2003 Dodge Stratus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Stratus model:
Patrick's R/T
By Patrick N on 07/01/08 17:49 PM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Stratus R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought my Stratus R/T a few days before Mother's Day and have loved driving it ever since! The car only had 19,426 original on it, not bad at all for a five year old car. My deep red baby drives like a champ and the sport suspension keeps me firmly on the road with no worries. The black leather looks great and is pretty comfortable on long drives. The automatic shifts with ease and the exhaust note sounds awesome (just loud enough not to be ricer). The trunk is surprisingly large and the cargo net is a nice touch.

Fun but a lot of problems
By Cargurl on 06/19/08 17:09 PM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Stratus R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought the car new and had nothing but problems.They did not give me a new car. They rewired the whole thing and it just wouldn't run.

Love the car, but a few complaints.
By Lana on 03/30/08 15:36 PM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Stratus R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Since I got my stratus in March of 2006 I've put about 20,000 miles on it, so far it has caused me no problems. It's a lot of fun to drive, but sometimes it feels like the transmission slips when I accelerate. When I bought my car the dealership sold it to us telling us it had ABS, after about 6 months of driving it I noticed it actually had no ABS. The car actually handles really nice in the snow... Surprising for a sports car!

A good sporty car for the price
By R/T fan on 10/01/07 11:51 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Stratus R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I got my dark blue (great color) R/T coupe about a year ago and have very much enjoyed it. Has plenty of power without having so much that it's wasted, very precise handling with little roll, great looking and pretty good standard 4-cd sound system and moonroof. The shifter is in a great location with excellent feel although the clutch is a little heavy and tricky in first, and bravo to Dodge for actually offering a manual with the V6 version of the coupe (unlike GM Grand Am or Alero which had no manual with V6 nor Toyota for the Camry Solara; the Mustang has one but the 03s are primitive and I have yet to find a used Accord V6 coupe with the manual). Great mileage (25/30) too!

Indy Red R/T
By jacob on 06/19/07 20:11 PM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Stratus R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I ended up test driving a lot of cars and the Stratus R/T had style and speed to back it up and it wasn't too expensive. I've owned the car for about two years already and I still love driving it. The leather interior and Infinity sound system make the ride all the more enjoyable.

Great sleeper car
By Komomo on 01/29/07 08:16 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Stratus R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Bought this car with 35K miles on it in a great-looking rare steel blue color. The car looks great, sounds just as good, has a quick, well-placed shifter and is much quicker than you'd expect given the specs. My only significant complaint is that it is unforgivable for a car like this not to have ABS standard. Also a trip computer would be nice (rented a much cheaper PT Cruiser once that had a very good trip computer. Go figure.). Still, the overall driving experience is unparralled at the price, and it is the only American vehicle in this class (coupe versions of Grand Am/G6, Alero, Accord and Camry, but Mustang is a different type of car) to offer a manual with a V6. Shame on GM, bravo Dodge!

Stratus RT Coupe 2003
By Karlie on 01/22/07 15:43 PM (PST)

2003 Dodge Stratus R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I liked the features that came with this car from day one. I have had it just over a year now and have never had it into the mechanic shop for anything more than routine maintainance.

Hot Red R/T by Tom in TN
By TVBAR on 07/02/05 00:36 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Stratus R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought my R/T new 16 months ago with 87 miles on the car. I now have a total of 50,000 miles on it. I have not had any repair issues with the car. I change the oil every 3000 miles and follow the required maintinance schedule. I just changed my first set of tires at 48,000 miles. The car runs great, and has a dependable 3.0 ltr engine. This is my 2nd Stratus. I had a 2000 stratus and put over 150,000 miles on it, and it ran great.

Worth the purchase!
By Sarah B on 06/11/05 13:16 PM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Stratus R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

We were in the market last August for a car, and came to Edmunds.com. Of all the cars we looked up that we were considering, the 2003 Dodge Stratus R/T coupe had the best review. So we made the purchase and have not been let down! I would tend to agree with the other reviews regarding the emergency brake placement, but other than that we can't complain! Definitely worth the purchase!

03 R/T Coupe
By StratusOwner on 01/24/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Stratus R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I love my stratus. It looks great, rides great, and there are so many aftermarket modifications available due to its common engine with the sebring and eclipse.