Used 2003 Dodge Stratus Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Dodge Stratus - Consumer Reviews

2003 Dodge Stratus Coupe

View reviews for a specific Stratus model:

The best car ever!
By Jamie

2003 Dodge Stratus Coupe SXT 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car when it was a year old with 23,000 miles on it, and I couldn't have asked for anything better when I bought this car! I have had my car now for a little over 5 years, and I have had no problems whatsoever with this vehicle. It's never even been in the shop! Very, very spacious front seats, and I personally think the back seat has plenty of room. What can you expect with a 2-door car?? Car still rides and drives wonderfully, looks great, and I think I will probably drive it for the rest of my life because I love it so much. My only complaint is the leather on the dash is started to pull away from the plastic in areas, but that is due to sun exposure.

Favorite Features

Very sporty design and quick for a 4 cylinder, 4 disc CD player a plus, large trunk, car heats up in the winter and cools off in the summer very quickly, great gas mileage,

Suggested Improvements

Needs a better positioned front cup holder, and it is a little hard to see over backseat when changing lanes or backing up.

2003 Dodge Stratus coupe
By jack

2003 Dodge Stratus Coupe SXT 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 2003 Stratus SE coupe a year and half ago. It has a little over 100,000 miles. It goes through tires like crazy and the engine squeaks on random occasions and the paint is fading all over the car. The interior is the best though. It looks and feels much sportier inside and all the electronics (cd player, moonroof, windows, mirrors, locks) all work perfectly. The clothe upholstery is also really durable. Engine is fast from a dead stop but it is impossible to pass other cars on the freeway! Gas mileage is also kinda bad for a 4 cylinder

Favorite Features

cd changer, sporty interior, moonroof, backseat is larger than other coupes like eclipse, mustang, tiburon, spacious trunk

Suggested Improvements

more power, better paint, better gas mileage(its really bad for a 4 cylinder!) exterior design is awkward

Patrick's R/T
By Patrick N

2003 Dodge Stratus Coupe R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought my Stratus R/T a few days before Mother's Day and have loved driving it ever since! The car only had 19,426 original on it, not bad at all for a five year old car. My deep red baby drives like a champ and the sport suspension keeps me firmly on the road with no worries. The black leather looks great and is pretty comfortable on long drives. The automatic shifts with ease and the exhaust note sounds awesome (just loud enough not to be ricer). The trunk is surprisingly large and the cargo net is a nice touch.

Favorite Features

Handling, stereo controls are behind the wheel, sunroof, sporty looks with a sexy profile

Suggested Improvements

Turning radius needs to be A LOT tighter, not too crazy with the faux carbon fiber inserts inside, wish i had the auto-stick

Fun but a lot of problems
By Cargurl

2003 Dodge Stratus Coupe R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought the car new and had nothing but problems.They did not give me a new car. They rewired the whole thing and it just wouldn't run.

Love the car, but a few complaints.
By Lana

2003 Dodge Stratus Coupe R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Since I got my stratus in March of 2006 I've put about 20,000 miles on it, so far it has caused me no problems. It's a lot of fun to drive, but sometimes it feels like the transmission slips when I accelerate. When I bought my car the dealership sold it to us telling us it had ABS, after about 6 months of driving it I noticed it actually had no ABS. The car actually handles really nice in the snow... Surprising for a sports car!

Favorite Features

I love the looks of my car, it has a great stereo system and accelerates quickly.

Suggested Improvements

It would be nice to have a tighter turning radius, ABS should be standard, and my dash is peeling away at the top by the windshield. There's quite a few rattles when I go over bumps in the road.