Used 2003 Dodge Stratus Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Dodge Stratus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Stratus model:

It's Just Great!!!
By Yogi4

2003 Dodge Stratus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

This is just a great vehicle. I just have the SE model, so I don't have all the goodies, but nontheless it performes great. The gas mileage is good, runs quiet with just a little road noise. It handles well and the 4 cylinder is peppy and made for the do-it-yourself tune-ups. The engine warms up unbelievably fast and the heater will blow you away. But the A/C could be a little colder. You can use your cup holders without your cup getting in the way of anything. The seats are comfortable even on long trips. Use semi-synthetic oil, I find that it improves mileage and smoothness in this engine. Don't use high priced brake pads. Just use the cheap semi metallic pads or it will eat your rotors.

The looks, the ride, the comfort, the dimming interior light and the speakers sound awesome. Not to mention the good gas mileage. The trunk is HUGE!!! The triger like button on the gear shift leaver.

Brakes. Colder A/C (it'll keep you cool though). Window deflectors, if you wash your windshield or if it's raining and your window is cracked or down.... it's coming in.

We like it!
By Susan Kirton

2003 Dodge Stratus Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

We just bought it and paid 10,000 for it. I didn't want a sedan initially, but I am very happy with the styling and solidity of the car.It could use a few more amonites, but other than that we are happy wih our purchase.

Color, interior and out. I like the power of the engine. It has a lot of pickup and go . Granted, we are new owners, so I can't yet respond to reliability. But the engine is quiet and the ride is too. I am 5"4, so I really like that the seat belts in the front are adjustable.

Added cup holders, lighter in an easier to reach place, ABS, side airbags.

2nd stratus...good value for your $$
By mr cf

2003 Dodge Stratus Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This is my 2nd stratus & very happy with it. Only gripe is the doors squeak. dealer replace all hinges and they still squeak. brakes are much improved over previous model. fuel economy is not as good as previous model. pretty peppy for a 4cyl car.

this car handles and rides real well. i have driven a camry on vacation and the stratus holds the road much better

car needs to become standard with the window deflectors. your suit will be damp the minute you open the window. dont leave your dodge dealer without them!!!!

sweet
By ILIKEDODGE

2003 Dodge Stratus Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

I ordered a 95 dodge stratus ES (loaded) with a 5 spd, which was a blast to drive, great gas mileage too... I always thought it needed a v6. Not the wimpy 2.5 liter-150hp w/ automatic MTX only, which was an option that 1st year. The 2003 r/t with the 200hp magnum, match up with the 5 spd, is exactly what it needed. I have had no issues with the vehicle at all. It is powerful, handles extremely well and most vehicles will have trouble keeping up with it. (If that interests you) I look forward to driving it every day. The gas mileage is great. The engine is very smooth and delivers its 200hp nicely.

200 HP Magnum V6 5 spd NVG-T850 Manual Transaxle 17in 50 Series Tires Moon roof / leather seats Nice sound system (6 CD chgr) Great styling, fit and finish

More HP's you can never have to much HP...it like ram on a computer. Something that all American auto mfgs need to get with...offer all wheel drive.

Nice Car
By MikeChasser

2003 Dodge Stratus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I love my stratus, good car and nice looking too.

Interior, very comfortable

Alarm system, cd player standard