Used 2003 Dodge Stratus Coupe Consumer Reviews - 40 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Dodge Stratus Coupe - Consumer Reviews

2003 Dodge Stratus Coupe

View reviews for a specific Stratus model:

Love the car, but a few complaints.
By Lana

2003 Dodge Stratus Coupe R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Since I got my stratus in March of 2006 I've put about 20,000 miles on it, so far it has caused me no problems. It's a lot of fun to drive, but sometimes it feels like the transmission slips when I accelerate. When I bought my car the dealership sold it to us telling us it had ABS, after about 6 months of driving it I noticed it actually had no ABS. The car actually handles really nice in the snow... Surprising for a sports car!

I love the looks of my car, it has a great stereo system and accelerates quickly.

It would be nice to have a tighter turning radius, ABS should be standard, and my dash is peeling away at the top by the windshield. There's quite a few rattles when I go over bumps in the road.

I would love to have mine back!
By 2003 Stratus SXT

2003 Dodge Stratus Coupe SXT 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I absolutely loved this car! Had no problems what so ever. Took it to the mechanic only for oil changes and check ups. I bought the car one year old with 38k miles on it and just recently was in an accident that totaled it with 102K. My accident involved 2 Semi trucks and me and my passenger walked away without even a scratch or an ache! Would recommend this car in a heart beat. Only negatives: turning radius, hard to see out back window, lack of space in back seat.

4 disc CD changer, appearance, great gas mileage

Turning radius

A good sporty car for the price
By R/T fan

2003 Dodge Stratus Coupe R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I got my dark blue (great color) R/T coupe about a year ago and have very much enjoyed it. Has plenty of power without having so much that it's wasted, very precise handling with little roll, great looking and pretty good standard 4-cd sound system and moonroof. The shifter is in a great location with excellent feel although the clutch is a little heavy and tricky in first, and bravo to Dodge for actually offering a manual with the V6 version of the coupe (unlike GM Grand Am or Alero which had no manual with V6 nor Toyota for the Camry Solara; the Mustang has one but the 03s are primitive and I have yet to find a used Accord V6 coupe with the manual). Great mileage (25/30) too!

Manual transmission! Sufficiently powerful and fun to drive. Moonroof. Looks. Mileage. Roomy interior and big trunk for coupe. Stereo. Frameless doors are a cool, retro touch

Make ABS standard. Unbundle trip computer from expensive option package. Very large turning radius compared to size of car and long front/rear overhang (short wheelbase)

Indy Red R/T
By jacob

2003 Dodge Stratus Coupe R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I ended up test driving a lot of cars and the Stratus R/T had style and speed to back it up and it wasn't too expensive. I've owned the car for about two years already and I still love driving it. The leather interior and Infinity sound system make the ride all the more enjoyable.

Infinity stereo sytem, sunroof, autostick, and the compliments

Power passenger seat. Some more horsepower under the hood. This car needs to be rear wheel drive

Sweet Car
By Tanya

2003 Dodge Stratus Coupe SXT 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I commute about 100 miles a day and have been very happy with this car.I have had the same front end problem with the shaking and also had to have my inner tie rods replaced but with as many miles as I have put on it I have to expect some maintenance. When it's really hot and I have the ac on it tends to want to stall when I come to a stop light but has never died. Great gas mileage, love the 4 disc CD changer, and love the style of the car. I upgraded the wheels and rims and it makes it look extra sharp. The trunk is huge and great for groceries. It is kind of low for my parents to get in but I like it because it adds to the sporty look. Overall a great, sporty, reliable and economical car

Sporty look and 4 disc CD changer.

Front end and wanting to stall problem