2003 Dodge Stratus Consumer Review: How it handled in an accident.

2003 Dodge Stratus - Consumer Review

How it handled in an accident.
By Al on

2003 Dodge Stratus SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I was in an accident last week in my 2003 Stratus SE because a fool on a four-lane highway decided to turn left from the right lane, and while I was traveling in that left lane. (He said I was in his blind spot. Guess he never took driver's ed.!) He nearly t-boned me, but I have lived to tell the story. The car was totalled. Both airbags went off, the windshield broke, the front right side sustained much damage, but I was able to get it stopped in a field, not tip over, and pretty much got control as soon as possible. His car was about the size of mine, which helped, but I now have enough faith in the car to buy a 2005 version, which we did just tonight.

Easy to drive and control.

Make a CD player standard. Who uses a cassette these days? Also, things dropped in the middle go into a "no man's land". They are very hard to remove. I have to get in the back and look under the seat. Don't know if the 2005 will be exactly like that since we don't pick it up until tomorrow.