Used 2003 Dodge Stratus Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Dodge Stratus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Stratus model:

Love my Stratus.
By W Earp

2003 Dodge Stratus SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my Status off the line. Great car! Have had very little trouble in over 62k miles. Only had a tire rod break on front right tire. It was under warranty. And now my blower 1-3 is out. Not too bad for over 3 years of owership. Just bad at Christmas.

Lots and lots of space on the interior.

None really that I can think of. With proper care, I have had very little troubles.

Amazing car
By travis

2003 Dodge Stratus SXT 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have had this car for a couple of months now and I am in love with it. Iit is the best car I have ever owned and I feel like a king driving it. I would suggest it to anyone. The only problem is the blind spots and it's hard to see out of the back when backing up. Other than that. it's an amazing car

Everything. I love this car

Make it easier to see out of the back end

Love my Stratus
By Lori

2003 Dodge Stratus SXT 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car about 5 months ago. I was looking for something descent on gas since I was driving a 2001 Ford Explorer. I found the Stratus (mine is black) and I had to have it. I love the interior and the way it drives. The only problem I have is I need to get new rotors because since I bought the car my front end shakes when I apply the brakes. I guess that will only cost me around $200. I have taken my car on a few road trips and I love the stereo and my sunroof.

Sunroof. CD changer and the smooth ride

Not to have the cupholders in such weird spots.

Sad
By KSD

2003 Dodge Stratus SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

The '96 was much more enjoyable. The transmission has had trouble since day 1 in the 2003 model, and I've had nothing but trouble dealing with the Dodge dealerships to fix it. Even though the transmission was replaced 6 months after I bought it, it has had problems the whole time of ownership. I've had the car for 3 years. It has left me stranded on more than one occassion. I've never been so disappointed in a car in all my life. I know one thing, my next car won't be a Dodge of any kind, ever again.

Good sound system, and nice highway riding.

Engine overhaul. Not sure if it was just the one I had but this has been a very bad experience so I'm keeping it on the low side. I won't buy another Dodge because of this one. It's not so much as having to have the car fixed, although you want dependability, but Dodge does not back up their cars.

I love my car
By I love this Car

2003 Dodge Stratus SXT 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I've had this car 18 months. It's fun to drive and beautiful. Mine is red and got me two tickets shortly after purchase. Since the warranty expired I have noticed quite a bit of wobbling in the front end, and during a traffic jam it over heated. Not sure it's going to be economical in the long run. But maaaaaaaaan I love this car.

Body style, MPG, 4 cd changer, plenty of space in the back for kids (If your not 6 ft tall)

Longer lasting reliability, longer waranty.

• SUV