2004 Dodge Stratus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Stratus model:
2004 Dodge Stratus
By No More Chryslers on 01/28/10 05:20 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Stratus Sedan ES 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Vehicle has constant over heating problem It cant be corrected for long even by the dealership(s) that it has been taken to. Constantly gets air bound and then the heater blows cold air. vehicle shuts off on it's own without warning and techs reflash computer but it doesn't correct problem.Vehicle is going in for another front end alignment after a few thousand miles. Vehicle cannot be aligned as there are no possible adjustments (per the tech) without installing a front end alignment kit at a cost of 600 dollars. This was done by a certified Chrysler tech and as I stated it going in again for an alignment. Vehicle has 36,000 miles and wouldn't think you would run into these problems.

Ok but I wouldn't write home about it
By ironman2008 on 04/04/08 07:53 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Stratus Sedan ES 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

She is a good road car, I am a person who likes to travel and she does very well with highway driving. But now as she gets older when you step on the gas it's like she is going faster than it really is. And the pedals always have been low. You will think you need new brakes when you really don't.

Loved it at first
By Not a happy camper on 07/27/06 03:13 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Stratus Sedan ES 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

When I bought my car it was great the first three months. Since that time I have had the car in the shop 6 times. The engine has been replaced, the seat belts have been replaced and I am wondering what is going to go wrong with it next! I replaced a 10 year old Chevy with 150,000 miles on it with this Stratus and it has been in the shop more times in the 11 months I have owned it than my Chevy was the entire 10 years I had it. I have written Chrysler and they say it doesn't qualify for the lemon law even though it was in the shop 3 times in 3 months for the same problem. I guess since they replaced the engine they figure that fixes everything. I want to trade again but can't afford to.

Good car
By Jo2knight on 05/27/05 12:47 PM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Stratus Sedan ES 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I've had this car for approximately for 2 months. This car has been absolutely wonderful. I paid an excellent price for the car. If you look at the inside of the car, you can tell the materials that it's made with are very sturdy and look like they will last a while. The performance of the engine is superb. The car is front wheel drive so you have to be careful to not accelerate too fast and turn at the same time. Overall I'm very happy with the car.

favorite car
By Titanic3i on 08/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Stratus Sedan ES 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Love to drive the car realy enjoy it.

My Purple Lilac Car
By btbowl on 03/24/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Stratus Sedan ES 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

My Stratus is a 1996. It has over 164,000 miles and running great. It is my second home. I did not travel far the first several years but then my job took me to farther away places. My car has been my magic blanket taking me there.

My 2001 Stratus ES
By MrJitters on 06/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Stratus Sedan ES 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

A very fun car to drive. Great looks ( I have black clearcoat with the factory chrome wheels), plenty of power and good handling. Good interior room and the seats are very comfortable. The Autostick shifter is a blast! I consider this car to be an excellent value in the midsize range. I presently have 22K on the car. One warranty visit for the blower switch, at 21K, which was fixed with no problem.

dodge rammed
By dale popovch on 06/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Stratus Sedan ES 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I've had the vehicle for about 4 months now and had to replace the transmission already and the brakes had a problem with them. I am in the process of trying to get out of the vehicle and into another