Used 2004 Dodge Stratus Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Dodge Stratus - Consumer Reviews

2004 Dodge Stratus Coupe

View reviews for a specific Stratus model:

I will miss this car!
By bgoodrich

2004 Dodge Stratus Coupe R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I owned this car for 7 years and put 165,000 miles on it. I never had a mechanical problem with it ever. It was fast enough, but what I liked the most was the handling. I never thought there was a curve I couldn't take without minimal braking. This car alo had exceptional top-end passing ability. If you ever neede to go from 70-80 mph quickly, you could depend on the Stratus R/T to do it. I got a lot of compliments on the car's appearance and it was nice to be the only person I know to have one. I can't believe they didn't sell more of these. I really can't put into words how much I enjoyed this car. I will miss her greatly.

Favorite Features

Handling, top-end acceleration, Styling

Suggested Improvements

Seats could get uncomfortable during long drives of more than 2 hours. I also would've liked to have seen more side bolstering in the bucket seats also.

Eight years and still glad I bought it!
By 04stratusrt

2004 Dodge Stratus Coupe R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Bought a 2004 Stratus R/T coupe brand new and have not regretted it. The V6 provides plenty of power and I get 28 to 30 mpg on the highway! Great looking car with zero mechanical issues.

Favorite Features

Styling, V6 engine, gas mileage and Infinity stereo

Great car for great value
By rj45

2004 Dodge Stratus Coupe SXT 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This was my first car and I didn't buy it too long ago. Has 84,000 miles and in good condition! Only cost me $4,500. Also came with a fresh set of tires. The car is an overall very good buy. It rides smoothly and has that "low" feeling. There is a limited amount of body roll while turning due to a stiffer suspension. Even though it's a coupe, the back seat is rather large and very comfortable. The trunk space is also pretty large, it managed to fit over $160 worth of groceries. Though the car is cheap, reliable, and sporty, the build quality isn't spot on. The front and rear bumper is made of cheap plastic, which is a little flimsy. The dashboard is rubber and bulges out when hot.

Favorite Features

The interior of the car is spacious along with the trunk. The back seats fold down. Power windows, locks, and mirrors, cruise control. Has a chip key so nobody can make a copy and start the car with it. Soft seats. Excellent around turns. Gas mileage is decent (28-30). Has a lot of power for a 4-cylinder. Looks, feels, and acts likes a sports car. Comparable to the Mitsubishi Eclipse (which is actually the sister vehicle). HAS a Mitsubishi motor.

Suggested Improvements

Replace the cheap plastic bumpers with metal. Use better materials for the dashboard, rubber swells under heat and the whole dashboard will push up about an inch. The check engine light seems to come on for no reason at all.

My First Car...
By jayjayfrmny

2004 Dodge Stratus Coupe R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought it 2 months ago used with about 85000 miles on it but it pushed as if it had none. When I first saw it, I fell in love with the body style. I felt like it was calling me and when I took it for a test drive, I was completely sold. I only encountered one problem during my ownership and that was the distributor cap (its used, so I expected a few problems) but thats it. I take incredible care of it and it runs even stronger than it did when I bought it considering Ive already put about 2000 miles on it. This car has a lot of potential style and power wise.

Favorite Features

Power Seats, Radio, AutoStick

Suggested Improvements

Radio could use an auxiliary port considering the year, heated seats and the sideview mirrors do not tint like the rearview does when you have drivers behind you with bright lights

Great Car, what's with the paint?
By Erica02

2004 Dodge Stratus Coupe SXT 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have had my car for two years and love it! But I have had the roof painted and now and going to have to have the hood painted. The paint is just fading right off my pretty black car!

Favorite Features

Lots of feet room in the front, sound system, and the look

Suggested Improvements

PLEASE us better paint! a 2004 should not need a new paint job already!