Used 2003 Dodge Stratus R/T Coupe Consumer Reviews - 22 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Dodge Stratus Coupe - Consumer Reviews

2003 Dodge Stratus Coupe

View reviews for a specific Stratus model:

2003 Dodge Stratus RT 5 speed
By Sean

2003 Dodge Stratus Coupe R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I love this car which I purchased used with around 19k miles in 2005 for about $14k. Ten years later with 196529 Miles it's still purring. Replaced clutch only once few thousand miles ago and little to no repairs... mostly just usual and simple maintenence. This car is simple as it has no ABS or any high tech which I actually prefer; I have a removable gps and CD player with blutooth which is all I need; no expensive electronics to break and worry about spending lots of money on. The dashboard has curled up years ago from sun exposure but whatever... No big deal anymore. My suspension went and it's a rough ride and rattles and shakes on rough roads, as something went, but I can't exactly pin it down and it's not in my opinion worth the money or headache to repair. I can deal with it as I have gotten used to it and its not that bad.

I've had this car ten years @ one third of my life so that says a lot about how much I like the car, it's dependability and me not wanting to buy another as I purchased it in full @ about $14k and never had car payments... Who wants car payments?

Also, the cloth driver seat is in rough shape but that is to be expected with all these Miles. It burns a some oil too which is pretty typical for an old car with this many miles; not worth fixing now as I'll just cheap oil.

I drive this car for work very hard and with this manual transmission I've never had any real issues, repairs or anything go wrong which would go wrong with an automatic. I'm forever staying with manual transmissions.

Great vehicle

Patrick's R/T
By Patrick N

2003 Dodge Stratus Coupe R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought my Stratus R/T a few days before Mother's Day and have loved driving it ever since! The car only had 19,426 original on it, not bad at all for a five year old car. My deep red baby drives like a champ and the sport suspension keeps me firmly on the road with no worries. The black leather looks great and is pretty comfortable on long drives. The automatic shifts with ease and the exhaust note sounds awesome (just loud enough not to be ricer). The trunk is surprisingly large and the cargo net is a nice touch.

Handling, stereo controls are behind the wheel, sunroof, sporty looks with a sexy profile

Turning radius needs to be A LOT tighter, not too crazy with the faux carbon fiber inserts inside, wish i had the auto-stick

Fun but a lot of problems
By Cargurl

2003 Dodge Stratus Coupe R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought the car new and had nothing but problems.They did not give me a new car. They rewired the whole thing and it just wouldn't run.

Love the car, but a few complaints.
By Lana

2003 Dodge Stratus Coupe R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Since I got my stratus in March of 2006 I've put about 20,000 miles on it, so far it has caused me no problems. It's a lot of fun to drive, but sometimes it feels like the transmission slips when I accelerate. When I bought my car the dealership sold it to us telling us it had ABS, after about 6 months of driving it I noticed it actually had no ABS. The car actually handles really nice in the snow... Surprising for a sports car!

I love the looks of my car, it has a great stereo system and accelerates quickly.

It would be nice to have a tighter turning radius, ABS should be standard, and my dash is peeling away at the top by the windshield. There's quite a few rattles when I go over bumps in the road.

A good sporty car for the price
By R/T fan

2003 Dodge Stratus Coupe R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I got my dark blue (great color) R/T coupe about a year ago and have very much enjoyed it. Has plenty of power without having so much that it's wasted, very precise handling with little roll, great looking and pretty good standard 4-cd sound system and moonroof. The shifter is in a great location with excellent feel although the clutch is a little heavy and tricky in first, and bravo to Dodge for actually offering a manual with the V6 version of the coupe (unlike GM Grand Am or Alero which had no manual with V6 nor Toyota for the Camry Solara; the Mustang has one but the 03s are primitive and I have yet to find a used Accord V6 coupe with the manual). Great mileage (25/30) too!

Manual transmission! Sufficiently powerful and fun to drive. Moonroof. Looks. Mileage. Roomy interior and big trunk for coupe. Stereo. Frameless doors are a cool, retro touch

Make ABS standard. Unbundle trip computer from expensive option package. Very large turning radius compared to size of car and long front/rear overhang (short wheelbase)