2004 Dodge Stratus Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Stratus model:
I will miss this car!
By bgoodrich on 05/04/13 11:36 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Stratus Coupe R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I owned this car for 7 years and put 165,000 miles on it. I never had a mechanical problem with it ever. It was fast enough, but what I liked the most was the handling. I never thought there was a curve I couldn't take without minimal braking. This car alo had exceptional top-end passing ability. If you ever neede to go from 70-80 mph quickly, you could depend on the Stratus R/T to do it. I got a lot of compliments on the car's appearance and it was nice to be the only person I know to have one. I can't believe they didn't sell more of these. I really can't put into words how much I enjoyed this car. I will miss her greatly.

Eight years and still glad I bought it!
By 04stratusrt on 06/02/12 17:44 PM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Stratus Coupe R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Bought a 2004 Stratus R/T coupe brand new and have not regretted it. The V6 provides plenty of power and I get 28 to 30 mpg on the highway! Great looking car with zero mechanical issues.

Great car for great value
By rj45 on 04/25/11 19:04 PM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Stratus Coupe SXT 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This was my first car and I didn't buy it too long ago. Has 84,000 miles and in good condition! Only cost me $4,500. Also came with a fresh set of tires. The car is an overall very good buy. It rides smoothly and has that "low" feeling. There is a limited amount of body roll while turning due to a stiffer suspension. Even though it's a coupe, the back seat is rather large and very comfortable. The trunk space is also pretty large, it managed to fit over $160 worth of groceries. Though the car is cheap, reliable, and sporty, the build quality isn't spot on. The front and rear bumper is made of cheap plastic, which is a little flimsy. The dashboard is rubber and bulges out when hot.

My First Car...
By jayjayfrmny on 03/20/11 23:03 PM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Stratus Coupe R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought it 2 months ago used with about 85000 miles on it but it pushed as if it had none. When I first saw it, I fell in love with the body style. I felt like it was calling me and when I took it for a test drive, I was completely sold. I only encountered one problem during my ownership and that was the distributor cap (its used, so I expected a few problems) but thats it. I take incredible care of it and it runs even stronger than it did when I bought it considering Ive already put about 2000 miles on it. This car has a lot of potential style and power wise.

Great Car, what's with the paint?
By Erica02 on 10/19/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Stratus Coupe SXT 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have had my car for two years and love it! But I have had the roof painted and now and going to have to have the hood painted. The paint is just fading right off my pretty black car!

Love my Dodge Stratus Coupe!
By Nicole on 03/27/10 22:49 PM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Stratus Coupe SXT 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my Dodge Stratus Coupe brand spanking new! It was one of the best decisions I've made! Those who have had problems with theirs are probably driving it like its a four wheeler. Mine always gets regular oil changes & etc. I heard after 60,000 miles the transmission goes out...uh NO, NOT TRUE AT ALL. You should keep an eye on it after that amount of miles but as long as you TAKE CARE OF YOUR CAR like you should you shouldn't have any problems! I have 106,000 miles on mine and its still running great!As far as the appearance some paint damage from too much sun exposure.

Best Coupe 4 the money
By Sal's Dodge on 05/12/08 07:50 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Stratus Coupe SXT 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car new. Great fuel economy:32HWY, 24CITY. Still has original battery and rear brakes. This car is fully equipped with sunroof, power drivers seat, great CD player and all other expected options. I'm getting ready to buy a new coupe, but haven't found any car that could compare to this Stratus in ANY price range, Only draw back is not 4 wheel disc brakes. Still the best bargain for under $18000 (out the door). If dodge can come up with a new FWD coupe, I'm a buyer. No need to shop around. What a WINNER !!

Mopar's pre-Challenger performance coupe
By Huether on 04/25/08 10:41 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Stratus Coupe R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

FAST! Keeping my Stratus R/T stock for 4 years, this thing has been a rocket. My Indy Red R/T has seen top speeds of 135, and great braking and handling characteristics. It's an aerodynamic shape, with a great coupe design. It's interior needs more pizazz in its design, but still useful, and spacious. I have 55,000 miles on it now, and plan to drive it until I reach 100,000! Go Mopar!

Best car ever
By samantha on 04/11/08 14:49 PM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Stratus Coupe SXT 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I got my stratus as a graduation gift. It was my very first car and I loved it. A great choice I must say. I have never had any problems with this car except for people staring as I drive by! It is amazing on gas, great to drive and looks awesome. I have had it for 2 years and still love it. I'm going to upgrade to an 05 or 06 model of the same vehicle because I love it so much.

Love the look and feel of this car
By sharon on 03/17/08 10:01 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Stratus Coupe R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

The take off response is awesome, holds the road wonderfully. This is the only car that I've ever bought that is actually worth more than what my loan value is!