2003 Dodge Stratus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Stratus model:
Low cost to own and fun to drive as 4 cyl. eco cars go
By billman2 on 02/13/14 14:34 PM (PST)

2003 Dodge Stratus SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Bought new in 03 4 cyl auto good value and to our surprize it's cost to operate has been lower than our japanese car our mother drives, not as well refined but still fun to drive and quieter ride. No issues yet with 140,000 miles except rear struts were replaced. 4 cyl engine not real fast but simple to service and reliable.

206,000 miles a good solid car
By mopar350 on 10/25/12 20:22 PM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Stratus SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car with 50,000 miles on it six years ago. so far I have only done some normal maintance. changed timing belt twice and front brake pads once. now at 206,000 mile mark i have had to change one front wheel bearing. and the transmission is slipping. would have lasted longer if i had changed the fluid and filter like i should have. i have beat this car into the ground and it is still going. i put 36,000 to 40,000 miles a year on this car for the last three years. so i will be putting a transmission in it and keep on driveing it. and i plan on driveing it till the body rusts away. i live in south carolina and there is no rust on it yet so i will be driveing this car for a long time

1st new car, worst car I ever owned
By sharky65 on 06/16/11 11:39 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Stratus SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This car was built cheaply. Here is all the things that have gone wrong with it in the 8 years and 89,000 miles. year 2 new brakes and rotors year 3 drivers side window came off the track $300 year 4 new brakes and rotors, gas gauge stopped working causing $300 bill to replace gas pump, heater fan will only work on high year 5 engine blew up, I had oil change every 3 months, it was under warranty year 6 new brakes and rotors, all windows rattle inside doors year 7 transmission had to be rebuilt year 8 rear strut mounts totally disintergrated because they were made out of cheap aluminum, new brakes and rotors I can finally get rid of it this year. My wife and I alternate buying cars.

Kira the Killer
By Cody on 11/13/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Stratus SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car used because it was such a great deal compared to other cars. It has been very dependable, and is overall a wonderful car to own. This is the 2.4 liter SXT model. I would really recommend this car to anyone on a budget. Just remember to buy from a private party.

its a c+ rating at best
By essexville on 07/17/08 17:25 PM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Stratus SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Fun to put it in corners w/ 16" wheels the road ride is stiff like sporty vehicle, nice. Glass all around few blind spots. I have problems with it that Dodge can't find to fix.

Love my Stratus.
By W Earp on 12/27/06 04:49 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Stratus SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my Status off the line. Great car! Have had very little trouble in over 62k miles. Only had a tire rod break on front right tire. It was under warranty. And now my blower 1-3 is out. Not too bad for over 3 years of owership. Just bad at Christmas.

We like it!
By Susan Kirton on 03/17/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Stratus SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

We just bought it and paid 10,000 for it. I didn't want a sedan initially, but I am very happy with the styling and solidity of the car.It could use a few more amonites, but other than that we are happy wih our purchase.

2nd stratus...good value for your $$
By mr cf on 01/04/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Stratus SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This is my 2nd stratus & very happy with it. Only gripe is the doors squeak. dealer replace all hinges and they still squeak. brakes are much improved over previous model. fuel economy is not as good as previous model. pretty peppy for a 4cyl car.

Safest car on the market
By Elliebean on 12/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Stratus SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Well I don't really know if its the safest but when I got in an accident with my dodge stratus, it saved my life. The car took the impact in all the right places and the driver and I walked away just fine. If you could see the picturesof the accident, you'd be amazed. I'm buying another one.

dodge
By bender on 10/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Stratus SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

It seems to be a rough ride