2003 Dodge Stratus SE Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Dodge Stratus - Consumer Reviews

2003 Stratus Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Stratus model:

Sort Reviews by

awsome car
By stever k

2003 Dodge Stratus SXT 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This car is a dream to drive. For the amount of money I paid for this car. I'm 6'2" tall and this car fits me perfect. The 2.4L engine runs like a champ with the 5spd. I love the 32mpg on ave. A car this size getting that good of gas mileage. WOW!! I would not tell any one not to get this car..

Favorite Features

Style, MPG!!, Fit, Sound system

Suggested Improvements

cup holders

Nat's Stratus
By NATALYEANNE

2003 Dodge Stratus R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I really enjoy my Stratus b/c it has a lot of get up and go. There is a slight delay when you are taking off but once you do...look out. The 6 disk cd changer in the dash with the oontrols behind the steering wheel is very convenient. I like it much better than having the controls in the front. It could stand to have a litte more leg room in the back though!

Suggested Improvements

Needs a little more leg room in the back seat. I'm a tall person and I need the seat somewhat far back in the front in order to drive!

Nice car, but milage stinks
By redpony

2003 Dodge Stratus SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

The fuel milage is awful. We started out getting 22.7 in town, but the milage has fallen with each suceeding fill up to 16.5. We can only get 25 on the highway. Also on days with a temps over 115 the idle is erratic. The car will almost stall coming a stop. On one very hot 126 degree day the idle jumped to 2000 rpms causing the car to lurch forward almost causing an accident. The dealer can find nothing wrong and says that the Chrysler Eng. Dept. claims this is normal for all Chrysler 4 cyl. engines in hot weather. Chrysler Corp. won't help so I have filed a complaint with the NTSA regarding the sudden engine acceleration problem.

Favorite Features

Clean styling, good power for a 4 cyl., good road manners, roomy interior with more front leg room than my 6'3" body needs.

Suggested Improvements

Chrysler should move all engine and transmisson control computers from the engine bay and away from all that under hood heat.

I love my\Car
By littlebit

2003 Dodge Stratus SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I love my Dodge Stratus,it fun car drive it has lots of power.

Favorite Features

The Power

Suggested Improvements

Put Fog lamps on SE Model.THe car should have an alarm.

Don't dodge this Stratus
By KeithFLA

2003 Dodge Stratus SXT 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

What a surprise. I bought this car a little over a month ago. So far, so good. This car sits really low, and hugs the road. The cockpit of this Stratus surrounds me well. I have a stocky build, but I am comfortable in this car. You will notice more head room than it's cousin, The Eclipse. The 4 cylinder provides adequate acceleration. The outside road noise is quiet. The shape of the car cuts right through the wind at high speeds. Overall, I am pleased, and I did not break my bank.

Favorite Features

I love the shape of the car. It has a very sport appeal, and people will notice you on the road. I love the standard 16 inch wheels, white gauges, and orange night glow interior lighting. Orange lights are easy on the eyes in night driving.

Suggested Improvements

Increase the horsepower a little to compete with the 4 cylinders produced by Honda and Nissan. Nissan, and Honda 4 cylinder engines in the Accord, and Altime produce 175 horses, vs the Stratus's 147.

Exellent
By Ryan Sewell

2003 Dodge Stratus R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Fun car to drive, little body roll.

Suggested Improvements

Improve body roll and handeling.

I Love My Stratus
By Stratus R/T 03

2003 Dodge Stratus R/T 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased my 2003 Stratus RT in December of 2002 after my 2002 Chrystler Sebring sedan was totalled out. I was hit by someone(estimated to be driving in excess of 65 mph)that ran a stop sign. Almost everyone that saw my Sebring said that I should have been killed, but I walked away from the accident with a few fractures, lots of brusies and a fear of driving. About a month after my accident I found my Stratus R/T and purchased it. I feel safer in it than I did in my Sebring. My Stratus R/T has helped to restore my life.

Favorite Features

I love everything about my car.

Awesome car!
By slickchros

2003 Dodge Stratus R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I just bought this car and absolutely love it!! It has tons of power and handles like a dream! I almost bought a 2002 r/t but am glad I waited. It is SO much fun to drive and very attractive car! I already got a couple of "nice car" compliments. It has everything you could want in a car and more. I got the 5 speed and would recommend it on this car.

Favorite Features

Powerful! styling, leather interior, power sunroof, decent stock stereo

Suggested Improvements

I can't think of anything yet!

step's review
By stephan

2003 Dodge Stratus SXT 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

excellent quality for price excellent choice for people looking for sports look with some of the performance without the price

Suggested Improvements

car needs a six cylinder engine maybe dodge should make an srt version of this

Fun to drive
By bdscoach

2003 Dodge Stratus SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Bought the car new and have been very satisfied! Sexy styling and eye catching color (inferno red) is just the beginning! Rides great, quiet, comfortable and enough accessories to satisfy creature comforts. So far (2500 miles), no problems or rattles. Fold down rear seats are a hidden value. Good basic trasportation makes this vehicle a good car for the money.

Favorite Features

Ride, interior roominess, rear seat cupholders, fold down rear seats, quiet ride, handling

Suggested Improvements

front seat cupholders are a reach, AM/FM/CD radio should be AM/FM/CD/Cassette, pickup(maybe a 2.7L engine).