Used 2004 Dodge Stratus ES Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Dodge Stratus - Consumer Reviews

2004 Dodge Stratus Sedan

View reviews for a specific Stratus model:

2004 Dodge Stratus
By No More Chryslers

2004 Dodge Stratus Sedan ES 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Vehicle has constant over heating problem It cant be corrected for long even by the dealership(s) that it has been taken to. Constantly gets air bound and then the heater blows cold air. vehicle shuts off on it's own without warning and techs reflash computer but it doesn't correct problem.Vehicle is going in for another front end alignment after a few thousand miles. Vehicle cannot be aligned as there are no possible adjustments (per the tech) without installing a front end alignment kit at a cost of 600 dollars. This was done by a certified Chrysler tech and as I stated it going in again for an alignment. Vehicle has 36,000 miles and wouldn't think you would run into these problems.

Favorite Features

None except good mileage when the vehicle is running

Suggested Improvements

Could Chrysler fix the problems. It can't be that difficult. First Chrysler and last. I'll stick to G.M. as I have always done in the past

Ok but I wouldn't write home about it
By ironman2008

2004 Dodge Stratus Sedan ES 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

She is a good road car, I am a person who likes to travel and she does very well with highway driving. But now as she gets older when you step on the gas it's like she is going faster than it really is. And the pedals always have been low. You will think you need new brakes when you really don't.

Favorite Features

Cruise Control works great, responds very nicely, very roomy trunk.

Suggested Improvements

The issue with the pedals, the interior looks cheap, and every version

Loved it at first
By Not a happy camper

2004 Dodge Stratus Sedan ES 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

When I bought my car it was great the first three months. Since that time I have had the car in the shop 6 times. The engine has been replaced, the seat belts have been replaced and I am wondering what is going to go wrong with it next! I replaced a 10 year old Chevy with 150,000 miles on it with this Stratus and it has been in the shop more times in the 11 months I have owned it than my Chevy was the entire 10 years I had it. I have written Chrysler and they say it doesn't qualify for the lemon law even though it was in the shop 3 times in 3 months for the same problem. I guess since they replaced the engine they figure that fixes everything. I want to trade again but can't afford to.

Suggested Improvements

Buy back my lemon or let me trade it in without losing $5000 on the value of my car.

Good car
By Jo2knight

2004 Dodge Stratus Sedan ES 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I've had this car for approximately for 2 months. This car has been absolutely wonderful. I paid an excellent price for the car. If you look at the inside of the car, you can tell the materials that it's made with are very sturdy and look like they will last a while. The performance of the engine is superb. The car is front wheel drive so you have to be careful to not accelerate too fast and turn at the same time. Overall I'm very happy with the car.

Favorite Features

The way car looks, peppyness of car, AC, keyless entry.

Suggested Improvements

If the car came with the Miss America Pagent winner that would be a great improvement.

favorite car
By Titanic3i

2004 Dodge Stratus Sedan ES 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Love to drive the car realy enjoy it.

Favorite Features

mileage check on dashboard and gas check