Used 2003 Dodge Stratus R/T Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Dodge Stratus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Stratus model:

Patrick's R/T
By Patrick N

2003 Dodge Stratus R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought my Stratus R/T a few days before Mother's Day and have loved driving it ever since! The car only had 19,426 original on it, not bad at all for a five year old car. My deep red baby drives like a champ and the sport suspension keeps me firmly on the road with no worries. The black leather looks great and is pretty comfortable on long drives. The automatic shifts with ease and the exhaust note sounds awesome (just loud enough not to be ricer). The trunk is surprisingly large and the cargo net is a nice touch.

Handling, stereo controls are behind the wheel, sunroof, sporty looks with a sexy profile

Turning radius needs to be A LOT tighter, not too crazy with the faux carbon fiber inserts inside, wish i had the auto-stick

Fun but a lot of problems
By Cargurl

2003 Dodge Stratus R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought the car new and had nothing but problems.They did not give me a new car. They rewired the whole thing and it just wouldn't run.

Love the car, but a few complaints.
By Lana

2003 Dodge Stratus R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Since I got my stratus in March of 2006 I've put about 20,000 miles on it, so far it has caused me no problems. It's a lot of fun to drive, but sometimes it feels like the transmission slips when I accelerate. When I bought my car the dealership sold it to us telling us it had ABS, after about 6 months of driving it I noticed it actually had no ABS. The car actually handles really nice in the snow... Surprising for a sports car!

I love the looks of my car, it has a great stereo system and accelerates quickly.

It would be nice to have a tighter turning radius, ABS should be standard, and my dash is peeling away at the top by the windshield. There's quite a few rattles when I go over bumps in the road.

A good sporty car for the price
By R/T fan

2003 Dodge Stratus R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I got my dark blue (great color) R/T coupe about a year ago and have very much enjoyed it. Has plenty of power without having so much that it's wasted, very precise handling with little roll, great looking and pretty good standard 4-cd sound system and moonroof. The shifter is in a great location with excellent feel although the clutch is a little heavy and tricky in first, and bravo to Dodge for actually offering a manual with the V6 version of the coupe (unlike GM Grand Am or Alero which had no manual with V6 nor Toyota for the Camry Solara; the Mustang has one but the 03s are primitive and I have yet to find a used Accord V6 coupe with the manual). Great mileage (25/30) too!

Manual transmission! Sufficiently powerful and fun to drive. Moonroof. Looks. Mileage. Roomy interior and big trunk for coupe. Stereo. Frameless doors are a cool, retro touch

Make ABS standard. Unbundle trip computer from expensive option package. Very large turning radius compared to size of car and long front/rear overhang (short wheelbase)

Indy Red R/T
By jacob

2003 Dodge Stratus R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I ended up test driving a lot of cars and the Stratus R/T had style and speed to back it up and it wasn't too expensive. I've owned the car for about two years already and I still love driving it. The leather interior and Infinity sound system make the ride all the more enjoyable.

Infinity stereo sytem, sunroof, autostick, and the compliments

Power passenger seat. Some more horsepower under the hood. This car needs to be rear wheel drive