Used 2004 Dodge Stratus Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Dodge Stratus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Stratus model:

Great commuter with a fun ride
By EF

2004 Dodge Stratus Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this vehicle used in 2011 with 89k miles and still currently drive it at 130k. This car has been my favorite to drive out of what I've had. The 2.7 v6 does a great job and gives you plenty of acceleration. Handling is wonderful handles sharp on winding roads with minimal body lean. it handled exceptional over the Ohio roads in winter for a front wheel drive. The seats became a little uncomfortable on longer rides but not enough to be a major nuisance. No major mechanical work done other than regular maintenance. Had a brake line replaced a year or so ago.

Think again before buying this nightmare
By estella2

2004 Dodge Stratus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Dodge Stratus SE V6 2.7L. Bought this car in 2004 and within two years it needed a new transmission and battery. The battery is difficult to change yourself because it's placed behind the driverside tire underneath the panel. The "recommended spark plugs" not so good, causes to many misfires. The anti-freeze reservior is of poor quality and needed replacing because it started to melt with the recommended antifreeze. The fule filter needed replacing twice. Very poor performance driving this car uphill not a lot of power uphill. With all the problems I had with this car I will never buy another dodge vehicle again.

Reservior needs improvement along with placement of the battery. Fule filter needs work. Quality of spark plugs need work as well.

I loved my Stratus
By texan65

2004 Dodge Stratus Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I just traded in my 2004 Stratus after 7 years and 130,000 miles. I never had any major mechanical failure, just regular maintenance. It was a very reliable car. It was hands-down the best car I've ever had. I only traded it in because my family just needed something a little bigger.

When I bought it, I was a single mom with a 5 year old. It was the perfect size for us. I'm a little on the short side, and I had a better view in this car than most.

Love My Stratus
By davinshi

2004 Dodge Stratus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this car used with less than 70,000 miles on it. It has TONS of power, hugs the curves, and rides smooth. I might say it has too much power-I'm always having to slow it down on the freeway, because it's up to 80mph and over without even feeling like it. Looks sporty and gets alot of compliments. It does make a bit of a whining noise on hills, but there's no decrease in power at all. My only issue with it is the cab forward design makes stop lights hard to see sometimes-I have to lean forward. But a small inconvenience compared to how amazing this car drives and handles. And I got my first speeding ticket in it!

Lots of power, handles great, holds the road well, even in bad driving conditions.

Cup holders are a bit awkward to use, especially with tall containers.

Well it started off being a nice car....
By whodoctork9

2004 Dodge Stratus Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Bought the car and didn't have any trouble the first year, second year the computer was replaced and alternator and battery. Then the battery was replaced again. The car kept running the battery down so I took the alternator to a parts store to be checked, it came out ok - 4 times checked. They said the computer does the regulating for the alternator so I will have to get the computer checked AGAIN. If anyone has any ideas, please submit to me. I have checked the car with a diagnostic computer and its returning no errors. Battery light stays on when cranked.

Fast car, decent acceleration. Good handling.

Go back to the old way of charging a vehicle cuz this stinks. Gas mileage should be higher, I only get 25 mpg and I have a 1995 Chevy S-10 that gets almost 30 mpg.