Used 2003 Dodge Stratus Coupe Consumer Reviews - 40 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Dodge Stratus Coupe - Consumer Reviews

2003 Dodge Stratus Coupe

View reviews for a specific Stratus model:

2003 Dodge Stratus RT 5 speed
By Sean

2003 Dodge Stratus Coupe R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I love this car which I purchased used with around 19k miles in 2005 for about $14k. Ten years later with 196529 Miles it's still purring. Replaced clutch only once few thousand miles ago and little to no repairs... mostly just usual and simple maintenence. This car is simple as it has no ABS or any high tech which I actually prefer; I have a removable gps and CD player with blutooth which is all I need; no expensive electronics to break and worry about spending lots of money on. The dashboard has curled up years ago from sun exposure but whatever... No big deal anymore. My suspension went and it's a rough ride and rattles and shakes on rough roads, as something went, but I can't exactly pin it down and it's not in my opinion worth the money or headache to repair. I can deal with it as I have gotten used to it and its not that bad.

I've had this car ten years @ one third of my life so that says a lot about how much I like the car, it's dependability and me not wanting to buy another as I purchased it in full @ about $14k and never had car payments... Who wants car payments?

Also, the cloth driver seat is in rough shape but that is to be expected with all these Miles. It burns a some oil too which is pretty typical for an old car with this many miles; not worth fixing now as I'll just cheap oil.

I drive this car for work very hard and with this manual transmission I've never had any real issues, repairs or anything go wrong which would go wrong with an automatic. I'm forever staying with manual transmissions.

Great vehicle

The best car ever!
By Jamie

2003 Dodge Stratus Coupe SXT 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car when it was a year old with 23,000 miles on it, and I couldn't have asked for anything better when I bought this car! I have had my car now for a little over 5 years, and I have had no problems whatsoever with this vehicle. It's never even been in the shop! Very, very spacious front seats, and I personally think the back seat has plenty of room. What can you expect with a 2-door car?? Car still rides and drives wonderfully, looks great, and I think I will probably drive it for the rest of my life because I love it so much. My only complaint is the leather on the dash is started to pull away from the plastic in areas, but that is due to sun exposure.

Very sporty design and quick for a 4 cylinder, 4 disc CD player a plus, large trunk, car heats up in the winter and cools off in the summer very quickly, great gas mileage,

Needs a better positioned front cup holder, and it is a little hard to see over backseat when changing lanes or backing up.

2003 Dodge Stratus coupe
By jack

2003 Dodge Stratus Coupe SXT 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 2003 Stratus SE coupe a year and half ago. It has a little over 100,000 miles. It goes through tires like crazy and the engine squeaks on random occasions and the paint is fading all over the car. The interior is the best though. It looks and feels much sportier inside and all the electronics (cd player, moonroof, windows, mirrors, locks) all work perfectly. The clothe upholstery is also really durable. Engine is fast from a dead stop but it is impossible to pass other cars on the freeway! Gas mileage is also kinda bad for a 4 cylinder

cd changer, sporty interior, moonroof, backseat is larger than other coupes like eclipse, mustang, tiburon, spacious trunk

more power, better paint, better gas mileage(its really bad for a 4 cylinder!) exterior design is awkward

Patrick's R/T
By Patrick N

2003 Dodge Stratus Coupe R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought my Stratus R/T a few days before Mother's Day and have loved driving it ever since! The car only had 19,426 original on it, not bad at all for a five year old car. My deep red baby drives like a champ and the sport suspension keeps me firmly on the road with no worries. The black leather looks great and is pretty comfortable on long drives. The automatic shifts with ease and the exhaust note sounds awesome (just loud enough not to be ricer). The trunk is surprisingly large and the cargo net is a nice touch.

Handling, stereo controls are behind the wheel, sunroof, sporty looks with a sexy profile

Turning radius needs to be A LOT tighter, not too crazy with the faux carbon fiber inserts inside, wish i had the auto-stick

Fun but a lot of problems
By Cargurl

2003 Dodge Stratus Coupe R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought the car new and had nothing but problems.They did not give me a new car. They rewired the whole thing and it just wouldn't run.