Used 2004 Dodge Stratus SXT Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Dodge Stratus - Consumer Reviews

2004 Dodge Stratus Coupe

View reviews for a specific Stratus model:

Best Coupe 4 the money
By Sal's Dodge

2004 Dodge Stratus Coupe SXT 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car new. Great fuel economy:32HWY, 24CITY. Still has original battery and rear brakes. This car is fully equipped with sunroof, power drivers seat, great CD player and all other expected options. I'm getting ready to buy a new coupe, but haven't found any car that could compare to this Stratus in ANY price range, Only draw back is not 4 wheel disc brakes. Still the best bargain for under $18000 (out the door). If dodge can come up with a new FWD coupe, I'm a buyer. No need to shop around. What a WINNER !!

Favorite Features

Great performance and fuel economy. Many luxury features found on coupes costing much more.

Suggested Improvements

Would have liked 4 wheel anti-lock disc brakes.

Best car ever
By samantha

2004 Dodge Stratus Coupe SXT 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I got my stratus as a graduation gift. It was my very first car and I loved it. A great choice I must say. I have never had any problems with this car except for people staring as I drive by! It is amazing on gas, great to drive and looks awesome. I have had it for 2 years and still love it. I'm going to upgrade to an 05 or 06 model of the same vehicle because I love it so much.

Favorite Features

Easy to drive, comfortable, great stereo system, looks tough, fast, handles well. lets say EVERYTHING.

Suggested Improvements

Dont change a thing!

Excellent Driver
By gesshooo

2004 Dodge Stratus Coupe SXT 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This was the first new car that I've purchased in more than 15 years. In every aspect, this car has exceeded any and all of my expectations. Gas mileage is great. 22mpg city/31mpg highway. The interior is very comfortable, and the power is more than adequate, especially for a 4 cylinder. Trunk space is huge and storage is fantastic with the rear seats down. What was really impressive is the audio system. I have a new Corvette with a "Bose" system that doesn't compare to the sound in my Dodge. Everything on this car is original except for the front brakes and 4 tires. Reliability is a 10! Wish they still made a coupe, I would but another one immediately.

Favorite Features

Excellent sound system, smooth ride and ample power. Plenty of cargo room, and excellent styling in and out.

Underpowered version
By Mac

2004 Dodge Stratus Coupe SXT 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I like the looks and style of the car but the engine is underpowered without getting great gas mileage. Have had some mechanical issues also. A good car but don't get the SXT underpowered model.

I love my Stratus
By Billie

2004 Dodge Stratus Coupe SXT 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Stratus in June of 2005. I bought it used and it has been a wonderful car for me. At first it took a while to get used to, because my previous car was a roomy 4 doors Grand Prix. I love the sporty design.

Favorite Features

The sound system is great. I love the chrome look around the console.

Suggested Improvements

I don't care for the orange dash lights.