2003 Dodge Stratus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Stratus model:
this car is garbage worst investment ever
By whitesoxman61 on 06/08/13 14:46 PM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Stratus SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

this car has been nothing but a nightmare to own i am a person that likes to do maintenance on my own but that's pretty much impossible. the water pump is on the inside of the engine and costed me $800 to get replaced, the thermostat is on the bottom of the engine and requires you to remove the alternator, battery is located inside the wheel well and you have to remove the tire and splash guard to get to it, just about anything you work on with this car will take 2 times longer than a normal car it was built A$$ backwards i would not tell anyone to buy this car unless they have a LOT of time and money on their hands to fix it.

I miss my Stratus
By abby258 on 02/01/11 16:51 PM (PST)

2003 Dodge Stratus SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my 2003 stratus brand new.. I loved it, the only reason I no longer own it is because I traded it for an SUV, becuse 3rd baby was not going to fit in the stratus.. I NEVER had any problems with the vehicle, beside normal wear and tear, and regular maintenance. I HATE the BUICK RENDEZVOUS I ended upo trading in for... My review for that is up too! I am thinking about purchasing another stratus, 2006 model. I loved the stratus!!!

Car shuts down on freeway
By sarahleigh on 10/04/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Stratus SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I have had my stratus for four years. I have had to replace the cold air intake, transmission parts, fuses, water pump, timing belt, and starter. Every few months something else is wrong with this car. The latest episode was the car engine shut off in the middle of th freeway going 70 leaving me without power steering or braking. My car did not give any warning signs before this. no smells, sounds or rough handling. Not only did this car almost kill me but has often left me stranded.

Stratus still going strong
By SE 4 dr sedan on 06/08/09 22:56 PM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Stratus SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought 2003 SE 4 Dr in July 2005 for $9,000. It had 54,000 miles on it. It now has 118,000 miles and I had to replace a tie rod and a blower motor in the 4 years that I owned it. Other than routine maintenance, oil changes, brakes.timing belt, I have had no major problems. This car is fun to drive and I usually get from 25-28 miles per gallon. I have the 2.4 engine. I am looking now to buy a 2006 and keep this one as a second car. This car is light brown and I will try to find a low mileage red one next.

Wife's car
By mls on 04/17/07 18:58 PM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Stratus SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

This was an excellent purchase. The car has outpeformed our previous vehicle a 2000 Ford Taurus. It is peppey and fun to drive and the gas mileage is excellent. Not as comfortable on a long trip as the bigger car, but not unbearable either. We have had no mechanical problems with this car with 91K on the odometer right now.

Sad
By KSD on 09/30/06 07:43 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Stratus SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

The '96 was much more enjoyable. The transmission has had trouble since day 1 in the 2003 model, and I've had nothing but trouble dealing with the Dodge dealerships to fix it. Even though the transmission was replaced 6 months after I bought it, it has had problems the whole time of ownership. I've had the car for 3 years. It has left me stranded on more than one occassion. I've never been so disappointed in a car in all my life. I know one thing, my next car won't be a Dodge of any kind, ever again.

How it handled in an accident.
By Al on 10/04/05 23:39 PM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Stratus SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I was in an accident last week in my 2003 Stratus SE because a fool on a four-lane highway decided to turn left from the right lane, and while I was traveling in that left lane. (He said I was in his blind spot. Guess he never took driver's ed.!) He nearly t-boned me, but I have lived to tell the story. The car was totalled. Both airbags went off, the windshield broke, the front right side sustained much damage, but I was able to get it stopped in a field, not tip over, and pretty much got control as soon as possible. His car was about the size of mine, which helped, but I now have enough faith in the car to buy a 2005 version, which we did just tonight.

It's Just Great!!!
By Yogi4 on 11/30/04 11:15 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Stratus SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

This is just a great vehicle. I just have the SE model, so I don't have all the goodies, but nontheless it performes great. The gas mileage is good, runs quiet with just a little road noise. It handles well and the 4 cylinder is peppy and made for the do-it-yourself tune-ups. The engine warms up unbelievably fast and the heater will blow you away. But the A/C could be a little colder. You can use your cup holders without your cup getting in the way of anything. The seats are comfortable even on long trips. Use semi-synthetic oil, I find that it improves mileage and smoothness in this engine. Don't use high priced brake pads. Just use the cheap semi metallic pads or it will eat your rotors.

Nice Car
By MikeChasser on 12/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Stratus SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I love my stratus, good car and nice looking too.

I love my\Car
By littlebit on 08/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Stratus SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I love my Dodge Stratus,it fun car drive it has lots of power.