Used 2003 Dodge Stratus Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Dodge Stratus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Stratus model:

Sweet Car
By Tanya

2003 Dodge Stratus SXT 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I commute about 100 miles a day and have been very happy with this car.I have had the same front end problem with the shaking and also had to have my inner tie rods replaced but with as many miles as I have put on it I have to expect some maintenance. When it's really hot and I have the ac on it tends to want to stall when I come to a stop light but has never died. Great gas mileage, love the 4 disc CD changer, and love the style of the car. I upgraded the wheels and rims and it makes it look extra sharp. The trunk is huge and great for groceries. It is kind of low for my parents to get in but I like it because it adds to the sporty look. Overall a great, sporty, reliable and economical car

Sporty look and 4 disc CD changer.

Front end and wanting to stall problem

Great sleeper car
By Komomo

2003 Dodge Stratus R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Bought this car with 35K miles on it in a great-looking rare steel blue color. The car looks great, sounds just as good, has a quick, well-placed shifter and is much quicker than you'd expect given the specs. My only significant complaint is that it is unforgivable for a car like this not to have ABS standard. Also a trip computer would be nice (rented a much cheaper PT Cruiser once that had a very good trip computer. Go figure.). Still, the overall driving experience is unparralled at the price, and it is the only American vehicle in this class (coupe versions of Grand Am/G6, Alero, Accord and Camry, but Mustang is a different type of car) to offer a manual with a V6. Shame on GM, bravo Dodge!

Engine performance and sound. Coupe styling and ergonomics, esp. shifter location/feel. Power moonroof and CD changer, big trunk and versatility of fold-down back seats for this type of car.

Should have made ABS standard! Would have really liked to have a trip computer.

Stratus RT Coupe 2003
By Karlie

2003 Dodge Stratus R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I liked the features that came with this car from day one. I have had it just over a year now and have never had it into the mechanic shop for anything more than routine maintainance.

Style, pickup, and power

The turning radius is horrible. Higher quality interior materials would be nice.

Love my Stratus.
By W Earp

2003 Dodge Stratus SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my Status off the line. Great car! Have had very little trouble in over 62k miles. Only had a tire rod break on front right tire. It was under warranty. And now my blower 1-3 is out. Not too bad for over 3 years of owership. Just bad at Christmas.

Lots and lots of space on the interior.

None really that I can think of. With proper care, I have had very little troubles.

Amazing car
By travis

2003 Dodge Stratus SXT 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have had this car for a couple of months now and I am in love with it. Iit is the best car I have ever owned and I feel like a king driving it. I would suggest it to anyone. The only problem is the blind spots and it's hard to see out of the back when backing up. Other than that. it's an amazing car

Everything. I love this car

Make it easier to see out of the back end