Used 2003 Dodge Stratus SE Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Dodge Stratus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Stratus model:

this car is garbage worst investment ever
By whitesoxman61

2003 Dodge Stratus SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

this car has been nothing but a nightmare to own i am a person that likes to do maintenance on my own but that's pretty much impossible. the water pump is on the inside of the engine and costed me $800 to get replaced, the thermostat is on the bottom of the engine and requires you to remove the alternator, battery is located inside the wheel well and you have to remove the tire and splash guard to get to it, just about anything you work on with this car will take 2 times longer than a normal car it was built A$$ backwards i would not tell anyone to buy this car unless they have a LOT of time and money on their hands to fix it.

nothing everything is a pain

good luck with improving this car there is no fixing these might as well use them for scrap metal that is about all their good for.

I miss my Stratus
By abby258

2003 Dodge Stratus SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my 2003 stratus brand new.. I loved it, the only reason I no longer own it is because I traded it for an SUV, becuse 3rd baby was not going to fit in the stratus.. I NEVER had any problems with the vehicle, beside normal wear and tear, and regular maintenance. I HATE the BUICK RENDEZVOUS I ended upo trading in for... My review for that is up too! I am thinking about purchasing another stratus, 2006 model. I loved the stratus!!!

Fast and never having any problems with the vehicle!!!

Should ccost a little less...

Car shuts down on freeway
By sarahleigh

2003 Dodge Stratus SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I have had my stratus for four years. I have had to replace the cold air intake, transmission parts, fuses, water pump, timing belt, and starter. Every few months something else is wrong with this car. The latest episode was the car engine shut off in the middle of th freeway going 70 leaving me without power steering or braking. My car did not give any warning signs before this. no smells, sounds or rough handling. Not only did this car almost kill me but has often left me stranded.

The only positive thing about this car is lots of room for friends and camping gear in trunk

everything

Stratus still going strong
By SE 4 dr sedan

2003 Dodge Stratus SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought 2003 SE 4 Dr in July 2005 for $9,000. It had 54,000 miles on it. It now has 118,000 miles and I had to replace a tie rod and a blower motor in the 4 years that I owned it. Other than routine maintenance, oil changes, brakes.timing belt, I have had no major problems. This car is fun to drive and I usually get from 25-28 miles per gallon. I have the 2.4 engine. I am looking now to buy a 2006 and keep this one as a second car. This car is light brown and I will try to find a low mileage red one next.

gas mileage/ ease of handling/parking

windshield posts tend to block view

Wife's car
By mls

2003 Dodge Stratus SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

This was an excellent purchase. The car has outpeformed our previous vehicle a 2000 Ford Taurus. It is peppey and fun to drive and the gas mileage is excellent. Not as comfortable on a long trip as the bigger car, but not unbearable either. We have had no mechanical problems with this car with 91K on the odometer right now.