2003 Dodge Stratus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Stratus model:
Buy It!
By moparornocar08 on 10/25/07 20:39 PM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Stratus Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

Bought the car on Labor Day weekend '06 and have never regretted it. It's a four-door with the R/T package, deep metallic red, looks great, runs great, roomy, comfortable, great gas mileage, has all the bells and whistles (leather, 6-disc cd changer, sunroof, etc.), just an all- around great car. The perfomance is definitely suprising. Ours has the automatic with Autostick and can pass pretty much anything you want to (it can do over 110 in third!). It can at least run with 3 Series Beemers with ease:). Definitely get the V6 if you are considering one, they're suprising powerful and get good gas mileage (we average at least 30-32). And we always get compliments on the styling. Great car.

Wife's car
By mls on 04/17/07 18:58 PM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Stratus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

This was an excellent purchase. The car has outpeformed our previous vehicle a 2000 Ford Taurus. It is peppey and fun to drive and the gas mileage is excellent. Not as comfortable on a long trip as the bigger car, but not unbearable either. We have had no mechanical problems with this car with 91K on the odometer right now.

Love my Stratus.
By W Earp on 12/27/06 04:49 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Stratus Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my Status off the line. Great car! Have had very little trouble in over 62k miles. Only had a tire rod break on front right tire. It was under warranty. And now my blower 1-3 is out. Not too bad for over 3 years of owership. Just bad at Christmas.

Sad
By KSD on 09/30/06 07:43 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Stratus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

The '96 was much more enjoyable. The transmission has had trouble since day 1 in the 2003 model, and I've had nothing but trouble dealing with the Dodge dealerships to fix it. Even though the transmission was replaced 6 months after I bought it, it has had problems the whole time of ownership. I've had the car for 3 years. It has left me stranded on more than one occassion. I've never been so disappointed in a car in all my life. I know one thing, my next car won't be a Dodge of any kind, ever again.

How it handled in an accident.
By Al on 10/04/05 23:39 PM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Stratus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I was in an accident last week in my 2003 Stratus SE because a fool on a four-lane highway decided to turn left from the right lane, and while I was traveling in that left lane. (He said I was in his blind spot. Guess he never took driver's ed.!) He nearly t-boned me, but I have lived to tell the story. The car was totalled. Both airbags went off, the windshield broke, the front right side sustained much damage, but I was able to get it stopped in a field, not tip over, and pretty much got control as soon as possible. His car was about the size of mine, which helped, but I now have enough faith in the car to buy a 2005 version, which we did just tonight.

It's Just Great!!!
By Yogi4 on 11/30/04 11:15 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Stratus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

This is just a great vehicle. I just have the SE model, so I don't have all the goodies, but nontheless it performes great. The gas mileage is good, runs quiet with just a little road noise. It handles well and the 4 cylinder is peppy and made for the do-it-yourself tune-ups. The engine warms up unbelievably fast and the heater will blow you away. But the A/C could be a little colder. You can use your cup holders without your cup getting in the way of anything. The seats are comfortable even on long trips. Use semi-synthetic oil, I find that it improves mileage and smoothness in this engine. Don't use high priced brake pads. Just use the cheap semi metallic pads or it will eat your rotors.

We like it!
By Susan Kirton on 03/17/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Stratus Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

We just bought it and paid 10,000 for it. I didn't want a sedan initially, but I am very happy with the styling and solidity of the car.It could use a few more amonites, but other than that we are happy wih our purchase.

2nd stratus...good value for your $$
By mr cf on 01/04/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Stratus Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This is my 2nd stratus & very happy with it. Only gripe is the doors squeak. dealer replace all hinges and they still squeak. brakes are much improved over previous model. fuel economy is not as good as previous model. pretty peppy for a 4cyl car.

sweet
By ILIKEDODGE on 12/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Stratus Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

I ordered a 95 dodge stratus ES (loaded) with a 5 spd, which was a blast to drive, great gas mileage too... I always thought it needed a v6. Not the wimpy 2.5 liter-150hp w/ automatic MTX only, which was an option that 1st year. The 2003 r/t with the 200hp magnum, match up with the 5 spd, is exactly what it needed. I have had no issues with the vehicle at all. It is powerful, handles extremely well and most vehicles will have trouble keeping up with it. (If that interests you) I look forward to driving it every day. The gas mileage is great. The engine is very smooth and delivers its 200hp nicely.

Nice Car
By MikeChasser on 12/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Stratus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I love my stratus, good car and nice looking too.