people. Have not had it back to the dealer except for one minor issue. Lots of room in trunk. I like the automatic stick shift.

Fun to Drive
By curvy roads on 09/26/05 11:53 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Stratus Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

This is my second Stratus. This time I took all the options. The car is a reliable car, it is comfortable, the sound system is great, and it is so fun to drive with the V6 and the 17" wheels. It is pretty spacious inside, and the trunk space is generous (particularly with the fold down rear seat). It's not a Mercedes or BMW, but it's a good car for the $19K +/- I paid ($26K sticker).

Solid Car
By Weav on 04/15/05 12:39 PM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Stratus Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this RT as soon as the dealer could get it in 2003. I got every possible option except the engine block heater. Other than the significant amount of brake dust (that messes up the nice stock mag wheels) and a weird engine heave every now and then, this car is exceptional. Performance-wise, it's sweet, with plenty of get-up for a non-supercharged V6. Style-wise, everyone loves it...the leather seats are very comfortable and the 8-way power seat makes it a perfect fit for anyone. I'd buy another one in a heartbeat if I hadn't fallen in love with the Chrysler 300 SRT-8...

The Best
By Lugo on 04/06/05 12:00 PM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Stratus Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

In the past 12 years I have 4 Chevys, 2 Pontiac, 1 Toyota and 2 Nissan cars and this Dodge Straus is the best. I like to drive on the highway Ensenada to Tijuana because it's a great adventure. You can feel the power of the motor, and the great response to the curves. You have total control of the car, practically "glued to the road" and dont hear a noise. Its' a quiet car, off road, the suspension is fantastic!! The fuel economy is very good. The brake system is good. You can stop the car very fast with the 4 disc brake system. The system sound is OK. I love this car!

my partner!O.O.
By jackie_hottie on 08/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Stratus Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

I love it!!!! This car drives like a BMW! The sound system is like W-w-o-o- a-a--h-h-h-!

OK but too pricey
By Tom Clark on 04/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Stratus Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

After driving a Ford SHO for 10 years, this was about the only American car with stick shift. It's a bit of a disappointment--engine weak with poor acceleration, stick is smooth, interior appointments, even with leather, not first class, but rattle- free after 13,000 miles. For the $26K, it's overpriced, and the headroom is the pits. I'm only 5'7", but can't wear a baseball cap without dragging on the ceiling. Overall, an average performer in a dog-eat-dog world. I want American, but the options for real quality in the mid- 20's is seriously lacking across all brands.

Great!
By Aj T on 11/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Stratus Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

Great best car of its kind!