2003 Dodge Stratus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Stratus model:
2003 Status R/T
By pdxr/t on 12/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Stratus Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

I traded in my 2001 Dodge Durango because of the horrible fuel milage (12/17mpg) I was getting. I am very pleased with the 18.5/27.5 I am getting now. It handles great with the 17" tires. The 2.7 is pretty peppy for its size. Anybody know where I can get aftermarket permormance parts for 2.7? The one thing I do miss is the heated leather seats from the Durango. The R/T is a sharp looking, good value for the price.

Safest car on the market
By Elliebean on 12/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Stratus Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Well I don't really know if its the safest but when I got in an accident with my dodge stratus, it saved my life. The car took the impact in all the right places and the driver and I walked away just fine. If you could see the picturesof the accident, you'd be amazed. I'm buying another one.

Lovin' It
By MissTai on 11/14/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Stratus Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

I am so in love with my car. I've owned three other vehicles since I've been driving and my Stratus is the most enjoyable for both style and reliability. Dodge, keep doing what you do.

Great car for the money
By John420 on 10/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Stratus Sedan ES 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Traded in a 99 Breeze with 83,000 miles for this Stratus 4 cylinder ES used with 19,000 on it.So far its been a Great car. Some minor adjustments like noisy wiper blades and excessive wind noise from the drivers door.I will have to go back to have this fixed again as they adjusted the door, but its still there. Also need to get corrected a noisy wine from altenator. Otherwise it rides smooth and fairly quiet.

dodge
By bender on 10/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Stratus Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

It seems to be a rough ride

Excellent middle of the road car
By sac86738 on 09/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Stratus Sedan ES 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Realize that this is not a performance car, so performance gets an "average." Comfort-wise, the seats are cushy, and the steering wheel feels good--not cheap. Fun to drive? Not particularly. Interior is well thought out, very simple. The styling of the exterior is pleasing to my eye, especially the shorter windows. It has a kind of "meaner" look to it than its predecessor. As for reliability, it always starts up as soon as the key is turned--no delays. I've never had a problem with my 1999 Stratus, and I sure don't expect to have too many problems with this one.

Nice car, but milage stinks
By redpony on 09/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Stratus Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

The fuel milage is awful. We started out getting 22.7 in town, but the milage has fallen with each suceeding fill up to 16.5. We can only get 25 on the highway. Also on days with a temps over 115 the idle is erratic. The car will almost stall coming a stop. On one very hot 126 degree day the idle jumped to 2000 rpms causing the car to lurch forward almost causing an accident. The dealer can find nothing wrong and says that the Chrysler Eng. Dept. claims this is normal for all Chrysler 4 cyl. engines in hot weather. Chrysler Corp. won't help so I have filed a complaint with the NTSA regarding the sudden engine acceleration problem.

I love my\Car
By littlebit on 08/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Stratus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I love my Dodge Stratus,it fun car drive it has lots of power.

I Love My Stratus
By Stratus R/T 03 on 07/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Stratus Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased my 2003 Stratus RT in December of 2002 after my 2002 Chrystler Sebring sedan was totalled out. I was hit by someone(estimated to be driving in excess of 65 mph)that ran a stop sign. Almost everyone that saw my Sebring said that I should have been killed, but I walked away from the accident with a few fractures, lots of brusies and a fear of driving. About a month after my accident I found my Stratus R/T and purchased it. I feel safer in it than I did in my Sebring. My Stratus R/T has helped to restore my life.

Fun to drive
By bdscoach on 05/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Stratus Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Bought the car new and have been very satisfied! Sexy styling and eye catching color (inferno red) is just the beginning! Rides great, quiet, comfortable and enough accessories to satisfy creature comforts. So far (2500 miles), no problems or rattles. Fold down rear seats are a hidden value. Good basic trasportation makes this vehicle a good car for the money.