2004 Dodge Stratus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Stratus model:
Best Coupe 4 the money
By Sal's Dodge on 05/12/08 07:50 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Stratus SXT 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car new. Great fuel economy:32HWY, 24CITY. Still has original battery and rear brakes. This car is fully equipped with sunroof, power drivers seat, great CD player and all other expected options. I'm getting ready to buy a new coupe, but haven't found any car that could compare to this Stratus in ANY price range, Only draw back is not 4 wheel disc brakes. Still the best bargain for under $18000 (out the door). If dodge can come up with a new FWD coupe, I'm a buyer. No need to shop around. What a WINNER !!

Best car ever
By samantha on 04/11/08 14:49 PM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Stratus SXT 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I got my stratus as a graduation gift. It was my very first car and I loved it. A great choice I must say. I have never had any problems with this car except for people staring as I drive by! It is amazing on gas, great to drive and looks awesome. I have had it for 2 years and still love it. I'm going to upgrade to an 05 or 06 model of the same vehicle because I love it so much.

Excellent Driver
By gesshooo on 10/30/07 06:03 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Stratus SXT 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This was the first new car that I've purchased in more than 15 years. In every aspect, this car has exceeded any and all of my expectations. Gas mileage is great. 22mpg city/31mpg highway. The interior is very comfortable, and the power is more than adequate, especially for a 4 cylinder. Trunk space is huge and storage is fantastic with the rear seats down. What was really impressive is the audio system. I have a new Corvette with a "Bose" system that doesn't compare to the sound in my Dodge. Everything on this car is original except for the front brakes and 4 tires. Reliability is a 10! Wish they still made a coupe, I would but another one immediately.

Underpowered version
By Mac on 03/28/07 11:43 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Stratus SXT 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I like the looks and style of the car but the engine is underpowered without getting great gas mileage. Have had some mechanical issues also. A good car but don't get the SXT underpowered model.

I love my Stratus
By Billie on 02/11/07 18:35 PM (PST)

2004 Dodge Stratus SXT 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Stratus in June of 2005. I bought it used and it has been a wonderful car for me. At first it took a while to get used to, because my previous car was a roomy 4 doors Grand Prix. I love the sporty design.

Don't buy
By Skidawg79 on 02/07/07 17:46 PM (PST)

2004 Dodge Stratus SXT 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Upon hitting 40,000 miles my Stratus has been breaking down approximately every 3 months. In the past 20,000 this is a list of things that have happened. A car slammed its brakes in front of me, I went to hit mine..didnt have any! My master cylinder broke and needed replaced. Then about 3 months later my compressor went and I didn't have any air conditioning while I was stuck in traffic on a 90 degree day. Also my water pump went, I've had the valve gaskets replaced twice, upper and lower radiator hoses and the thermostat, also my clutch needed replaced due to a manafacturing defect. Only good I can say is that it's good on gas. I will never buy another Chrysler product again!

Awesome Car
By Eddie on 07/23/06 02:23 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Stratus SXT 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I am very impressed. The coupe has such a more sporty feel and kick to it. i finally feel like I have a car I enjoy driving, and look forward to being "The driver". With tints and the great silver paint job this car just gleams at night.

Fantastic Car
By Impressed on 03/28/06 10:39 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Stratus SXT 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is the 2nd Stratus SXT Coupe I've owned. Both trouble free, an excellent car in every respect. Fun to drive, dependable, economical and stylish. The 4 cylinder motor has adequate power and I've averged 25 mpg in the 2004 with an automatic trans. The 2001 I owned was a stick shift and consistently got over 30 mpg. The 2001 had 90K miles on it when I sold it and never gave me any problems. The 2004 has been equally as impressive. Great sound system, comfortable seating. A terrific value!

Own it, but don't care for it
By car on 01/04/06 17:32 PM (PST)

2004 Dodge Stratus SXT 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The Dodge Stratus is a nice car, but when it comes to it being the all around vehicle I wouldn't own another one. And trust me it's no fun climbing out of your own vehicle anymore. I should have bought a truck.

Awesome looks
By mike on 07/03/05 01:20 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Stratus SXT 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I previously drove a 2003 Honda Accord coupe with a 4 cylinder. While the Dodge's acceleration is not quite as good as the Honda's, its handling is far superior, and it has a lot less body roll. The tires are too eager to squeal on the Accord on turns. The interior of the Accord is nicer, but the Dodge looks a lot better on the outside. For as long as I have had this car, nothing has gone wrong. This car is an overall good buy and very sporty, if that's what your looking for.