2003 Dodge Stratus Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Stratus model:
The best car ever!
By Jamie on 06/24/09 15:06 PM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Stratus Coupe SXT 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car when it was a year old with 23,000 miles on it, and I couldn't have asked for anything better when I bought this car! I have had my car now for a little over 5 years, and I have had no problems whatsoever with this vehicle. It's never even been in the shop! Very, very spacious front seats, and I personally think the back seat has plenty of room. What can you expect with a 2-door car?? Car still rides and drives wonderfully, looks great, and I think I will probably drive it for the rest of my life because I love it so much. My only complaint is the leather on the dash is started to pull away from the plastic in areas, but that is due to sun exposure.

2003 Dodge Stratus coupe
By jack on 06/14/09 13:07 PM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Stratus Coupe SXT 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 2003 Stratus SE coupe a year and half ago. It has a little over 100,000 miles. It goes through tires like crazy and the engine squeaks on random occasions and the paint is fading all over the car. The interior is the best though. It looks and feels much sportier inside and all the electronics (cd player, moonroof, windows, mirrors, locks) all work perfectly. The clothe upholstery is also really durable. Engine is fast from a dead stop but it is impossible to pass other cars on the freeway! Gas mileage is also kinda bad for a 4 cylinder

Patrick's R/T
By Patrick N on 07/01/08 17:49 PM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Stratus Coupe R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought my Stratus R/T a few days before Mother's Day and have loved driving it ever since! The car only had 19,426 original on it, not bad at all for a five year old car. My deep red baby drives like a champ and the sport suspension keeps me firmly on the road with no worries. The black leather looks great and is pretty comfortable on long drives. The automatic shifts with ease and the exhaust note sounds awesome (just loud enough not to be ricer). The trunk is surprisingly large and the cargo net is a nice touch.

Fun but a lot of problems
By Cargurl on 06/19/08 17:09 PM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Stratus Coupe R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought the car new and had nothing but problems.They did not give me a new car. They rewired the whole thing and it just wouldn't run.

Love the car, but a few complaints.
By Lana on 03/30/08 15:36 PM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Stratus Coupe R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Since I got my stratus in March of 2006 I've put about 20,000 miles on it, so far it has caused me no problems. It's a lot of fun to drive, but sometimes it feels like the transmission slips when I accelerate. When I bought my car the dealership sold it to us telling us it had ABS, after about 6 months of driving it I noticed it actually had no ABS. The car actually handles really nice in the snow... Surprising for a sports car!

I would love to have mine back!
By 2003 Stratus SXT on 12/18/07 21:15 PM (PST)

2003 Dodge Stratus Coupe SXT 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I absolutely loved this car! Had no problems what so ever. Took it to the mechanic only for oil changes and check ups. I bought the car one year old with 38k miles on it and just recently was in an accident that totaled it with 102K. My accident involved 2 Semi trucks and me and my passenger walked away without even a scratch or an ache! Would recommend this car in a heart beat. Only negatives: turning radius, hard to see out back window, lack of space in back seat.

A good sporty car for the price
By R/T fan on 10/01/07 11:51 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Stratus Coupe R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I got my dark blue (great color) R/T coupe about a year ago and have very much enjoyed it. Has plenty of power without having so much that it's wasted, very precise handling with little roll, great looking and pretty good standard 4-cd sound system and moonroof. The shifter is in a great location with excellent feel although the clutch is a little heavy and tricky in first, and bravo to Dodge for actually offering a manual with the V6 version of the coupe (unlike GM Grand Am or Alero which had no manual with V6 nor Toyota for the Camry Solara; the Mustang has one but the 03s are primitive and I have yet to find a used Accord V6 coupe with the manual). Great mileage (25/30) too!

Indy Red R/T
By jacob on 06/19/07 20:11 PM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Stratus Coupe R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I ended up test driving a lot of cars and the Stratus R/T had style and speed to back it up and it wasn't too expensive. I've owned the car for about two years already and I still love driving it. The leather interior and Infinity sound system make the ride all the more enjoyable.

Sweet Car
By Tanya on 03/16/07 06:44 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Stratus Coupe SXT 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I commute about 100 miles a day and have been very happy with this car.I have had the same front end problem with the shaking and also had to have my inner tie rods replaced but with as many miles as I have put on it I have to expect some maintenance. When it's really hot and I have the ac on it tends to want to stall when I come to a stop light but has never died. Great gas mileage, love the 4 disc CD changer, and love the style of the car. I upgraded the wheels and rims and it makes it look extra sharp. The trunk is huge and great for groceries. It is kind of low for my parents to get in but I like it because it adds to the sporty look. Overall a great, sporty, reliable and economical car

Great sleeper car
By Komomo on 01/29/07 08:16 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Stratus Coupe R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Bought this car with 35K miles on it in a great-looking rare steel blue color. The car looks great, sounds just as good, has a quick, well-placed shifter and is much quicker than you'd expect given the specs. My only significant complaint is that it is unforgivable for a car like this not to have ABS standard. Also a trip computer would be nice (rented a much cheaper PT Cruiser once that had a very good trip computer. Go figure.). Still, the overall driving experience is unparralled at the price, and it is the only American vehicle in this class (coupe versions of Grand Am/G6, Alero, Accord and Camry, but Mustang is a different type of car) to offer a manual with a V6. Shame on GM, bravo Dodge!