Used 2003 Dodge Stratus R/T Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Dodge Stratus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Stratus model:

Frustrations
By dodgeboy11

2003 Dodge Stratus R/T 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

I bought the car in October of 2002. Picked it up w/ the shrink wrap still on the car and 0 miles on the odometer. I like the car and the styling, but it has become a maintenance headache. 77k miles, and I've had to replace: rear struts, rear brakes, rear strut mounts, transmission solinoid, coolant overflow, front bearings, rust repair on door and on body, and trip computer on top of normal maintenance. The car from day one has also had a fantom ground issue in which on occasions it will: not lock the doors, sunroof stays open, dash lights go bright, cylinder 5 won't fire, speedometer acts up, etc. And most resently the torque converter has started acting up. I'd be cautious w/ the RT.

Favorite Features

Exterior style, sun roof, color, leather steering wheel, autostick

Suggested Improvements

Design with long term quality in mind.

Buy It!
By moparornocar08

2003 Dodge Stratus R/T 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

Bought the car on Labor Day weekend '06 and have never regretted it. It's a four-door with the R/T package, deep metallic red, looks great, runs great, roomy, comfortable, great gas mileage, has all the bells and whistles (leather, 6-disc cd changer, sunroof, etc.), just an all- around great car. The perfomance is definitely suprising. Ours has the automatic with Autostick and can pass pretty much anything you want to (it can do over 110 in third!). It can at least run with 3 Series Beemers with ease:). Definitely get the V6 if you are considering one, they're suprising powerful and get good gas mileage (we average at least 30-32). And we always get compliments on the styling. Great car.

Favorite Features

Everything.

Suggested Improvements

Nothing.

sweet
By ILIKEDODGE

2003 Dodge Stratus R/T 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

I ordered a 95 dodge stratus ES (loaded) with a 5 spd, which was a blast to drive, great gas mileage too... I always thought it needed a v6. Not the wimpy 2.5 liter-150hp w/ automatic MTX only, which was an option that 1st year. The 2003 r/t with the 200hp magnum, match up with the 5 spd, is exactly what it needed. I have had no issues with the vehicle at all. It is powerful, handles extremely well and most vehicles will have trouble keeping up with it. (If that interests you) I look forward to driving it every day. The gas mileage is great. The engine is very smooth and delivers its 200hp nicely.

Favorite Features

200 HP Magnum V6 5 spd NVG-T850 Manual Transaxle 17in 50 Series Tires Moon roof / leather seats Nice sound system (6 CD chgr) Great styling, fit and finish

Suggested Improvements

More HP's you can never have to much HP...it like ram on a computer. Something that all American auto mfgs need to get with...offer all wheel drive.

2003 Status R/T
By pdxr/t

2003 Dodge Stratus R/T 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

I traded in my 2001 Dodge Durango because of the horrible fuel milage (12/17mpg) I was getting. I am very pleased with the 18.5/27.5 I am getting now. It handles great with the 17" tires. The 2.7 is pretty peppy for its size. Anybody know where I can get aftermarket permormance parts for 2.7? The one thing I do miss is the heated leather seats from the Durango. The R/T is a sharp looking, good value for the price.

Favorite Features

Looks sharp for a 4dr. Very good handling. Fun to drive! Dodge has come a long ways. Good value!

Suggested Improvements

Better & more seat adjustment for driver, as well as memory. Auto dim rear veiw mirror. Being able to turn on driving lights with out having headlights on. Better sounding exuast, dual like a Gran Prix has and sounds.

Lovin' It
By MissTai

2003 Dodge Stratus R/T 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

I am so in love with my car. I've owned three other vehicles since I've been driving and my Stratus is the most enjoyable for both style and reliability. Dodge, keep doing what you do.