2003 Dodge Stratus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Stratus model:
The best car ever!
By Jamie on 06/24/09 15:06 PM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Stratus SXT 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car when it was a year old with 23,000 miles on it, and I couldn't have asked for anything better when I bought this car! I have had my car now for a little over 5 years, and I have had no problems whatsoever with this vehicle. It's never even been in the shop! Very, very spacious front seats, and I personally think the back seat has plenty of room. What can you expect with a 2-door car?? Car still rides and drives wonderfully, looks great, and I think I will probably drive it for the rest of my life because I love it so much. My only complaint is the leather on the dash is started to pull away from the plastic in areas, but that is due to sun exposure.

2003 Dodge Stratus coupe
By jack on 06/14/09 13:07 PM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Stratus SXT 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 2003 Stratus SE coupe a year and half ago. It has a little over 100,000 miles. It goes through tires like crazy and the engine squeaks on random occasions and the paint is fading all over the car. The interior is the best though. It looks and feels much sportier inside and all the electronics (cd player, moonroof, windows, mirrors, locks) all work perfectly. The clothe upholstery is also really durable. Engine is fast from a dead stop but it is impossible to pass other cars on the freeway! Gas mileage is also kinda bad for a 4 cylinder

I would love to have mine back!
By 2003 Stratus SXT on 12/18/07 21:15 PM (PST)

2003 Dodge Stratus SXT 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I absolutely loved this car! Had no problems what so ever. Took it to the mechanic only for oil changes and check ups. I bought the car one year old with 38k miles on it and just recently was in an accident that totaled it with 102K. My accident involved 2 Semi trucks and me and my passenger walked away without even a scratch or an ache! Would recommend this car in a heart beat. Only negatives: turning radius, hard to see out back window, lack of space in back seat.

Sweet Car
By Tanya on 03/16/07 06:44 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Stratus SXT 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I commute about 100 miles a day and have been very happy with this car.I have had the same front end problem with the shaking and also had to have my inner tie rods replaced but with as many miles as I have put on it I have to expect some maintenance. When it's really hot and I have the ac on it tends to want to stall when I come to a stop light but has never died. Great gas mileage, love the 4 disc CD changer, and love the style of the car. I upgraded the wheels and rims and it makes it look extra sharp. The trunk is huge and great for groceries. It is kind of low for my parents to get in but I like it because it adds to the sporty look. Overall a great, sporty, reliable and economical car

Amazing car
By travis on 11/24/06 10:12 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Stratus SXT 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have had this car for a couple of months now and I am in love with it. Iit is the best car I have ever owned and I feel like a king driving it. I would suggest it to anyone. The only problem is the blind spots and it's hard to see out of the back when backing up. Other than that. it's an amazing car

Love my Stratus
By Lori on 11/06/06 23:13 PM (PST)

2003 Dodge Stratus SXT 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car about 5 months ago. I was looking for something descent on gas since I was driving a 2001 Ford Explorer. I found the Stratus (mine is black) and I had to have it. I love the interior and the way it drives. The only problem I have is I need to get new rotors because since I bought the car my front end shakes when I apply the brakes. I guess that will only cost me around $200. I have taken my car on a few road trips and I love the stereo and my sunroof.

I love my car
By I love this Car on 12/03/05 07:55 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Stratus SXT 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I've had this car 18 months. It's fun to drive and beautiful. Mine is red and got me two tickets shortly after purchase. Since the warranty expired I have noticed quite a bit of wobbling in the front end, and during a traffic jam it over heated. Not sure it's going to be economical in the long run. But maaaaaaaaan I love this car.

Great Little Car
By KAB on 07/22/05 19:20 PM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Stratus SXT 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have the Stratus SXT Coupe. I purchased it 1.5 years ago and I love it! I have the ocean blue color. I am always getting comments on how "pretty" my car is! My only complaint is that it is very small. I definitely do not recommend it for someone who has children. Car sits a little too low to the ground. The trunk is huge and mine came with a 4 disc CD player which is very nice.

Not your daddy's old Dodge
By budnelson on 03/20/05 17:25 PM (PST)

2003 Dodge Stratus SXT 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Had this car 15 months....15,000 mile - no problems...lots of compliments on the looks....pearl white color looks sharp when washed....fun to drive

WOW
By Dan Wall on 03/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Stratus SXT 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I went looking for a Extended Cab fullsize pick-up when I saw this baby sitting in the showroom floor. I couldn't help but look it over. I didn't really know that Stratus came in a 2 door, but had to have it well before I even drove it. After driving it, there was no way I could leave with out the car. It's a large enough car to not feel cramped inside, and still a very sporty car that gets some serious attention all passer-bys.