Used 2003 Dodge Stratus ES Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Dodge Stratus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Stratus model:

Great car for the money
By John420

2003 Dodge Stratus Sedan ES 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Traded in a 99 Breeze with 83,000 miles for this Stratus 4 cylinder ES used with 19,000 on it.So far its been a Great car. Some minor adjustments like noisy wiper blades and excessive wind noise from the drivers door.I will have to go back to have this fixed again as they adjusted the door, but its still there. Also need to get corrected a noisy wine from altenator. Otherwise it rides smooth and fairly quiet.

Favorite Features

Great on gas: 20-22 around town and I have recorded a high of 35.5 mpg on a recent trip! Thats with the A/C on and doing 65mph! Very Confortable on long trips. Lots of room. Rear seats fold 1/2 at a time; nice feature. Great heat.

Suggested Improvements

Better sound proofing,too much road and wind noise at 70 mph. Stronger A/C temp i.e colder(rather weak in very hot weather) Dash lights are hard to read a sunset. Better dealer service-waited 4 hours for a simple oil change!

Excellent middle of the road car
By sac86738

2003 Dodge Stratus Sedan ES 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Realize that this is not a performance car, so performance gets an "average." Comfort-wise, the seats are cushy, and the steering wheel feels good--not cheap. Fun to drive? Not particularly. Interior is well thought out, very simple. The styling of the exterior is pleasing to my eye, especially the shorter windows. It has a kind of "meaner" look to it than its predecessor. As for reliability, it always starts up as soon as the key is turned--no delays. I've never had a problem with my 1999 Stratus, and I sure don't expect to have too many problems with this one.

Favorite Features

White gague faces and hidden information icons--icons only appear when necessary. Otherwise, instrument cluster is a simple black, with white gagues. One of the best stock speaker packages out there... unbelievable stock speakers, when factory stereo replaced.

Suggested Improvements

The center console (where your elbow would rest) could use some MAJOR design work... the inside is practically USELESS, save for if you just want a small "box" to throw stuff in. Needs better organization.

Outstanding
By AVan

2003 Dodge Stratus Sedan ES 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

What a great car - I have never been as happy with a purchase as I am with my Stratus. It's powerful and fun to drive and has more room than most other sedans, esp. in back seat and cargo areas.

Favorite Features

Styling and appearance as well as great handling.

Suggested Improvements

Lose the faux wood on interior (I like the coupe dash better), beef up the horses for an even springier jump. Add a scan feature to the radio.