Used 2004 Dodge Stratus R/T Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Dodge Stratus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Stratus model:

Mopar's pre-Challenger performance coupe
By Huether

2004 Dodge Stratus R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

FAST! Keeping my Stratus R/T stock for 4 years, this thing has been a rocket. My Indy Red R/T has seen top speeds of 135, and great braking and handling characteristics. It's an aerodynamic shape, with a great coupe design. It's interior needs more pizazz in its design, but still useful, and spacious. I have 55,000 miles on it now, and plan to drive it until I reach 100,000! Go Mopar!

3.0L V6 Front fascia Rear spoiler 5-spoke alloys White gauges Quick gear ratios Superb sport suspension

Wind noise (depends on tires, windows) Quality of some interior plastics (not many, but it would be nice to have more chrome accented features.)

Love the look and feel of this car
By sharon

2004 Dodge Stratus R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

The take off response is awesome, holds the road wonderfully. This is the only car that I've ever bought that is actually worth more than what my loan value is!

Stereo, moon roof, chrome wheels

More leg room in the back seat

Love this car!
By TomStratRT

2004 Dodge Stratus R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Very fun to drive. Easy to pass on the highway. I got the ATX and it's not bad at all. It's a little sluggish off the line, but makes up for it while accelerating. 3.0 V6 makes a nice rumble with a few mods and a nice muffler. This car gets plenty of looks and I love the Dark Metallic Gray color. Goes really good with gunmetal wheels. I compared to Accord coupe, Tiburon, Monte Carlo SS and other V6 coupes. This one trumped them all. The R/T coupe is also very rare amongst the cookie-cutter cars on the road.

3.0 V6 (by Mitsubishi), Infinty 7 speaker system. Leather interior, power moonroof, power

Power driver and passenger front seats. More HP (at least 275, w/RWD). Dual exhaust would set the outside off right. Lighter body. Mopar aftermarket support.

Gotta go with the R/T
By Tony K

2004 Dodge Stratus R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I've had my Stratus R/T now for 6 months. Plenty of horsepower and still get 30 mpg on the highway. I got mine fully loaded w/ auto-stick, moonroof, leather, infinity sound, chrome wheels. I get a lot of nice car compliments. Dodge did a great job with this car.

Auto-stick, Infinity sound system, 200 hp, huge trunk.

Backseat is tight for 2 adults. Fog lights should turn on with main headlights, no need for a seperate button.

Love It So Far ...
By argus

2004 Dodge Stratus R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Bought an auto. Would've likely bought a 5spd had I found one. Transmission shifts just fine though-- I'm impressed and overall extremely happy. Deep Red color is really beautiful--this car gets plenty of looks. It has more power than I need and not so much that I'd get myself in trouble. Good job, Dodge

The Infinity sound system is just incredible for a stock system. Steering wheel audio controls are outstanding.

Throttle tip-in is a bit abrupt in my opinion. Power steering a bit over- assisted. Feels a tad disconnected.